2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Don’t think he’s making it past the colts also won’t be surprised if Carolina takes him at 7 

I’m thinking 

cinci- joe

mia- tua

sd- Herbert 

last 3 drafts I think qbs only lasted till pick 15 except for Lamar qbs always go fast in round 1

He's intriguing but scary to take at 12 with more sure picks are there at WR imo.

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Saw this on Twitter impressive throw.

About a 50 yard throw on a rope 

Very nice throw.. Russel could sling it too. 

Herbert just was hyped for years and underwhelmed a bit. Maybe better pro?

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

Very nice throw.. Russel could sling it too. 

Herbert just was hyped for years and underwhelmed a bit. Maybe better pro?

His problem is he doesn’t have it between the ears. If he get quality coaching he’ll be a force but i can’t see that happening in LA. I’m sure he’ll start off strong when he starts but if he can’t put it together teams will make him look silly. 

Just now, Chali21 said:

His problem is he doesn’t have it between the ears. If he get quality coaching he’ll be a force but i can’t see that happening in LA. I’m sure he’ll start off strong when he starts but if he can’t put it together teams will make him look silly. 

Probably was just coach talk but I remember the Chargers HC really pumping up Tyrod Taylor. Wonder if they start him and sit Herbert for a year.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

He's intriguing but scary to take at 12 with more sure picks are there at WR imo.

Imo joe is scary cause you wonder if he’s a one hit wonder or product of the system with a deep team

tua is scary cause of his injuries 

herbert is scary cause he disappears in big games 

all these qbs have question marks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo joe is scary cause you wonder if he’s a one hit wonder or product of the system with a deep team

I think Mahomes is going to force teams to take these guys earlier than they should. It’s a copy cat league and everyone is going to want their version of him. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Joe looks the part and athletic. Tua worries me more for injuries but talent wise should be ok. Rest for me pass. Love is interesting though outside the bigger names. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

wtf lol

Yeah I saw it here: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/21/tua-tagovailoa-would-choose-to-play-for-cowboys-if-given-the-chance/

Not sure I've ever heard a top 5 QB prospect talk about sitting as much as I have from Tua.  Makes me really wonder about his health and pysche.  Maybe he's just smart enough to know he's not ready. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Damon Arnette is a better version of Jeff Gladney. Gladney certainly oozes potential though, silky smooth cover skills, physical, and probably 4.3 speed. Corners are a strange breed and we have no idea who will be the best of this class in reality. One thing that turns me off about Gladney is he could be a penalty machine at the next level. Always grabbing the jersey...

Yeah I saw the excessive grabbing too, I think that stems from a lack of strength, cuz he’s got the speed to stay with anyone. 

I feel like if Mullens was in this staff he’d be cb2 and getting drafted top 20.  I really like Mullens, hopefully the pi’s drop, which I think they should.  It’s been a long time since we’ve had a CB that actually jumps routes and can make a play.  I was always fearful when the other team was Throwing, but now Mullens has the ability to turn Def to Off.  I think we need another Cb that can do that.

16 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think Mahomes is going to force teams to take these guys earlier than they should. It’s a copy cat league and everyone is going to want their version of him. 

I was looking at qb draft classes imagine how stupid the bears feel for trading up from Mitch ignoring mahomes and the hou qb forgot his name just now

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was looking at qb draft classes imagine how stupid the bears feel for trading up from Mitch ignoring mahomes and the hou qb forgot his name just now

Yeah that hurts... and it wasn’t like Mitch was this STUD he had just as many questions as the others.  But he has the Daniel Jones “look what he did with nothing” and the Bears bought it.

mitch did have some good stretches, I mean I was scared we’d be picking in the late 20s at one point,,,, but then he had games where I was like omg we’re going to get a top 10 pick

if Reggie has any foresight and negotiation skills Mack would be a Jet and we’d have Williams last year and #10 this year.  I don’t think Mack gets them any more wins with how pathetic they’ve been

Edited by jimkelly02