2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Walter Football... come on bro. Last time I even visited that PoS site was like 6 years ago. Walter is the biggest scam artist in football and also terrible and lazy takes. Only one on that site worth a damn is Charlie Campbell, and even he leaves a lot to be desired. 

Yeah, Walter football is terrible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Walter Football... come on bro. Last time I even visited that PoS site was like 6 years ago. Walter is the biggest scam artist in football and also terrible and lazy takes. Only one on that site worth a damn is Charlie Campbell, and even he leaves a lot to be desired. 

it was a poll taken from league people.

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I like Kinlaw as a prospect, and I actually like him more than Brown, but I don't think I'd take him over Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs if it came down to it.

I 've said it before, but I simply don't view DT as a pressing need on a team full of pressing needs. Besides, I don't think he'd be an immediate starter as he is a bit unpolished as an early-down player. That said, he easily has Fletcher Cox upside.

This team critically needs a pass rusher from the inside and i would say that is a pressing need.  We clearly need help and depth at the WR position too but I feel like WR depth can be had in the later rounds.  

I haven't watched much film on Kinlaw but from what I have read he is a penetrating 3T with tremendous strength and ability to get after the QB.  That is a major need along this Dline.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Jordan-Love-Voted-Most-Overrated-Prospect

Utah State quarterback Jordan Love received the most votes as the most overrated prospect for the 2020 NFL Draft. Here's the vote tally:

• Utah State quarterback Jordan Love - 6 votes
  • LSU cornerback Kristian Fulton - 5 votes
  • LSU safety Grant Delpit - 4 votes
  • Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert - 2 votes
  • LSU quarterback Joe Burrow - 2 votes
  • Houston offensive tackle Josh Jones - 1 vote
  • Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa - 1 vote
  • Utah defensive end Bradley Anae - 1 vote

Jordan Love will be overdrafted mainly due to his position. But I think he is worth a high 2nd round pick. 

Justin Herbert is the most overrated prospect in this class period. He is a virtual lock to be drafted in the top 10. But I wouldn't touch his inaccurate introverted azz until the 3rd round. I don't get what NFL scouts see in him. 

1 hour ago, Steins Gate said:

Jordan Love will be overdrafted mainly due to his position. But I think he is worth a high 2nd round pick. 

Justin Herbert is the most overrated prospect in this class period. He is a virtual lock to be drafted in the top 10. But I wouldn't touch his inaccurate introverted azz until the 3rd round. I don't get what NFL scouts see in him. 

Well I certainly agree with your last paragraph. Justin Herbert is massively overrated. One of the most overrated prospects in the past several years when it comes to value. I have him as a Late 2nd Round Graded Prospect. Although I disagree he’ll go Top 10, perhaps Chargers sign a FA QB and Herbert falls to a team like TB. We’ll see. Draft will be fun. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

I agree with the Herbert take but Love has more potential he is being overrated a little but he is certainly better than what we have

5 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

I think that a team that has a clear need at the position could do worse than drafting Love in the top 10. I do think the media narrative of him overrates him egregiously. He gets compared to Mahomes despite sharing very little on-field DNA with him. To me, the comp is clear: he's Jameis Winston. He has an above-average arm (nothing near a great or elite arm), he doesn't see underneath coverage, and he is a good athlete at the position but isn't going to make linebackers miss in the open field. Funnily enough, as a passer, I think he sees the field like Derek Carr. He needs to be in a vertical offense to get the best out of him. You don't want him trying to layer throws in between coverage; that's one of the reasons why I don't think he's a great fit in Las Vegas.

In the case of the Raiders, I don't really see a scenario where they would pick him--playstyle aside--considering they don't have an obvious need at the position and the team has pressing needs elsewhere. Further, the Raiders don't have a second-round pick to move up if he ends up in the later first, early second range.

Herbert I simply don't see a future NFL starter; he's inaccurate on swing passes. That said, he is more athletic than Love and maybe he somehow carves out a Josh Allen-type role--which I still find dubious for long-term success.

• Like 1

I think teams fall in love with measurables. Both Love and Herbert have big time arms and athleticism, we’ve heard this story before with coaches believing that they can maximize the talents these guys have. This is going to be especially true this year with Mahomes winning a super bowl, every coach that needs a QB is going to try to reproduce What KC did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Herbert lucky Josh Allen had a good year. It’s a copycat league, teams probably see another big , athletic, Gannon arm qb

Gannon arm QB?

Herbert was a projected top 10 pick last year. He's got all the tools you want to develop. Josh Allen helped him 0% 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gannon arm QB?

Herbert was a projected top 10 pick last year. He's got all the tools you want to develop. Josh Allen helped him 0% 

this...I think he`ll be fine in this league, and im ok being in the minority on him. time will tell on him and love. like I said earlier im kinda expecting someone like Gordon anytime after the 3rd rnd. unless somehow someone like fromm or eason is available in the 3rd. with the first 5 picks I honestly hope for at least 3 on the defensive side , 2 wrs. then find a backup qb and rb later and maybe a guard if we do some moving to aquire a 5th or 6th rounder.