2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Field Yates tweeted that Simmons had 7 sacks in 71 pass rush attempts lol hes not making it to 12...

Yeah no chance IMO. Simmons going Top 10. 

If we don’t take Jordan Love, I think we will be taking a WR at 12 whether it’s Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah no chance IMO. Simmons going Top 10. 

If we don’t take Jordan Love, I think we will be taking a WR at 12 whether it’s Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb. 

I'm bummed about Simmons but I agree. I think based on comments from Gruden/Mayock that don't think we consider a QB in the first, but I could be wrong. I like the idea of getting a WR and fully preparing the roster for an incoming rookie the following year if we go that direction. Plus any of those 3 WRs would be great to have.

The thing I'm wondering though is what we do about Kinlaw. I know DT isn't top priority but he's a player. Would we take him at 12 if all 3 of those WRs are there and then take a remaining one at 17? If we DO take a WR at 12 then what do we do at 17? If Kinlaw is there do we go for him over Murray? Is Murray worth it at 17? I feel like FA will impact our choices for sure.

edit: 19, not 17. Brain fart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Maybe if 4 QBs go in the top 10 then we got a shot 

There is a scenario that might work. 

The Panthers at #7 swap picks with the Lions at #3. Panthers draft Tua, Dolphins take Love, and Chargers take Herbert. Even then, we would have to worry about the Jaguars at #9. Unless they are complete idiots and take Eason. 

I realllllly want Ruggs, the explosiveness hed bring to this offense could make us deadly. Kid tracks well, runs good routes, monster YAC, and oh yea, hes gonna blaze in the 4.2s. Dont think he makes it to 19. Tyreek without the DV.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I realllllly want Ruggs, the explosiveness hed bring to this offense could make us deadly. Kid tracks well, runs good routes, monster YAC, and oh yea, hes gonna blaze in the 4.2s. Dont think he makes it to 19. Tyreek without the DV.

Yep.. Ruggs always been my WR2. He’s kinda like my 1.5 behind Jeudy. I see Tyreek Hill or at least 90% of Hill. 

48 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

There is a scenario that might work. 

The Panthers at #7 swap picks with the Lions at #3. Panthers draft Tua, Dolphins take Love, and Chargers take Herbert. Even then, we would have to worry about the Jaguars at #9. Unless they are complete idiots and take Eason. 

The Jags could fall in love with a QB.

We may all have our disagreements, especially with our QB situation, but just wanna say I think we universally agree with whatever Mayock drafts. He has full my support and I trust him completely. Preferably I want Brady on a two year deal and Jordan Love at Pick 12 but if Mayock goes Carr and like Ruggs/Kinlaw I'll be 100% on board. I hope you guys who believe in Carr will feel the same way if we draft a QB though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

All of this. If Carr comes back, I will continue to have my doubts, but that doesn't mean I won't be rooting for him to prove me wrong. 

I would be much more excited about a new qb, but I would love kinlaw/ Ruggs along with a legit lb for once.

That’s where I’m at too Simmons/ Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy/Brown/Kinlaw at 12 you just can’t go wrong 🙂

• Like 1