2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I forgot @BayRaider is a super scout whose youtube watching makes him wayyyy more qualified then everyone else: I’ll cancel my other subscriptions.... how much would the honor of seeing your “watch the” YouTube highlight “tapes”’ cost?

Narrative. Again.

Never said I was more qualified than anyone. You are the one who took a problem with my take on Fulton, when it's an opinion. Go back and read if you don’t think this is what happened. You getting sensitive, over an opinion, again. That’s what happened. 

You claimed "compared to the experts" when you have no access to expert rankings. PFF is not expert rankings.

So obsessed with me. Laughable. What's the next quote gonna be? Another sensitive rant, along with narrative twisting, wahhh wahhhh wahhh.

Edited by BayRaider

This guy has surpassed Kollman for me. I use to love Kollman back when he had like 80k subscribers. Now he’s super click baity with some pretty bad takes since he’s reeling in the $$$ with 240k subscribers. 

Might happen to Rollins as well as he gets more popular. Money ruins everyone. However, enjoy while it last!

Great breakdown/video. Jeudy is still my WR1 and a Blue Chip Prospect in this draft. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

So obsessed with me. Laughable. What's the next quote gonna be? Another sensitive rant, along with narrative twisting, wahhh wahhhh wahhh.

Your right, your right...: can I just get a copy of your draft guide sbd can you sign it “to my number one fan”

Why isn't a trade for Jamal Adams still a possibility?  He was being (rumored) shopped at the trade deadline.  If you want to make a splash for Vegas, why couldn't that be it? 

Trade 19 to the Jets? 

• Like 1

Saw goldfish post this in the draft section:

While I would say Jeudy easily runs routes most effectively in this class, Henry Ruggs III surprisingly runs the most “diverse” route tree.

Edited by BayRaider

As suspected, Aiyuk with the most yards on the post route. He is borderline unstoppable on that 10 yard Skinny Post. 

Also, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III are by far the two mostly deadly WRs of the class in the Slant Route and Go Route. Seems whatever Jeudy does, Ruggs isn’t too far behind actually. 

Tuls from Draft Network on Jaylon Johnson:

“Vertical Matching: Has the athleticism to match up with anybody. Possesses excellent speed to stay on top of WR’s route downfield. Needs to improve his technique in avoiding getting stacked. 

Mirror & Close: Reactionary quickness is elite. Footwork is well coordinated with his eyes. Seamlessly stays on hip pocket of WR in and out of route breaks. Hip fluidity is easily recognizable.

Ball Skills: Has a playmaker’s mindset. Comfortable playing w/back to the ball. Easily tracks over shoulder and is a consistent finisher at the catch point. Needs to get stronger to avoid box outs by bigger WRs.

Route Recognition: Quick eyes and mental trigger in off man coverage. Plays with no hesitation in his click and close. Guesses often to try and make a play; makes him susceptible to double moves.

Length/Physicality: Just average arm length, and it works to his detriment at the point of attack. Competitive toughness is unquestioned. Not afraid to get in the face of WRs. Plays a physical brand of football at LOS. 

LOS Discipline: Good patience and timing with his punch and mirror in press man. Trusts his feet to recover and would rather mirror than grab. Stays on balance in the wide receiver’s release with a good, solid base.

Zone Coverage: Opportunistic eyes and often watches backfield action instead of getting in right position. Has the range to close windows instantly, baiting QBs in Cover 2 to break on the flat for an INT or PBU.

Run Support: Fights hard to get off blocks and reach the point of attack. Fearlessly closes on the ball looking to bring the wood. Needs to change speeds better as a tackler, but the toughness and drive is there.

Versatility: Played mostly outside in college, but he has the foot quickness and eye discipline at the LOS to play inside with the two-way go. Has the physicality and tackling reliability to be a primary run defender as well.

Durability: Missed only one career game (2018), but has had two offseason shoulder surgeries that need to be monitored in the pre-draft process and Combine rechecks. Undergoing third shoulder surgery after Combine.

