2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

I'd imagine most high profile, skill position players at major programs could be described as a partier. The NFL is full of dudes that party. I think the Vegas angel is overblown. Guys in every NFL city could get in trouble with the liquor, drugs, and girls. Vegas might be slightly easier. 

I also don't think its fair to knock a guy for it if it hasn't caused him legal trouble, problems in the locker room, or effected his ability to preform on the field. None of those apply to Lamb. And I haven't even heard the heavy party reports from a bunch of sources. I first saw it on Walterfootball but it's not something I've heard a bunch of other media members mention. 

I'm a nobody and I had big eyes and a smile so was shown to an elevator that went to another part of a club. (Rio long ago) Kind of reminded me of a Seinfeld episode when George found the models club that moved around. Also been big eyes and a smile drug into the bathrooms by a hottie but security caught us. (Ra @ Luxor) Was at the strip club called the Library and she had me out in her hand and I was about to be mounted when security broke it up. I had no money and a friend bought me a 2 for 1. LOL (Made her exgf jealous and wasn't allowed to chat with either after that) Projectile vomited in the Bellagio pool bathroom because I shouldn't have 'mixed' that with that...I'm an average guy who can blend in or stick out depending on my mood. I'm not the wild child but have no problems with people enjoying themselves but Vegas is totally another level. I did all this years ago and it's not become more mellow though I have.  ;)  Now if I can have that life without even trying, imagine a newly minted millionaire getting VIP treatment, comps in a city that prides itself on excess and 'entertaining the world'

I think Vegas 'party' is seriously underestimated but what do I know except for what I've experienced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G said:

I'm a nobody and I had big eyes and a smile so was shown to an elevator that went to another part of a club. (Rio long ago) Kind of reminded me of a Seinfeld episode when George found the models club that moved around. Also been big eyes and a smile drug into the bathrooms by a hottie but security caught us. (Ra @ Luxor) Was at the strip club called the Library and she had me out in her hand and I was about to be mounted when security broke it up. I had no money and a friend bought me a 2 for 1. LOL (Made her exgf jealous and wasn't allowed to chat with either after that) Projectile vomited in the Bellagio pool bathroom because I shouldn't have 'mixed' that with that...I'm an average guy who can blend in or stick out depending on my mood. I'm not the wild child but have no problems with people enjoying themselves but Vegas is totally another level. I did all this years ago and it's not become more mellow though I have.  ;)  Now if I can have that life without even trying, imagine a newly minted millionaire getting VIP treatment, comps in a city that prides itself on excess and 'entertaining the world'

I think Vegas 'party' is seriously underestimated but what do I know except for what I've experienced.

You don't think millionaires in any major metropolitan area could get their hands on just about anything they want party wise? I assure you they can. 

I've been to Vegas, multiple times. I know how wild it can be, it may be more wild than other cities, I just dont think it's so much so that a guy that's hell bent on ruining his career and a future with even more millions of dollars and fame would only be able to do that in Vegas. 

If I squint really, really tight I see...

Jeudy is the greatest show on turf. Bruce and Holts love child. LOL Jeudy was top 5 pick projected at this time last year and he didn't 'drop off' as much as the other Bama WR's shined. Still great stats for 4 1st round picks at the position over the next 2 drafts.

Ruggs I think will be better than Hill as an overall WR. DeSean Jackson without the drama/affiliations/conflicts. A crisper route runner, better hands and probably would have been there at 19 but combine has moved him up.

Lamb is a wiry Michael Irvin. Got that fight on the field and maybe similar party life off of it. As long as he keeps it in check during season so he's not tested all the time then all good. 

Trading up...Using 'draft value chart, won't 'reach'

I think #5 is the sweet spot to trade up if Miami trades up for Tua. Burrow, Tua, Young all gone before 4 if that's Miami's play. Trade 12/19 for #5 and a 2nd and take Simmons or Okudah with the 2nd take a WR or CB/S if we took Simmons @5. 

#8 for a 3rd (81) and our 5th to jump Jags, Browns, Jets for 'our guy' which is what I think will happen. Zona has a lot of directions/needs and #12 with the extra picks might be worth it for them. This trade would be most desirable.

Trade down...12 is too valuable but for better than 'value chart' I'd down with it. Especially adding 2021 ammo. I like the top 3 WR's but 19 will probably get us our pick of any other WR if we don't TRADE DOWN AGAIN...

Indy wanting a QB as I love 34/44/75,

Pittsburg wanting a QB for #49, 1st in 2021 and more to be discussed if it's #12 and we're getting multiple offers. Fitzpatrick and our 91?!? How bad do you want your QB?!?

I 'OCD'd' a bunch of teams so won't bore you all again here but those are nice as is Cough's trade with Seattle. Lots of options and I'm sure teams are asking how much to trade in/out of their spots as we speak.  :D

Edited by G
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

You don't think millionaires in any major metropolitan area could get their hands on just about anything they want party wise? I assure you they can. 

I've been to Vegas, multiple times. I know how wild it can be, it may be more wild than other cities, I just dont think it's so much so that a guy that's hell bent on ruining his career and a future with even more millions of dollars and fame would only be able to do that in Vegas. 

That's why he's 3rd because of a tiny rumor. Don't hear that with any of the other guys 'yet' As Tunsil shakes his head. Friends and family 'slipping' is where these rumors sometimes come from. I'd still be happy with Lamb but would take the other two ahead of him just because a rumor slipped out from somewhere at the wrong time. Love was a 3rd rounder in my mind before his 'slip' which is documented. Seeing him moving up just would just be GM's 'slipping' on drafting potential over results and known facts. Lamb is just rumors and why I'd still take him in the first. If it became a fact he'd slip a round for me just like injured players do. It's not personal as I mentioned my own 'pleasures' but the NFL is business and business decisions. Hence why CB's that don't tackle can slip another way like Greedy. 

