2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I was at work so i couldn’t really expand on my thoughts, i think you’d have to let go of one guy, kinda like when the broncos had Thomas and Decker. I mean if the value is there 100 percent take that guy but personally I’d like my talent spread out all through the roster. I’d rather have above average positions talent wise than an over powered position with the others being below average. 

I understand it was a limited, quick response.  And I agree we’d be better off spreading resources (Cash and picks) across the roster.  Im not even advocating for 2 1st Round WRs.  I’m all for a 1st then a 3rd.  I’d even if we take Jeudy/Lamb @ 12 the only WR@19 that intrigues me is Ruggs.  I wouldn’t even want to trade Down from 19 and take a Higgins, Shenault , etc.  The difference between what they’d add to the team over the various 3rd round WRs we could draft isn’t that big and the need for another WR isn’t that big after we got Lamb/Jeudy@12.

I just think it’s possible!!! (Not necessarily advisable) to draft 2 WRs in the first and then resign them after their rookie deal.

Let’s assume we take Jeudy @12 and Ruggs@19 and let’s just forecast the money in 2020 dollars, as WR salaries and the cap will both rise heavily by 2024/2025 but the increases will be relative and proportional.

And let’s assume Jeudy becomes what Amari Cooper is and Ruggs become what Stefan Diggs is.  Jeudy would be a 18m/yr player and Ruggs 14m/yr.  

Obviously, 32m on a 200m cap for 2 WRs is hard to swallow.  However, if we extend the both them early we could make it work.  We can push some money (as I broke down before) into the Last rookie contract Year and structure the contracts to have the smallest cap hits year 1 and 2 now we’ve reduced 18 and 14 per year into a manageable 14m and 11m.  
Right now we have Williams at 11m and might go into Free Agency and sign Sanders or Green for 11-15m.

Yes, Drafting 2 WRs in the first isn’t advisable but with proper cap management we COULD afford to resign them.  I’d also like to note by 2024/2025 we likely have a starting QB on a rookie deal Or drafting one that year.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:53 PM, BayRaider said:

I am making a Top 60 list and at around 45. Have a few things that surprised even myself. Not gonna share it til next Tuesday or Wednesday but I’m pretty high on the other Ohio State corner now. Damon Arnette Jr. 

CB Rankings:

1) Jeffery Okudah, by far. 

2) CJ Henderson

3) Trevon Diggs

4) Damon Arnette Jr. 

5) Kristian Fulton

Diggs doesn’t fit our system at all. He’s better for a zone scheme or man coverage on big WRs or TEs. Henderson is an excellent cover corner but he’s extremely non-physical. Won’t tackle much, very thin frame, and not great in press coverage. Excellent coverage though. 

Arnette is our corner if we want one. Physical in the run game, aggressive, very very solid press and man coverage, and good enough speed. 

Fulton should be a pure nickel corner IMO. Although he has potential to be a Top 3 dominant Nickel Corner. His game is similar to AJ Bouye. Fulton gets abused left and right on the outside, even against bad teams. He gets destroyed when he plays off and also not physical enough for these outside WRs. 

I'm bumping this, it should be ready yes?

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm bumping this, it should be ready yes?

The list is just about done but descriptions and evaluations are over-the-top time consuming. I respect places like Draft Network a lot. Unlike very brief summaries like NFL.com, PFF, etc. Although I may have to resort to brief summaries for most of these guys. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The list is just about done but descriptions and evaluations are over-the-top time consuming. I respect places like Draft Network a lot. Unlike very brief summaries like NFL.com, PFF, etc. Although I may have to resort to brief summaries for most of these guys. 

I’m very interested to see this, as well.

can you give me a quick take on Jeff gladney, tcu.

i found his coverage skills to be very good and loved how physical, willing, and active a tackler he is.  His size at 5’11 183? Is a concern though.  I’ve seen him as a late first to mid third.  It’s a pretty deep CB class with not much separating guys 2-10. I’d loooove to get him at 80 or even trade up slightly but I know deep down his going mid 2nd.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Hope this happens. Feels like Jeudy is getting over looked at this point. 

Why do you think he's getting over looked? Pretty good consensus that he's a top 15 pick and 1 or 2 overall at the position depending on who you follow. He's about as polished a WR as you'll find. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why do you think he's getting over looked? Pretty good consensus that he's a top 15 pick and 1 or 2 overall at the position depending on who you follow. He's about as polished a WR as you'll find. 

I say over looked because he should be easily the number 1 WR in this draft. I feel like since he’s been on top so long draft people tend to over think to much. Seen it happen in other years with prospects. 

• Like 3

Here’s a new pick we haven’t seen at 12 😂😂

From Mike Freeman 

12. Raiders: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

If Brady doesn't re-sign with New England, this is where I believe he'll end up.

Coach's take: "What I feel pretty confident about is I'd be stunned if [quarterback] Derek Carr was the starter next season." 

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m very interested to see this, as well.

can you give me a quick take on Jeff gladney, tcu.

i found his coverage skills to be very good and loved how physical, willing, and active a tackler he is.  His size at 5’11 183? Is a concern though.  I’ve seen him as a late first to mid third.  It’s a pretty deep CB class with not much separating guys 2-10. I’d loooove to get him at 80 or even trade up slightly but I know deep down his going mid 2nd.

I’m interesting in hearing others evaluations of Gladney too as he’s  my flag plant guy.  From what I’ve seen, he’s a silky smooth cover guy, willing and able tackler and an extreme workout warrior (reported mid 4.3 40, 600+ squat, 400 bench etc).

i honestly don’t know why he’s not being talked about as an elite CB prospect.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

From Mike Freeman 

If Brady doesn't re-sign with New England, this is where I believe he'll end up.

Coach's take: "What I feel pretty confident about is I'd be stunned if [quarterback] Derek Carr was the starter next season." 

Yeesh.... how does that guy have a job? Raiders have invested heavily in OT and have the position set for the next 4-5 years lol. If they took an OT, most of us would go ahead and head for the exits. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

From Mike Freeman 

Why would the Raiders reach for a tackle at all? Theirs are young and good at the position. If the sign Brady they’d have to add talent at the WR spot and upgrade the defense. Man I’ve forgotten how dumb some mocks can look. 

28 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I’m interesting in hearing others evaluations of Gladney too as he’s  my flag plant guy.  From what I’ve seen, he’s a silky smooth cover guy, willing and able tackler and an extreme workout warrior (reported mid 4.3 40, 600+ squat, 400 bench etc).

i honestly don’t know why he’s not being talked about as an elite CB prospect.

silver and black did a special on him. tired of drafting DBS in the first