Humble_Beast

2020 NFL Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

His bowl game was great imo

He does flash.  Maybe he breaks out.  Maybe I saw his lesser performances or teams he didn’t match up well with.  I’m just saying I wanted to be on that bandwagon and after 4 games I couldn’t do it.

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

There’s also not that big of a drop off between number four and eight so why not wait.

No specific order...Top 3 Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

4-8  Higgins, Shenault, T. Johnson, Reagor, Jefferson

Then filler for later...Pittman, Hamler, C. Johnson, Aiyuk, Hightower, Hill, Peoples-Jones, Mims, Edwards, Davis

I'm down with any of the top 3 at 12 and would prefer a trade down for 4-8. The filler is 3rd round and later even though some will go earlier.

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

He does flash.  Maybe he breaks out.  Maybe I saw his lesser performances or teams he didn’t match up well with.  I’m just saying I wanted to be on that bandwagon and after 4 games I couldn’t do it.

Or Maybe I need to watch more games lol point taken tho

Do we really take a WR in round 1? Seems like every year there are good WRs coming out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds

39 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Do we really take a WR in round 1? Seems like every year there are good WRs coming out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Very true,  this is why most of us want a WR in rounds 1 and 3.

Crazy what a difference a year makes for qbs 

burrow up

Herbert down
tua on the shelf

love down

easton is interesting 

kinda Easton vs love right now

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

burrow up

Herbert down
tua on the shelf

love down

easton is interesting 

**Eason 

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

burrow up

Herbert down
tua on the shelf

love down

easton is interesting 

so is Eason ;)

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

burrow up

Herbert down
tua on the shelf

love down

easton is interesting 

I'm personally very interested in Fromm and Hurts. I'd prefer both guys to love and Eason if you assume Eason and Love are going to be anywhere near the first round because I think you'll be able to get Fromm or Hurts in the second (I don't think either fall to the third though). We have the ammo to move up into the second to get one of them.

Both of them are super experienced with a lot of college starts (a must for me when looking for a QB of the future. They both have played in a lot of big games. Leaders. I think both guys have shown the ability to be accurate in the short and intermediate stuff. Neither has a cannon, but both possess good enough arm strength Imo. Fromm works through his progressions really well. And manages the game at a high level (that isnt a knock for me). Hurts improved a lot in terms of going through progressions this season. 

I'm actually higher on Herbert than most seem to be. But Burrow, Tua, and Herbert are the only guys I would personally take in the first. After that I stay away from Eason because he doesn't have a ton of college experience and I don't think he's very accurate, which are 2 of my biggest indicators for success at the NFL level when evaluating. Love is turnover prone and rarely works through progression at all. Both have the physical tools but haven't shown the more intricate aspects to QB play. You're betting on arm strength and athleticism, and while those are nice, both of those things are the traits that lead to a lot more busts than success IMO. Some people like those types of QB prospects because the upside is huge, the floor is also extremely low. 

I'm on Eason and Love. I like them both better than Fromm and Hurts. Ultimately, I am confident that Mayock and Gruden can make a good choice at QB.

Eason seems to be slightly better in the pocket and with the different short to intermediate throws. Love is more mobile, but he seems a little bit slight of build.

55 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I'm personally very interested in Fromm and Hurts. I'd prefer both guys to love and Eason if you assume Eason and Love are going to be anywhere near the first round because I think you'll be able to get Fromm or Hurts in the second (I don't think either fall to the third though). We have the ammo to move up into the second to get one of them.

Both of them are super experienced with a lot of college starts (a must for me when looking for a QB of the future. They both have played in a lot of big games. Leaders. I think both guys have shown the ability to be accurate in the short and intermediate stuff. Neither has a cannon, but both possess good enough arm strength Imo. Fromm works through his progressions really well. And manages the game at a high level (that isnt a knock for me). Hurts improved a lot in terms of going through progressions this season. 

I'm actually higher on Herbert than most seem to be. But Burrow, Tua, and Herbert are the only guys I would personally take in the first. After that I stay away from Eason because he doesn't have a ton of college experience and I don't think he's very accurate, which are 2 of my biggest indicators for success at the NFL level when evaluating. Love is turnover prone and rarely works through progression at all. Both have the physical tools but haven't shown the more intricate aspects to QB play. You're betting on arm strength and athleticism, and while those are nice, both of those things are the traits that lead to a lot more busts than success IMO. Some people like those types of QB prospects because the upside is huge, the floor is also extremely low. 

I kinda hate Fromm I think Georgia should’ve kept fields imo it was obvious fields was better but they stuck by Fromm for some even after him sucking in big games. Something about him just screams entitlement and not grit and grinder.

hurts I actually kinda like especially from an experience standpoint. He’s a warrior but he is a confusing prospect cause freshman year hurts was a1 killing it compared to now. I hate how hurts runs so much esp with ok crazy wr core. What will he do if he has to throw it 30 times?

herbert another confusing one. I liked how he stood in the pocket and delivered strikes in his bowl game. sometimes he throws boneheaded wtf’s tho. Crazy cause if he came out last year he’s almost guaranteed 2nd qb off the board.

eason I think is about to peak at the right time. The lack of experience is kinda scary but at the same time he has a cleaner slate. His early success at wash will motivate him and give him confidence in the nfl

love is a wildcard was 2018 a fluke? Does he have the maturity to be a great nfl qb? Does he have the maturity to be a great qb in Vegas?

i have no idea who I like at qb but Eason is very interesting 

44 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

I'm on Eason and Love. I like them both better than Fromm and Hurts. Ultimately, I am confident that Mayock and Gruden can make a good choice at QB.

More confident in mike may

gruden thinks with his heart too much

mike all logic and mental