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Absolutely bro..... back in the day I could Find trouble where ever I went.  Didn’t matter one bit. 
It’s not like the players are living in hotels on the strip... their Gonna be living in boring suburb towns in the desert.  

Id say Miami is probably the only city thats legitimate a troublemaking area.  Florida is wild man I could tell you stories for days.... weeks even.  We use to score 150k in oxy and backpacks of guns... sometimes from cops back in the early 2010s. There ain’t a self destructive device that doesn’t exist in Miami.

I enjoyed a club called Chilli Peppers in Fort Lauderdale back in the day. Big eyes and a smile seemed to be welcomed. LOL

9 minutes ago, G said:

That's why he's 3rd because of a tiny rumor. Don't hear that with any of the other guys 'yet' As Tunsil shakes his head. Friends and family 'slipping' is where these rumors sometimes come from. I'd still be happy with Lamb but would take the other two ahead of him just because a rumor slipped out from somewhere at the wrong time. Love was a 3rd rounder in my mind before his 'slip' which is documented. Seeing him moving up just would just be GM's 'slipping' on drafting potential over results and known facts. Lamb is just rumors and why I'd still take him in the first. If it became a fact he'd slip a round for me just like injured players do. It's not personal as I mentioned my own 'pleasures' but the NFL is business and business decisions. Hence why CB's that don't tackle can slip another way like Greedy. 

A rumor was also put out about Dan Marino having a drug problem.

I trust very little when it comes to "slips" and rumors around draft time, especially when there's no evidence to back it up. This is a different conversation if Lamb had arrests or suspensions or was benched because of partying causing on field or locker room problems. That isn't the case. 

You can't judge athletes and their impact on the field based off of one site reporting rumblings. Frankly I don't care if my NFL wide receiver likes to party. If he's smart, isn't breaking the law, and he shows up and dominates he can do whatever he likes. You dont think that the majority of NFL wide receivers do their fair share of partying?

1 minute ago, Mr Raider said:

A rumor was also put out about Dan Marino having a drug problem.

I trust very little when it comes to "slips" and rumors around draft time, especially when there's no evidence to back it up. This is a different conversation if Lamb had arrests or suspensions or was benched because of partying causing on field or locker room problems. That isn't the case. 

You can't judge athletes and their impact on the field based off of one site reporting rumblings. Frankly I don't care if my NFL wide receiver likes to party. If he's smart, isn't breaking the law, and he shows up and dominates he can do whatever he likes. You dont think that the majority of NFL wide receivers do their fair share of partying?

Marino is a perfect example of slipping on draft day. Wish Al wasn't distracted and got him instead on Don Mosebar.

I agree with you just saying it's that little bit that puts him behind Jeudy and Ruggs for me. His expected slower 40 had him there but he ran well enough but nothing I've seen moves him 'up' To me it's 1a/ 1b/1c and CeeDee is 1c but I like the guy. 'Partying' that I'm worried about is not legal and I don't care if he does that as long as he's as you say...'smart' about it. Know when to party and when to not. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Miami and Florida on the whole is a terrifying place if you want to find trouble. Such a diverse city, coastal town with more drugs, money back alley BS than you could care to find. Another example of a place that make Vegas look mild.

The difference with Miami and Vegas is like going to college at SDSU or Chico. Both are party schools but one doesn't have much else than partying. LOL

Alton Robinson seems like the type of edge prospect Mayock would like in the third/fourth. 

Alton Robinson 

Height: 6’3” (39th percentile) 

Weight: 264 (21st percentile) 

Arm length: 32 3/8” (30th percentile) 

40 time: 4.69 (90th percentile) 

Vertical: 35.5” (88th percentile) 

Broad jump: 119” (84th percentile) 

3-cone drill: 7.32 (61st percentile) 

20-yard shuttle: 4.32 (84th percentile) 

Edited by NYRaider

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nick Bosa withdrew from school and sat out the final few games of his college career in order to prepare for the draft. He looked pretty good last season for the 49ers. At the end of the day protecting your health at the collegiate level is extremely important. Look at someone like Marcus Lattimore, he was projected to be a top 15 pick, tore his knee up twice and ruined his chance at a professional career. 

I did say I get it, no doubt money is important. 

Vic mock draft 

12. Henry Ruggs III WR

19. Trade 19 for pick 25 and 58

25. AJ Terrell CB

58. Kyle Dugger Safety

80. Jalen Hurts QB

81. Raiders send to Vikings in deal for 25 and 58

90. AJ Dillion RB

I can get behind this Dugger would be awesome for this defense. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not using pick 12 for a decoy personally. I want a WR who I can say this is that dude on offense and will take a game over when the time comes.

That’s what I was getting at when asking the merits of drafting Ruggs.  I just don’t see a guy whose gonna get 85-100 catch, 13-15yds per Rec.  I see a 50-60 catch, 15-16yds per.  I don’t want a decoy and complementary WR.  I want a Alpha-go to, high target guy.  If it’s 3rd and 8, down 6 in 4th quarter I want Lamb as my target not Ruggs.  
And does anyone really see Carr and Gruden bombing it deal if we had Ruggs? I don’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G said:

I enjoyed a club called Chilli Peppers in Fort Lauderdale back in the day. Big eyes and a smile seemed to be welcomed. LOL

Lol, I never heard of CP but Fort Lauderdale is my spot.  I use to have 5-10 doctors in that city alone.  I’d love to move down their permanently once off paper.  I’d go down there for a week at a time, 1-2x a month back in the day.  Really good times I adore that place.  Ugh i miss it!

• Like 1