2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Here's an interesting trade idea-

Our #12 and #19 for Indys 34, 44 this year and their 1st rounder and second rounder next year. This is a win for us as it gives us a ton of capital next year and still allows us to pick up a WR1 and a starting defensive CB or LB while maintaining our 3 thirds. If Carr doesn't make a mess of the bed, we have 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year, but if he does we have an attractive package of picks to move up for TV.

I think this is exactly what we need and provides us with great flexibility while filling in our roster at the positions of need without over drafting. The Colts are looking at QB, DE, WR  and they can address these items. We are looking LB, CB, WR and we can address those positionb with still 5 picks in the first 100 and a very deep WR class. 

I would take-

#34 -Patrick Queen  LB LSU

Best LB in the draft besides Isaiah Simmons. Better than Kenneth Murray.

#44-  Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

Most productive WR besides Jefferson and Chase. All around receiver ready to contribute and dependable.

#80-  Zach Baun LB Wisconsin

Consistent OLB who can rush the passer

#81- Levonta Taylor- CB Florida ST.

Slot corner with a ton of upside. He's is young.

# 90-Trajan Brandy-CB Miami

Another smallish corner with a lot of speed can play slot. Very aggressive.

#111- Keith Taylor -CB Cal Berkeley

6'3 corner who is very fluid for his size and plays outside. Richard Sherman type. 

Round 7 -WR Jeremiah Holloman

Character concerns. Otherwise would have been a top WR pick.

Take Danny Trevathan and Chris Jones or Arik Armstead FA.

Pairing a vet at Mike LB with Baun and Queen is a good mix.  A dominant inside force with Jones would be ideal, but KC probably franchises him. Alternatively, Armstead paired with Jordan, Crosby, Ferrell gives us a bunch of guys who can play inside and out and bring pressure. That with Hall, Key, and Hurst is a nice group at Dline.

54 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Our #12 and #19 for Indys 34, 44 this year and their 1st rounder and second rounder next year. This is a win for us as it gives us a ton of capital next year and still allows us to pick up a WR1 and a starting defensive CB or LB while maintaining our 3 thirds. If Carr doesn't make a mess of the bed, we have 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year, but if he does we have an attractive package of picks to move up for TV.

I think this is exactly what we need and provides us with great flexibility while filling in our roster at the positions of need without over drafting. The Colts are looking at QB, DE, WR  and they can address these items. We are looking LB, CB, WR and we can address those positionb with still 5 picks in the first 100 and a very deep WR class. 

I would take-

#34 -Patrick Queen  LB LSU

Best LB in the draft besides Isaiah Simmons. Better than Kenneth Murray.

#44-  Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

Most productive WR besides Jefferson and Chase. All around receiver ready to contribute and dependable.

#80-  Zach Baun LB Wisconsin

Consistent OLB who can rush the passer

#81- Levonta Taylor- CB Florida ST.

Slot corner with a ton of upside. He's is young.

# 90-Trajan Brandy-CB Miami

Another smallish corner with a lot of speed can play slot. Very aggressive.

#111- Keith Taylor -CB Cal Berkeley

6'3 corner who is very fluid for his size and plays outside. Richard Sherman type. 

Round 7 -WR Jeremiah Holloman

Character concerns. Otherwise would have been a top WR pick.

Take Danny Trevathan and Chris Jones or Arik Armstead FA.

Pairing a vet at Mike LB with Baun and Queen is a good mix.  A dominant inside force with Jones would be ideal, but KC probably franchises him. Alternatively, Armstead paired with Jordan, Crosby, Ferrell gives us a bunch of guys who can play inside and out and bring pressure. That with Hall, Key, and Hurst is a nice group at Dline.

It's an interesting idea, but Ballard also loves to move down so unless he's dying to get 2 players at those spots, it's unlikely that he would bite.

It looks like CeeDee Lamb is going to fall to 12 in the consensus mock draft series.  Here is my question...

We took Amari at #4.  We could potentially select CeeDee at #12.  

How do they compare as prospects.  I see Lamb as having a higher ceiling.  But Cooper being more complete.  Can anyone add more of a scouting view to this?

