2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wouldn't be mad about it at all. I'd love a bigger bodied WR to put on the field, especially in the RZ. Still hoping we double dip at WR (3rd and a later pick, especially if we do any trading back). 

Pitman looks tight in his body and doesn't create good separation. Reminds me of Laquan Treadwell. I think he's at best a rotational WR. He's like a rich man's Marcell Ateman to me. I just don't see it. 

if im picking and I want a bigger receiver in the 3rd, pittman might be ok but for some reason I just like d mims. and if t Johnson is there id take him as well. either would be my choice before pittman, but I believe everyone on here knows im high on those 2 as potential 3rd rd picks .

16 hours ago, Totty said:

I'm seeing more and more mocks where Simmons drops to 12 or beyond.  If I'm Mayock... I'm sprinting to the podium if this happens.  

Ive seen a few where Okudah and Brown have dropped too. I guess we could see 3 QBs and 3 OTs go in the top 11 aswell as Young so that basically leaves 4 spots for Brown, Okudah, Simmons, Juedy and Lamb so we should be in line for one of the consensus elite talents.  

• Like 1

With the combine coming up next week. Who are your guys biggest risers from the event?

Mine is WR Donovan Peoples-Jones. He had to deal with awful QB play. If he would have had a decent QB while at Michigan he would be getting picked a lot earlier then he will be. He is gonna light the combine up. Only thing the bad bad QB play helped him with is it showed his ability to make some pretty crazy catches. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

With the combine coming up next week. Who are your guys biggest risers from the event?

Mine is WR Donovan Peoples-Jones. He had to deal with awful QB play. If he would have had a decent QB while at Michigan he would be getting picked a lot earlier then he will be. He is gonna light the combine up. Only thing the bad bad QB play helped him with is it showed his ability to make some pretty crazy catches. 

dpj seems like a good potential pick, if for example we went all D in the first then a combination of mims/Johnson/pittman with dpj or v Jefferson would be absolutely ok with me. especially because that would mean 2 firsts used on defense.(simmons/kinlaw or kinlaw/queen/murray/baun or the right DB any would work for me)

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Here’s a thought: 

going two wideouts in the 1st ! improver the defense in free agency! Yowie Wowie! 

Only and ONLY if we got the guy Grudock wanted the most and all the top talent was gone at 19 except for more WR's and there's no offer to trade down. As Chali21 mentions if they both ball then one will probably have to go come payday but other positions getting paid gives a more balanced team. Could trade one of them after a few years and still get a first from Dallas...^_^ If I got Jeudy and Ruggs I would be very happy even if it's overkill.

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Then you’d have to pay both guys. 

This is an interesting point... and I’d like to expand on it. 
I don’t have a problem with drafting Lamb/Jeudy@12 and Ruggs@19.  Yes in 5 years if they hit we’d be looking at signing 2 WRs making what today’s market would be 18m and 12m per year.  Obviously in 5 years the cap and WR pay rates will go up pretty equally.  How is that any different than paying us having Williams @11m and then adding a top FA @12-18m?  In fact it’d be easier to keep 2 draftees because if they are studs we could extend Them early.  This allows us to put some upfront money into a rookie deal year and spread the total new money over an additional year.  Thus, in today’s dollars 4y48m would have cap hits around 9-10m per year and 4y96m would have cap hits of 14-15m

you can always keep your own players If you draft well and don’t overspend in FA.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

DPJ is a pretty underrated prospect at this point.  Patterson really held him and Tarik Black and Nico Collins back.  He was one of the WRs I was hoping would stay underrated (Along with Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State , Tyler Johnson, Minnesota , James Proche, SMU , and Gabriel Davis, UCF (he’s highest ranked of the bunch and more of a 3rd rounder) ) and we could use a 4th or 5th on them to double or even triple up on WRs in the draft.

We only have Renfrow and Williams as “definitely” making the team.  I’m sure we’ll sign a veteran FA. If we keep 6 WRs, and draft 2 WRs by end of day 2 it would leave Zay Jones, Gafford, and Ateman to compete for WR6.  I really wouldn’t mind using a 4/5th on the right player to replace them.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pitman looks tight in his body and doesn't create good separation. Reminds me of Laquan Treadwell. I think he's at best a rotational WR. He's like a rich man's Marcell Ateman to me. I just don't see it. 

Pittman has great competitiveness and ball skills but lacks in key areas I think you need to be a successful day 1 nfl starter. His deficiencies are the same reasons I feel Higgins is underrated. Higgins moves so well for a big guy. Great speed and COD.

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He's criminally underrated in the WR conversation, I agree. Heck of a player, shame Patterson was just so bad for Harbaugh.

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

This is an interesting point... and I’d like to expand on it. 
I don’t have a problem with drafting Lamb/Jeudy@12 and Ruggs@19.  Yes in 5 years if they hit we’d be looking at signing 2 WRs making what today’s market would be 18m and 12m per year.  Obviously in 5 years the cap and WR pay rates will go up pretty equally.  How is that any different than paying us having Williams @11m and then adding a top FA @12-18m?  In fact it’d be easier to keep 2 draftees because if they are studs we could extend Them early.  This allows us to put some upfront money into a rookie deal year and spread the total new money over an additional year.  Thus, in today’s dollars 4y48m would have cap hits around 9-10m per year and 4y96m would have cap hits of 14-15m

you can always keep your own players If you draft well and don’t overspend in FA.

I was at work so i couldn’t really expand on my thoughts, i think you’d have to let go of one guy, kinda like when the broncos had Thomas and Decker. I mean if the value is there 100 percent take that guy but personally I’d like my talent spread out all through the roster. I’d rather have above average positions talent wise than an over powered position with the others being below average.