NFL Comparison: Vontae Davis

Best Trait: Mirror & Match

Worst Trait: Getting Boxed Out

Overview: Sudden athlete with high ceiling as a lockdown CB. Sticky on the hip pocket and doesn’t lack confidence or aggressiveness. Average size/length hurts his ability to contest every catch point but he is scheme flexible & best in press man on the boundary.“

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tuls from Draft Network on Jaylon Johnson:

“Vertical Matching: Has the athleticism to match up with anybody. Possesses excellent speed to stay on top of WR’s route downfield. Needs to improve his technique in avoiding getting stacked. 

Mirror & Close: Reactionary quickness is elite. Footwork is well coordinated with his eyes. Seamlessly stays on hip pocket of WR in and out of route breaks. Hip fluidity is easily recognizable.

Ball Skills: Has a playmaker’s mindset. Comfortable playing w/back to the ball. Easily tracks over shoulder and is a consistent finisher at the catch point. Needs to get stronger to avoid box outs by bigger WRs.

Route Recognition: Quick eyes and mental trigger in off man coverage. Plays with no hesitation in his click and close. Guesses often to try and make a play; makes him susceptible to double moves.

Length/Physicality: Just average arm length, and it works to his detriment at the point of attack. Competitive toughness is unquestioned. Not afraid to get in the face of WRs. Plays a physical brand of football at LOS. 

LOS Discipline: Good patience and timing with his punch and mirror in press man. Trusts his feet to recover and would rather mirror than grab. Stays on balance in the wide receiver’s release with a good, solid base.

Zone Coverage: Opportunistic eyes and often watches backfield action instead of getting in right position. Has the range to close windows instantly, baiting QBs in Cover 2 to break on the flat for an INT or PBU.

Run Support: Fights hard to get off blocks and reach the point of attack. Fearlessly closes on the ball looking to bring the wood. Needs to change speeds better as a tackler, but the toughness and drive is there.

Versatility: Played mostly outside in college, but he has the foot quickness and eye discipline at the LOS to play inside with the two-way go. Has the physicality and tackling reliability to be a primary run defender as well.

Durability: Missed only one career game (2018), but has had two offseason shoulder surgeries that need to be monitored in the pre-draft process and Combine rechecks. Undergoing third shoulder surgery after Combine.

NFL Comparison: Vontae Davis

Best Trait: Mirror & Match

Worst Trait: Getting Boxed Out

Overview: Sudden athlete with high ceiling as a lockdown CB. Sticky on the hip pocket and doesn’t lack confidence or aggressiveness. Average size/length hurts his ability to contest every catch point but he is scheme flexible & best in press man on the boundary.“

He certainly checks all the boxes. Him and Terrell are my CB fits if we go there at 19. Of course I like Fulton, but no idea if MM and JG will.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree, except I don't think raiders get a DT in first. Simmons is too good to pass because of talent and versatility. JO being best cb and need is obvious pick too. Besides those 2, think WR it is even over brown. 

Ok, so who's this years Terry McLaurin? I'm sure a few guys are going to slip through the cracks at WR with such a deep class and go in the third round only to have a huge impact and outplay a few of the top guys.

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Ok, so who's this years Terry McLaurin? I'm sure a few guys are going to slip through the cracks at WR with such a deep class and go in the third round only to have a huge impact and outplay a few of the top guys.

Probably nobody. I was pounding the table for McLaurin in the 3rd last year and thought he’d be one of the best WR’s of the class, if not the best. 

This year I don’t see a WR like that projected in the 3rd Round. Reagor could drop to the 3rd but I’m very, very low on him. 

Late 2nd Round I think Chase Claypool could be an absolute stud, but he likely won’t fall to the 3rd. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Probably nobody. I was pounding the table for McLaurin in the 3rd last year and thought he’d be one of the best WR’s of the class, if not the best. 

This year I don’t see a WR like that projected in the 3rd Round. Reagor could drop to the 3rd but I’m very, very low on him. 

Late 2nd Round I think Chase Claypool could be an absolute stud, but he likely won’t fall to the 3rd. 

What do you think of Bryan Edwards and Peoples-Jones, I think they could really outplay their draft stock. A few weeks ago I did think Mims but he's since shot up draft boards and wouldn't be surprised if he sneeks into the end of round 1 or top if round 2.

Edited by Darbsk