2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine.... burning 2 first round picks on similar speed WRs and watching the defense continue to suck for another decade.

Taking 2 WRs in round 1 is so terrible. The depth at this position says as much. I wouldn't be mad if they went defense with both picks and drafted WR later on with the depth there. 

Yea taking 2 WR's in the first would be a bad call imo. Lamb and Jeudy would be fun in theory but we have a lot of needs to take care of.

With that said, I will be pretty disappointed if we don't select at least one WR in the first. I agree there is very impressive depth in this WR corp, but there are only 2 elite prospects then a bunch of good ones. Unless a Simmons/Okudah/Brown type of defender is there at #12, I am expecting us to go Lamb/Jeudy then LB at #19.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine.... burning 2 first round picks on similar speed WRs and watching the defense continue to suck for another decade.

Taking 2 WRs in round 1 is so terrible. The depth at this position says as much. I wouldn't be mad if they went defense with both picks and drafted WR later on with the depth there. 

shootouts every week, it's a passing league. Could fix defense in free agency 

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Depth at WR is so good that it would be a really bad idea to take two in the first. 

Your absolutely right.  I think we should draft WR in round 1 and then 3.... but if we take Lamb or Jeudy at 12 and Ruggs is there at 19... Kinlaw, Epenesa, etc are gone and it’s between Delpit/McKinney or Fulton/Henderson/Diggs or Murray/Queen ,,,, who do you take?

or do you trade down?

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your absolutely right.  I think we should draft WR in round 1 and then 3.... but if we take Lamb or Jeudy at 12 and Ruggs is there at 19... Kinlaw, Epenesa, etc are gone and it’s between Delpit/McKinney or Fulton/Henderson/Diggs or Murray/Queen ,,,, who do you take?

or do you trade down?

Preferably trade down but if we can't or the value sucks I'd go Queen.

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

we won't have a shot him if he beasts out the combine

Maybe That drops Simmons to us. Also some great OT workouts might push Jax to go OT If they sign a LB.

i love the guy but the “he’s so versatile” thing is overblown.  He wasn’t a CB 200 snaps or whatever, he was a SAM that flexed out to cover the slot WR/TE.  He’s a SAM in the nfl, as he was in college, and that isn’t a highly valued position in the draft.  I’ve heard some teams aren’t as hot on him as others are.  I think he’s the guy we need to get.  Even if it’s a trade up to 8 with Ari.  They’re gonna go RT or WR and will be able to grab their 1a or 1b WR or RT dropping back down to 12.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:03 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I’m very interested to see this, as well.

can you give me a quick take on Jeff gladney, tcu.

i found his coverage skills to be very good and loved how physical, willing, and active a tackler he is.  His size at 5’11 183? Is a concern though.  I’ve seen him as a late first to mid third.  It’s a pretty deep CB class with not much separating guys 2-10. I’d loooove to get him at 80 or even trade up slightly but I know deep down his going mid 2nd.

Damon Arnette is a better version of Jeff Gladney. Gladney certainly oozes potential though, silky smooth cover skills, physical, and probably 4.3 speed. Corners are a strange breed and we have no idea who will be the best of this class in reality. One thing that turns me off about Gladney is he could be a penalty machine at the next level. Always grabbing the jersey...

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh if I can’t trade out Jordan love at 12

... Rather that at 19 or trade down from 19 to late 20s and take QB. Then get 2nd back for def or wr whichever we don't take in first. 

24 minutes ago, roi34 said:

... Rather that at 19 or trade down from 19 to late 20s and take QB. Then get 2nd back for def or wr whichever we don't take in first. 

Don’t think he’s making it past the colts also won’t be surprised if Carolina takes him at 7 

I’m thinking 

cinci- joe

mia- tua

sd- Herbert 

last 3 drafts I think qbs only lasted till pick 15 except for Lamar qbs always go fast in round 1