2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, true2form said:

Well Ferrell for instance. They all labeled him as pro ready and it stuck. 

With Ferrell I believe the team thought of him as that type of player.  If you thought Ferrell was a boom or bust player that is not a lot of Boom to risk a bust at #4.  He just does not have a high ceiling.  Any player can be a HOF and any player can be out of the league tomorrow.  Some just carry more potential talent.  I had a ton of red flags for Ferrell at 4 but a lot of people said that he was 1 a position of need and 2 pro ready.  That was why we took him at 4 over White, Bush, Allen,...  

On 1/23/2020 at 3:15 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

The middle crop of WR's continues to grow at the senior bowl.

KJ Hill reminds me a lot of emmanuel sanders. Van Jefferson will likely drop because of his age and possible testing #'s, but he runs nice routes and also will be a good pro.

There is a reason why in my mocks or just in discussions I have us signing Sanders or drafting Hill in the 3rd.  I really like both.  To bad Sanders age is going to start causing problems though.  Definitely prefer Hill in the 3rd.

• Like 1

I’m really interested in seeing Logan Wilson 40 time at the combine. He really intrigues me at MLB. He plays fast and you can see the football smarts he has when he plays. If the Raiders do end up bring back Burfict. Logan will be a nice player to stash behind him and eventually take over.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like this guy in the 5th - 7th round if we are looking at upgrading the backup QB spot. I think Mcdonald is on the same level as Love but not as hyped. I could see Cole stealing the backup QB spot

Meh love showed him up when they faced each other he’s a interesting prospect tho.

43 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yikes.... there is a reason, everybody knows Love needs to ride the bench.

Like most college QBs, he locks on to his 1st read too much. The smarter DBs are going to take advantage. 

I have said before that I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. But he his VERY talented. 

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like this guy in the 5th - 7th round if we are looking at upgrading the backup QB spot.

We're looking for a better starter.

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Mcdonald is on the same level as Love but not as hyped.

Really dumb take. Outside having a big arm, they are nothing alike. If McDonald could play, he'd be as hyped. Love plays at at Utah St. He earned his hype. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Like most college QBs, he locks on to his 1st read too much. The smarter DBs are going to take advantage. 

I have said before that I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. But he his VERY talented. 

Go back to 2018 before his entire offensive coaching staff left and scout him. He's been great at the senior bowl by all accounts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Go back to 2018 before his entire offensive coaching staff left and scout him. He's been great at the senior bowl by all accounts.

You are probably right. He played well at his bowl game this year too. There were several times he went through his progressions. 

I would say majority of Loves ints this year where due to trying to force things this year with a less talented supporting cast around him. Give him NFL coaching and work on his footwork and he will be more than fine in the NFL. Dudes a baller. 

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would say majority of Loves ints this year where due to trying to force things this year with a less talented supporting cast around him. Give him NFL coaching and work on his footwork and he will be more than fine in the NFL. Dudes a baller. 

Pretty much this. He was a stud in 2018 and the entire staff left for greener pasture. They hired a retread coach at USU. They lost the Oline, top RB and top WR. Had to learn a new offense.

Example:

Love has potential to change a franchise. From the senior bowl:

#parktheCarr

• Like 5