2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Depending on the QBs in 2022, could see Stingley as the 1st pick in the draft. Has there ever been a CB at the 1st pick?

He is definitely going to go high. You watch LSU games and you see him definitely stand out but the defense runs like a machine every cog every part has a place in the machine and works together but Stingley definitely stands out I was very impressed with him and his skill and athleticism. 

53 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Read that Gruden doesn’t drop as many F bombs or intense verbal barrages because Carr, as we know, is sensitive with a fragile psyche. Once we get a new QB, we’ll see the Gruden we know and love have his verbal barrages on the field. 

You just wanted to say this didn't you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CerealKiller said:

You just wanted to say this didn't you

No, literally read an article about it and listened to Kirwan and Miller discuss it for like 5 minutes straight a few days ago. Jon Gruden adjusted his personality because if sensitive Carr is. That is not an opinion or theory. That is a fact. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Read that Gruden doesn’t drop as many F bombs or intense verbal barrages because Carr, as we know, is sensitive with a fragile psyche. Once we get a new QB, we’ll see the Gruden we know and love have his verbal barrages on the field. 

Link?

Further, this is a different era and athlete. Not many QBs have Rich Gannon's thick skin hence why Gruden never found his guy in Tampa for years of trying.

Him dropping F bombs and having "verbal barrages" isn't good coaching IMO anyway.  A good coach knows how to approach each individual player, so props to Gruden for understanding that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No, literally read an article about it and listened to Kirwan and Miller discuss it for like 5 minutes straight a few days ago. Jon Gruden adjusted his personality because if sensitive Carr is. That is not an opinion or theory. That is a fact. 

Or...he’s getting older and mellowing out. There have been plenty of times where other players have messed up and he didn’t go ham on them. It’s pretty hard to believe that Gruden won’t cuss a guy out for dropping a pass, allowing a TD or missing a kick because it might hurt his QBs feelings. This is football, Carr has 100% been around guys who have dropped f bombs and he’s been effective as a player. Personally i don’t cuss, but it hasn’t really prevented anyone at my job or anywhere else from being that way.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Link?

Further, this is a different era and athlete. Not many QBs have Rich Gannon's thick skin hence why Gruden never found his guy in Tampa for years of trying.

Him dropping F bombs and having "verbal barrages" isn't good coaching IMO anyway.  A good coach knows how to approach each individual player, so props to Gruden for understanding that. 

Exactly, I’m not sure if anyone follows the shows all or nothing but if all the coaches on that show Jason Garrett was probably the guy who said the f word the most. It felt pretty manufactured after awhile like he was trying to be tough. 

Gruden doesn't just do it out of anger, he does it out of excitement too.  I properly timed f bomb can really get people fired up. I do remember a few clips on Hard Knocks which panned to Carr after Gruden said one and it looked like he was a five-year-old hearing it for the first time.

I think the greater issue here is that Carr doesn't have that 2016 killer instinct anymore.  Gruden was hoping to bring it out of him, and although we have seen some small glimpses of it, he cowers like a scared puppy more often than not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Or...he’s getting older and mellowing out. There have been plenty of times where other players have messed up and he didn’t go ham on them. It’s pretty hard to believe that Gruden won’t cuss a guy out for dropping a pass, allowing a TD or missing a kick because it might hurt his QBs feelings. This is football, Carr has 100% been around guys who have dropped f bombs and he’s been effective as a player. Personally i don’t cuss, but it hasn’t really prevented anyone at my job or anywhere else from being that way.

Plus he was very softly, softly with the receiver who shall not be named on Hard Knocks at least so as BP said, he may be maturing as a coach. Different players need different approaches, not everyone responds to drill sergeant style coaching, some guys need an intellectual exchange and some guys need a pat on the back and a gee up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sadly... you're in it.

Thank you for the reminder because I was about to reply about other topics. O.o I get so confused sometimes... LOL

Really excited about what 'could' happen with this draft. I'm hoping Miami falls in love with two players by their 2nd pick @ 18 as I'd like to trade 19 and 91 +1011

for 39/56/70 = 1090 as I prefer the two 2nds and high 3rd value wise especially with the depth at positions we need. 

If 12 is a defender and Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb are gone by 19 Higgins would probably be my choice but I'd rather trade down and take BPA @ WR at 39 and 70 as I think the value there will be better than 19/91 value. Then 56 is a great place for a LB as Simmons is the only one I'd want in the 1st. I could see 39 being used on a LB and 56 a WR too, just depends on who's available. History has shown that picks 37-45 yield really good DB's so 
I wouldn't rule one out at 39 either. LOL 

See it's why I'm excited about what 'could' happen and thank you for the reminder to keep it on topic as it's difficult to stay on topic when it's OCD offseason. LOL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, G said:

Thank you for the reminder because I was about to reply about other topics. O.o I get so confused sometimes... LOL

Really excited about what 'could' happen with this draft. I'm hoping Miami falls in love with two players by their 2nd pick @ 18 as I'd like to trade 19 and 91 +1011

for 39/56/70 = 1090 as I prefer the two 2nds and high 3rd value wise especially with the depth at positions we need. 

If 12 is a defender and Jeudy, Ruggs and Lamb are gone by 19 Higgins would probably be my choice but I'd rather trade down and take BPA @ WR at 39 and 70 as I think the value there will be better than 19/91 value. Then 56 is a great place for a LB as Simmons is the only one I'd want in the 1st. I could see 39 being used on a LB and 56 a WR too, just depends on who's available. History has shown that picks 37-45 yield really good DB's so 
I wouldn't rule one out at 39 either. LOL 

See it's why I'm excited about what 'could' happen and thank you for the reminder to keep it on topic as it's difficult to stay on topic when it's OCD offseason. LOL

I can definitely see us trading down depending upon who’s there at 19. I think a huge talent like Juedy, Kinlaw, Lamb or maybe even Okudah or Simmons could fall to 12 but O think they’ll pretty much all be gone by 19 and we might try and get some value by trading 19 and acquiring a lower 1st and maybe a 2nd. I can also see us trading down with one of our 3rds to add a 4th and a 5th maybe. We need depth and some pretty good value can be had then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I can also see us trading down with one of our 3rds to add a 4th and a 5th maybe. We need depth and some pretty good value can be had then.

Would love another 4th and a 5th. Mayock took what he wanted (Crosby) and then maneuvered excellently adding more talent and value with the picks. I liked Reggie, but Mike has ended the trading down for less value that Reggie accepted. 

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

you cant help yourself bro....lol....this man needs carr counseling! stat! lmfao! this is the draft thread bro! that being said, im a raider fan, marine and was in a 1%er motorcycle club for 10 yrs......im all for the freedom to cuss if and when necessary, I like carr fine ,but if it offends his delicate sensibilities too flippin bad....wrong career.lol.  now back to our regularly scheduled program.Lol!!!

• Like 4