2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I have a question for the Raider Nation, IMO Isaiah Simmons is too light to start as a SLB or MLB in the NFL  In college foot ball he can play either SLB or WLB or SS.  IMO to be an effective SLB or MLB he has to add 15 to 20 pounds of muscle or he will be washed out by NFL O-Line men on running plays he will be very effective in covering TE's and running backs and #2WR's.  The problem that I see with Simmons is his size in his rookie season. He cannot play SAM OR MLB because of his size that limits him to WLB or SS in our system we all ready have 2 SS that are real good we just have to resign Joseph.  We need a top FS.While I really like Isaiah Simmons I do not think he is a good fit in our system.  I would Pick Murray at 19 or trade back a few picks and get another 3rd and pick Murphy then I would pick the best SAM or Will in the 3rd with an OG and a FS or RB.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Idgaf what guenther's prototypes are anymore. I like him as a talker, but he's not getting enough out of the defense. Bringing in Joyner and Whitehead almost does it for me. They are by far the worst players on this defense. If you replace them with AVERAGE players, the D is already dramatically improved.

Well, it's possible the Raiders do GAF even if you don't.

1 hour ago, RaiderForLife said:

I have a question for the Raider Nation, IMO Isaiah Simmons is too light to start as a SLB or MLB in the NFL  In college foot ball he can play either SLB or WLB or SS.  IMO to be an effective SLB or MLB he has to add 15 to 20 pounds of muscle or he will be washed out by NFL O-Line men on running plays he will be very effective in covering TE's and running backs and #2WR's.  The problem that I see with Simmons is his size in his rookie season. He cannot play SAM OR MLB because of his size that limits him to WLB or SS in our system we all ready have 2 SS that are real good we just have to resign Joseph.  We need a top FS.While I really like Isaiah Simmons I do not think he is a good fit in our system.  I would Pick Murray at 19 or trade back a few picks and get another 3rd and pick Murphy then I would pick the best SAM or Will in the 3rd with an OG and a FS or RB.

take this man whatever his weight is.lol (that's strictly imo.lol) also, these guys have advisors/agents that know what to "shore up" it would not surprise me at all if simmons shows up at the combine at over 235lbs maybe even 240 as long as it doesn't hurt his 40. that's really the only knock on him so....and even if he doesn't the young man is 6`4"... hes got room to fill out. just out of curiosity I looked up urlachers combine stats.....6`33/4" ,258lbs 4.57 40. so he was significantly heavier than simmons.  I still think he comes to the combine heavier. we`ll see...to be continued.

16 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I like Kinlaw but physically he's far from the prototypical Guenther 3T. It could be irrelevant but most (if not all) of his DTs were 6'0 to 6'3. Gallimore is his prototype amongst top DT prospects.

I get what you say, but we signed Joyner last year to a huge deal and he was most definately not a PG CB IMO.

There are rumours about how much we would love to have Chris Jones if he hits the FA market, so Kinlaw could be on our radar IMO.

Marinelli's DTs are also shorter in Dallas, so who knows, we might stick to the smaller DTs...

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

I get what you say, but we signed Joyner last year to a huge deal and he was most definately not a PG CB IMO.

There are rumours about how much we would love to have Chris Jones if he hits the FA market, so Kinlaw could be on our radar IMO.

Marinelli's DTs are also shorter in Dallas, so who knows, we might stick to the smaller DTs...

Like i said, it could be irrelevant. I don't know if that's something PG cares about or if it was coincidence. So that's just something to have in mind.

19 hours ago, RaiderForLife said:

I don't think it matters anymore. If he's the SAM, he'll be playing there a low amount of snaps since the nickel is the most used formation. As a nickel LB, he's perfect. Littleton and Simmons would take us from LBs unable to cover anyone to the best duo of coverage LBs in the league. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jordan Love 10 5/8 hand size no baby hands for him. Doesn’t really matter unless u have a fumbling issue. 

It helps with griping which helps with throwing. If you don’t believe me ask Tom Brady. 😉

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Daniel Jeremiah put out his first mock and Lamb at 12 and Queen at 19.

Just saw that. He thinks Lamb is the best WR in the class and I am leaning that way too. So similar to Hopkins imo.

What's the deal with Queen though? He obviously blew up the National game but I really didn't hear much of him before that? Is he that good or are people over rating him because of his final game?

Seems to be that most where not expecting him to declare so with underclassmen like that they don’t get a lot of attention until they declare. 

seems like Queen is ranked ahead of Murray by majority of the so called experts. I see the concerns from Murray and understand why they would rank Queen ahead of him.