2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The idea of potentially having Grant Delpit and Jonathan Abram in the backend of our defense for the next ten years makes me salivate. 

Another safety in first? I can't..

DE/WR/Lb needed more. Usually more safties avail in FA too

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The idea of potentially having Grant Delpit and Jonathan Abram in the backend of our defense for the next ten years makes me salivate. 

Abram needs to show he can cover. Hitting is great, but if he can't lock up on TEs in this division, he's just another box safety.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Abram needs to show he can cover. Hitting is great, but if he can't lock up on TEs in this division, he's just another box safety.

Agreed. I have faith that Abram will improve but he was definitely over-drafted. That's what really worries me about Gruden going forward, almost every early pick that we've made with him at the helm has been an overdraft. We've had 8 picks in the top 3 rounds the last two years and you can make a strong case that 5 of them we got bad value at the pick. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. I have faith that Abram will improve but he was definitely over-drafted. That's what really worries me about Gruden going forward, almost every early pick that we've made with him at the helm has been an overdraft. We've had 8 picks in the top 3 rounds the last two years and you can make a strong case that 5 of them we got bad value at the pick. 

We'd be better off trading down and trading down and trading for next year picks because we will be rebuilding every year under Gruden.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jeudy is the real deal, but I don't think we're in a position to spend a top 10 pick on a WR. 

I think you can afford to pick Jeudy early.  But you also cannot forget about OL and defense in the draft.  There's spots we have to fill, sure.  But getting a shot at a potential true number one wideout... You have to do that.  

The amount of doom and gloom is rediculous. This was always going to be a long build. Antonio Brown wasn’t going to change that. Free Agency wasn’t going to change it. The only thing that would is drafting well and i believe in Mayock. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Totty said:

I think you can afford to pick Jeudy early.  But you also cannot forget about OL and defense in the draft.  There's spots we have to fill, sure.  But getting a shot at a potential true number one wideout... You have to do that. 

Considering that we'll probably need another pass rusher, QB, and potentially an OT depending on how Kolton Miller plays. Not to mention we also desperately need a good LB and we could use another safety too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The amount of doom and gloom is rediculous. This was always going to be a long build. Antonio Brown wasn’t going to change that. Free Agency wasn’t going to change it. The only thing that would is drafting well and i believe in Mayock. 

I do agree we need to calm down and realize this was a long rebuild to begin with. I didn’t think we were making the playoffs til 2021 minimum. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Considering that we'll probably need another pass rusher, QB, and potentially an OT depending on how Kolton Miller plays. Not to mention we also desperately need a good LB and we could use another safety too. 

I'm not sold we need a new QB.  Don't forget about free agency.  Trent can play LT depending on Kolton.  DE I completely agree with.  I'm banging  the table for a guy who I think is the next SUPERSTAR at WR. 

• Like 1