4 hours ago, Totty said:

It looks like CeeDee Lamb is going to fall to 12 in the consensus mock draft series.  Here is my question...

We took Amari at #4.  We could potentially select CeeDee at #12.  

How do they compare as prospects.  I see Lamb as having a higher ceiling.  But Cooper being more complete.  Can anyone add more of a scouting view to this?

Only want lamb if Simmons isn't there. 

Then take best defensive player at 19 or trade down and do same 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Only want lamb if Simmons isn't there. 

Then take best defensive player at 19 or trade down and do same 

Absolutely seconded.  If by some miracle Simmons falls to 12, he is our guy.  100%.  If he isn't there I think we have to take the best WR/BPA which in this case, given the remaining names would be CeeDee.    

10 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Our #12 and #19 for Indys 34, 44 this year and their 1st rounder and second rounder next year. This is a win for us as it gives us a ton of capital next year and still allows us to pick up a WR1 and a starting defensive CB or LB while maintaining our 3 thirds. If Carr doesn't make a mess of the bed, we have 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year, but if he does we have an attractive package of picks to move up for TL.

I like this idea. And Mayock is great at getting good players in later rounds.

However, I don't think whatever team is at #1 next year will trade the pick. Trevor Lawrence will be viewed as too valuable to trade away (same issue as Burrow this year). The best we could do is trade for Fields or whatever QB flies up draft boards next year. 

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Um but those playoff qbs had a awesome regular season... can’t get to the playoffs with it. Let’s not act like they averaged 100yrd/game all season. 

Lol Jimmy G didn’t have an awesome season. Tannehill had a pretty good one and was certainly a surprise. Neither guy had mega seasons. Jimmy G had a similar season to Carr but he also had a really good defense. Also you gotta give it up to Shannahan, the dude just produces offense. I know Gruden is a touchy subject due to his contract but I think he’s got to get better at play calls. Another thing that has me thinking today is Jacobs. The dude is fantastic but his injuries held the offense back, we saw the smurfs on too many 1st and 2nds. They obviously kept him out to protect him the Raiders need another guy to give Jacobs a breather. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Lol Jimmy G didn’t have an awesome season. Tannehill had a pretty good one and was certainly a surprise. Neither guy had mega seasons. Jimmy G had a similar season to Carr but he also had a really good defense. Also you gotta give it up to Shannahan, the dude just produces offense. I know Gruden is a touchy subject due to his contract but I think he’s got to get better at play calls. Another thing that has me thinking today is Jacobs. The dude is fantastic but his injuries held the offense back, we saw the smurfs on too many 1st and 2nds. They obviously kept him out to protect him the Raiders need another guy to give Jacobs a breather. 

Really it was Jimmy first year starting all 16 and he got 27tds 13 ints 1 rushing td and is in the super bowl. Their schedule wasn’t a cake walk either imo. I think that’s pretty awesome. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really it was Jimmy first year starting all 16 and he got 27tds 13 ints 1 rushing td and is in the super bowl. Their schedule wasn’t a cake walk either imo. I think that’s pretty awesome. 

True but like i said the Niners have a much better rosters than the Raiders. That helps QBs allowing them to not have to do as much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Would love to build a nasty DLine, Wouldn’t mind Kinlaw at 12, them go grab the best WR at 19 (Ruggs or Higgins)

I like Kinlaw but physically he's far from the prototypical Guenther 3T. It could be irrelevant but most (if not all) of his DTs were 6'0 to 6'3. Gallimore is his prototype amongst top DT prospects.

Edited by oakdb36

38 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I like Kinlaw but physically he's far from the prototypical Guenther 3T. It could be irrelevant but most (if not all) of his DTs were 6'0 to 6'3. Gallimore is his prototype amongst top DT prospects.

Idgaf what guenther's prototypes are anymore. I like him as a talker, but he's not getting enough out of the defense. Bringing in Joyner and Whitehead almost does it for me. They are by far the worst players on this defense. If you replace them with AVERAGE players, the D is already dramatically improved.