2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to finish my opinion on Chaisson at 12 like you asked but I don’t like it in short.

Reason: our defense is now serviceable.  Needs upgrades but we can be respectable into there.  Our offense isn’t.  We’ll struggle without a starter at WR.  We can spend this years 12/19 and next years 1st+2nd all we want a build a real solid defense.  But if we struggle to put up 20 let alone 30 we ain’t beating KC.

Is our D serviceable?  I'm not so convinced it is.

Our current Cb's are not good, our pass rush last season was bottom 3 and have we really improved enough to push us out of the bottom 5 again this offeseason?  While we have improved our LB's but Kwik is hardly a proven commodity and our remaining LB spot is a major weakness.  We could move Chaission all over and line him up at DE or LB to get after the passer.  We are missing a chess piece like that on this roster and being able to harass opposing QB's is critical to the success of this team. Our interior pass rush has been non existent with Hurst and Hall proving to be nothing more than rotational players.   Collins has upside potential but is far from a proven commodity.

@jimkelly02 I'm fascinated by your name as you are clearly a Raider fan.   

I've come to the conclusion that your name refers to one of 3 things.  

You were a fan of Bills QB Jim Kelly, your name is actually Jim Kelly or you are a huge fan of old school karate flicks like Enter the Dragon where one of the stars was named Jim Kelly... Yeah this guy LOL

KELLY-obit-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&a

Yes I’m familiar with James Kelly the black kungfu master.  He’s okay I guess but not a fan.  I also hate Jim Kelly from The Bills... my whole childhood people asked if that’s my dad cuz im a junior.  
Nope that’s just my name.  If I had to create a screen name I don’t think I’d be able to lol... im so I uncreative.  
just Jimkelly02 cuz that’s my name and high school class year.  I had jimkelly on the old board I think but when I came home from prison I forgot my password.  Plus I needed a brand new fresh start lol. Hence jimkelly02 

• Like 1

Just took Mayock’s lack of excitement for 1st round WRs to heart and did a mock on TDN where i traded out of the first round completely. Board fell terribly at 12 and 19. Here’s what I ended up with and honestly I really like it. 

2.34 - AJ Epenesa, DL

2.39 - Laviska Shenault, WR

2.44 - Jaylon Johnson, CB 

2.56 - Josh Uche, LB/Edge

3.80 - Darnay Holmes, CB

3.81 - Cam Akers, RB

3.91 - Van Jefferson, WR

5.159 - Shaquille Quarterman, LB

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How would you guys feel about Chaisson at 12, best Cb on the board at 19 and packaging 2 of our 3 3rd's to move back up into the middle/ end of the 2nd to target the best WR on the board?

I dont dislike the approach but I dont think it matches up well with how the roster is currently constructed. Theres been a lot of draft capital spent at DE with Ferrell and Crosby and a sizeable FA commitment via Nassib. Only so many DE snaps to go around. Hard to justify spending a 1st round pick.

And personally 12 is a bit high for Chaisson imo. 

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Just took Mayock’s lack of excitement for 1st round WRs to heart and did a mock on TDN where i traded out of the first round completely. Board fell terribly at 12 and 19. Here’s what I ended up with and honestly I really like it. 

2.34 - AJ Epenesa, DL

2.39 - Laviska Shenault, WR

2.44 - Jaylon Johnson, CB 

2.56 - Josh Uche, LB/Edge

3.80 - Darnay Holmes, CB

3.81 - Cam Akers, RB

3.91 - Van Jefferson, WR

5.159 - Shaquille Quarterman, LB

I like the trades and the idea.  Just not a huge fan of some of the picks.  I don’t love Uche...(Okwara!!!) and Shenault (I think he falls to the late 2nd to third.... no medical checks to for teams to check out ... Daniel Jeremiah said in a podcast that guys with medical issues are gonna be dropping a bit... it’ll be a big thing) 

Love Akers and Johnson. Quarterman in the fifth is a real nice pick.  He can smash people and blitz.  

My only issue is I just don’t like some of the guys... but I’d love have all this happen if I could swap out a few people.  But hey that’s why it’s your mock and not mine lol 

nice

I think I’m gonna Amazon a new TV and set of drinking glasses before the draft.  I just have a feeling I’ll be breaking something this year.  Even wiTh Mayock i feel we’re gonna be disappointed.  But if he does pull out some moves and we hit nice he’s the GOAT.

38 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I dont dislike the approach but I dont think it matches up well with how the roster is currently constructed. Theres been a lot of draft capital spent at DE with Ferrell and Crosby and a sizeable FA commitment via Nassib. Only so many DE snaps to go around. Hard to justify spending a 1st round pick.

And personally 12 is a bit high for Chaisson imo. 

I wouldn't say we have spent a lot of capital on DE's.  Ferrell yes, as he was the 4th overall pick but Maxx was a 4th rounder who turned out to be a gem, Nassib is a rotational piece who is hardly a pass rushing dynamo and beyond that we have nothing.  When not lined up with his hand in the dirt a player like Chassion can rush from the LB position and is versatile enough to drop into coverage.  Trust me we will find a way to have him contribute in a major way.

My point is that we need to get after the passer much better than we did last season as that is still a major hole on this roster.  If either Maxx or Ferrell get injured we will be once again bottom 3 in terms of sacks and that is unacceptable if we want to contend in the AFC West.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@jimkelly02 I'm fascinated by your name as you are clearly a Raider fan.   

I've come to the conclusion that your name refers to one of 3 things.  

You were a fan of Bills QB Jim Kelly, your name is actually Jim Kelly or you are a huge fan of old school karate flicks like Enter the Dragon where one of the stars was named Jim Kelly... Yeah this guy LOL

KELLY-obit-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&a

Bushido Brown - GIF on Imgur

• Like 1