2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Like most college QBs, he locks on to his 1st read too much. The smarter DBs are going to take advantage. 

I have said before that I wouldn't take him in the 1st round. But he his VERY talented. 

He has raw talent, the measurements and a rocket arm. So does Kizer.... Love is a raw developmental QB who should go in the 3-4th round 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

He has raw talent, the measurements and a rocket arm. So does Kizer.... Love is a raw developmental QB who should go in the 3-4th round 

Kizer was drafted in the 2nd round. QBs get pushed up draft boards every year. NFL GMs are going to make those decisions.

I want the Raiders to address the defense and/or a WR. 

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Josh uche is a sleeper 

I don’t know what his true position is tho

hes played all lb and de spots

Some posters were talking about him in the draft threads the other week and I looked at him. Size of Mack and wasn't used as a pass rusher as much as some who watched him. (I didn't) They said he was stout against the run for his size. Would probably be a good depth guy who could be used as pass rusher and LB from time to time. 3rd good but 4th absolutely.

15 minutes ago, G said:

Some posters were talking about him in the draft threads the other week and I looked at him. Size of Mack and wasn't used as a pass rusher as much as some who watched him. (I didn't) They said he was stout against the run for his size. Would probably be a good depth guy who could be used as pass rusher and LB from time to time. 3rd good but 4th absolutely.

Saw him last year watching devin and winovich he can play all lb spots and de. Great utility lb.

• Like 1

@big_palooka Love is my QB3, his 2018 tape is phenomenal. He has a laser arm, pin point accuracy, A+ pocket presence, and solid mobility. NFL Draft Section seems to hate on him cause he threw so many INTs.. I keep trying to explain Loves INTs are not an accuracy issue, it’s reading defenses issue/poor coaching issue. Defensive looks are coachable. Accuracy is not all that coachable. We’ve seen it with Josh Allen. And I also don’t trust Eason/Herberts accuracy at the next level.

Make no mistake, Love is a project QB but so is ever QB not named Tua and Burrow. I usually hate project QBs but Love seems like he can be a Top 7-8 QB with great coaching like Jon Gruden.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Funny that NFL exects have him as a top 15 selection thought right? You've never watched a Utah State game in your life.

• Like 1

I’m all on board for Love at 12, but if we decide not to go that route, Javon Kinlaw and Patrick Queen makes us a very very physical team. Hopefully Mayock will be able to find a potential starting CB in the 3rd Round. The guy from Utah is pretty physical. 

You guys said watch Love 2018 games right? Was not impressed in the slightest. I'm sorry but hitting WIDE OPEN guys is not impressive. He is not a better QB prospect then Kizer was coming out of Notre Dame. I like Herbert better then Love... But if we are going to develop a QB, I would rather develop Kizer then any QB in this draft not named Joe Burrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

What would the first 7 picks have to look like to trade 12 + 80 for 8?

Tua, Derrick Brown, or Okudah would have to tumble or else there is 0% chance of the Raiders making that trade, and I think most here would agree with me on this one. 

Plus I don’t think the Cards would move down 4 spots, and out of the Top 10, for just a third rounder. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

You guys said watch Love 2018 games right? Was not impressed in the slightest. I'm sorry but hitting WIDE OPEN guys is not impressive. He is not a better QB prospect then Kizer was coming out of Notre Dame. I like Herbert better then Love... But if we are going to develop a QB, I would rather develop Kizer then any QB in this draft not named Joe Burrow. 

Come on man. His 2018 tape is really impressive. Yes, a lot of guys are open, but he takes deep shots to and can put it right on the money in stride just out of reach of the defender. Something Carr will not do under any circumstance unless he is wide open (Amari was always wide open when he threw). 

Love has really good accuracy with a laser arm. Good mobility. And unlike Carr, his pocket presence is superb. Yes, he has a lot of trouble reading and understanding defenses, and it’s easy to fool him, but he’ll have solid Raider coaching and shouldn’t step foot on the field in 2020 unless it’s Week 17. 

And Herbert over Love? Herbert had the best college oline in history and still underwhelmed. Even @ronjon1990 who has seen way more Oregon snaps than any of us has Herbert behind Burrow, Tua, Love, and Eason.