2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

To the pro roster building argument: the titans and 49ers won games where their qb didn't have to be superman in the playoffs. The Texans got blown out even with watson because of their deficient roster. Even though I think Watson>>>Jimmy and Tannehill. 

Team>>>> a really good qb trying to mask their team's deficiencies.

Of course, you want both. But I want to REALLY upgrade this roster (especially with those 2 1sts), regardless of who's at qb. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

To the pro roster building argument: the titans and 49ers won games where their qb didn't have to be superman in the playoffs. The Texans got blown out even with watson because of their deficient roster. Even though I think Watson>>>Jimmy and Tannehill. 

Of course, you want both. But I want to REALLY upgrade this roster (especially with those 2 1sts), regardless of who's at qb. 

That's why people don't understand, Carr isn't the problem! No one is saying the dude is Joe Montana but we can easily win with him. He has more arm talent than tannenhill and Jimmy g.. 

Stack the defense in draft, get a good backup RB and get a Wr. We can easily win 9 games with good FA and draft. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roi34 said:

That's why people don't understand, Carr isn't the problem! No one is saying the dude is Joe Montana but we can easily win with him. He has more arm talent than tannenhill and Jimmy g.. 

Stack the defense in draft, get a good backup RB and get a Wr. We can easily win 9 games with good FA and draft. 

I'd say more than that. 

I'll keep this away from qb discussions. 

I think the key in this league is to field a talented defense and an offense that has the well-rounded threats to execute every week.

We need to force more turnovers next year. 14 isn't gonna cut it.

30 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Meh almost got me to give a carr response on a non carr thread. Nice try lol

• Like 3

I just don't get how talking about the QB position should be off limits in a topic about the the draft or our 2020 roster. It seems to me that the most important position on the field is pretty central to these discussions.

Edited by ragingraider
  • Like 1

Just now, ragingraider said:

I just don't get how talking about thew QB position should be off limits in a topic about the the draft or our 2020 roster. It seen to me that the most important position on the field is pretty central to these discussions.

Talking about the qb position and Carr are not the same thing. Talk about the merits of the draftable qb. As soon as you bring up Carr, the thread will descend into a back and forth and will be derailed. It's happened in every thread in the last month or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Talking about the qb position and Carr are not the same thing. Talk about the merits of the draftable qb. As soon as you bring up Carr, the thread will descend into a back and forth and will be derailed. It's happened in every thread in the last month or so.

I'll do my best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Um but those playoff qbs had a awesome regular season... can’t get to the playoffs with it. Let’s not act like they averaged 100yrd/game all season. 

• Like 1