2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Some people have party programmed into their veins. Favre in Atlanta was drunk every night and claims he’d be dead if not traded. Green Bay is the most anti-party place on earth. Atlanta GM claims he had better offers but was worried about Favres well being. 

Have you ever been to Green Bay? Wisconsin and drinking go hand in hand.

Imagine if Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love went in the top 10 and 3 Olinemen...Young, Brown, Simmons, Okudah is 11. So any WR is there or a top Defender. HB isn’t too far off if QB gets pushed up like it usually does.

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

I just wanted to say I've seen a lot of talk about KJ Hill at the Senior Bowl.  I've read that he's projected as a day two (2-3 round) pick.  Hoping we can get a first round WR and another in the third.  I know some may believe that is overkill, but I think the WR depth would be great.  CD Lamb, Williams, Renfrow, KJ Hill as our 4 would be awesome.  I don't follow college ball much, so if any of you college football experts could weigh in, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ok some tidbits for ya.

He's not a burner and probably won't wow anybody at the combine, this is good for keeping his stock down. 

He was basically the Renfrow for the Buckeyes since he got there. Always found a way to get open and convert when needed. He's obviously a better and bigger athlete.

Even with a lot of talented guys at WR over the past few years, some of which were drafted high last year, he has been my favorite. 

He is the all-time reception leader for the team breaking David Boston's record late this season. I don't have his specific stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure he caught a pass in just about every game. He had a long streak going.  I'll add some stats in a bit..

Ok, so he had 56/549/3, 70/885/6, and 57/636/10 the last 3 years. 201 career catches. I think he fell short of the best streak by a game, but 47 straight games with at least one catches is still impressive. 

Edited by true2form
  • Like 2

This wouldn’t suck lol
12: R1P12

WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA
19: R1P19

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
80: R3P16

LB PATRICK QUEEN
LSU
81: R3P17

WR K.J. HAMLER
PENN STATE
91: R3P27

BEN BREDESON
MICHIGAN
118: R4P15

EDGE JAMES LYNCH

I notice it changes on Tuesday. If a player gets injured or has off field concerns and fans stop selecting them there they fall down the board. Don’t know if that’s a computer algorithm or someone just as bored doing it manually lol. Last year AJ Brown and Metcalf always went in the 1st but both were later in the 2nd round. Greedy too. 

1. Trade down remaining in the first and picking up a second (18 and 56 from Miami who could be targeting a OL?)
1. Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama -- Speed element to our offense.
1. Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma -- Leader for the defense
2. Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn  -- Raw, but has high upside and speed which could be a very relevant attribute going against Mahomes/Tyreek/Hardman
3. Troy Dye, LB Oregon -- Additional linebacker help, as I view this as a significant weakness in our defense and Dye along with Murray could develop LB into a strength.
3. Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina -- Possession WR with a prototypical build, background and character seems like a Mayock kinda guy.
3. Amik Robertson, CB Louisiana Tech -- Nickle corner with ball hawking tendencies and some boom hits
4. Ross Blacklock, DT TCU -- Additional DT rotation help. 
5. Charlie Heck, RT UNC -- Could become stronger, but looks like.a Tom Cable OT. His dad coaches OL for KC, and he had a good game with a broken hand against Clemson.
7. Kyle Murphy, OG Rhode Island -- This is a random small school guy that you watch blow people off the ground mauling them and just wonder if it could develop or if thats just the level of competition, 7th round is random but this dude is fun to watch maul people)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G said:
This wouldn’t suck lol
12: R1P12

WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA
19: R1P19

LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
80: R3P16

LB PATRICK QUEEN
LSU
81: R3P17

WR K.J. HAMLER
PENN STATE
91: R3P27

BEN BREDESON
MICHIGAN
118: R4P15

EDGE JAMES LYNCH

If the other 31 owners were on lsd. This would be amazing but it's not happening

• Like 1

7 hours ago, G said:

Imagine if Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Love went in the top 10 and 3 Olinemen...Young, Brown, Simmons, Okudah is 11. So any WR is there or a top Defender. HB isn’t too far off if QB gets pushed up like it usually does.

Yeah, I think Young, Okudah, 3 QBs and 3 OTs will go before our pick. That means one of Lamb, Jeudy, Simmons and Brown would be available at 12. Most likely scenario imo is Lamb or Jeudy is available. Kinlaw could also go earlier than 12 pushing another one to us.

https://nfldraft.theringer.com/

Just putting this here, i think it's nicely done.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Yeah, I think Young, Okudah, 3 QBs and 3 OTs will go before our pick. That means one of Lamb, Jeudy, Simmons and Brown would be available at 12. Most likely scenario imo is Lamb or Jeudy is available. Kinlaw could also go earlier than 12 pushing another one to us.

https://nfldraft.theringer.com/

Just putting this here, i think it's nicely done.

I haven’t seen that draft site before. I haven’t dug super deep through it, but It looks like a well done site. Thanks for sharing.

17 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I had never heard of KJ Hill until this week so no college football expert here but

that's nice!

Yeah I've seen this and a couple of drills where he spun the DB around in a circle and created serious separation.  That may just be the DB lacking any real talent, but it looked impressive.

I’m becoming a bigger fan of Kinlaw, though I think we have more pressing areas of need. However, this comes back to the age old argument of Talent vs Need...

If Mayock feels Kinlaw is an elite prospect and drafts him, what would be the plan for Hurst and Hall as we’d have 3 3T DTs? What would be the trade value of either guy?

An interior pass rush of Hurst and Kinlaw would be pretty sexy though...

4 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I’m becoming a bigger fan of Kinlaw, though I think we have more pressing areas of need. However, this comes back to the age old argument of Talent vs Need...

If Mayock feels Kinlaw is an elite prospect and drafts him, what would be the plan for Hurst and Hall as we’d have 3 3T DTs? What would be the trade value of either guy?

An interior pass rush of Hurst and Kinlaw would be pretty sexy though...

I think Hall isn't limited to a 3T and will take over for Hankins at 1T in 2021.

• Like 1