2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

The cost to trade up for Burrow would be astronomical and Cincy still may not want to budge. Getting Burrow still wouldn't fix the big problems on this team. 

I feel good about the direction of this team. The holes are a lot more fixable this upcoming year with cap/picks. Whitehead and Joyner's release will provide a nice 13-16 mil IIRC, which can be used for another player.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The cost to trade up for Burrow would be astronomical and Cincy still may not want to budge. Getting Burrow still wouldn't fix the big problems on this team. 

I feel good about the direction of this team. The holes are a lot more fixable this upcoming year with cap/picks. Whitehead and Joyner's release will provide a nice 13-16 mil IIRC, which can be used for another player.

Call me pessimistic. The players have change, the coaches have changed but the Raiders have been a mess on defense since for over a decade.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Call me pessimistic. The players have change, the coaches have changed but the Raiders have been a mess on defense since for over a decade.

Don't disagree. But Mayock showed that at least initially, he can hit on defensive picks in rounds 2-4, rounds we have struggled horrendously in over the better part of 10 years. 

He called it last year. We're a 4-12 team. Gotta start from somewhere. The good news is, he doesn't seem to be into taking project players with a high bust rate. Instead, he's focusing on getting players who fit the scheme, have character, and can play right away. High floor picks is the patriot way. It's how their defense has become so good. No weaknesses>>>> a few elite players in a unit (e.g. Rams).

Those 5 top 100 picks are gonna be gold in terms of getting starters and future starters right away. So will that 4th rounder. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's pretty amazing how bad our defense has been. Going all the way back to like 2007, Khalil Mack is the only player we've had to put up 10+ sacks in a season. 

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If it were just Gruden at the helm I would be right there with you. However with MM leading the draft charge, I'm pretty excited about our future.

• Like 2

I will call it now that he declared. If Gruden falls in love with any QB not named Burrow. It will be Jordan Love. Gruden gushes over Mahomes any chance he gets. He has to face Mahomes two times a year. Love is not Mahomes, but not a lot of people thought this is what Mahomes would look like either. Love has elite arm talent and has good enough mobility to escape the pocket and by time. He had a rough year this year he had to deal with a coaching change and didn't have the year like he did in 2018. He is not pro-ready. This is a pick him and stash him for the year or for 90 percent of the year. Much like Andy Reid did with Mahomes. 

I cannot wait to see how he does at the Senior Bowl and how he handles the draft process. Big fan of his. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I will call it now that he declared. If Gruden falls in love with any QB not named Burrow. It will be Jordan Love. Gruden gushes over Mahomes any chance he gets. He has to face Mahomes two times a year. Love is not Mahomes, but not a lot of people thought this is what Mahomes would look like either. Love has elite arm talent and has good enough mobility to escape the pocket and by time. He had a rough year this year he had to deal with a coaching change and didn't have the year like he did in 2018. He is not pro-ready. This is a pick him and stash him for the year or for 90 percent of the year. Much like Andy Reid did with Mahomes. 

I cannot wait to see how he does at the Senior Bowl and how he handles the draft process. Big fan of his. 

I agree. Said this a while back too. Love's 17 to 16 INT ratio made an odd choice to leave early. But playing at USU isn't going to give you much to improve on. He'd be a perfect guy to sit and learn. His upside potential is great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. Said this a while back too. Love's 17 to 16 INT ratio made an odd choice to leave early. But playing at USU isn't going to give you much to improve on. He'd be a perfect guy to sit and learn. His upside potential is great.

Lol he’s also a valley guy. If he somehow replaced Carr this whole thing would be...ironic. 

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Pat Mahomes:

2016 Texas Tech Big 12 JR QB 12 388 591 65.7 5052 8.5 9.2 41 10 157.0

Jordan Love:

2019 Utah State MWC JR QB 12 263 434 60.6 3085 7.1 6.2 17 16 125.9

Just throwing these out there for conversation.  I haven't watched him play so I turned to the stats and I'm not impressed with them at all.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Pat Mahomes:

2016 Texas Tech Big 12 JR QB 12 388 591 65.7 5052 8.5 9.2 41 10 157.0

Jordan Love:

2019 Utah State MWC JR QB 12 263 434 60.6 3085 7.1 6.2 17 16 125.9

Just throwing these out there for conversation.  I haven't watched him play so I turned to the stats and I'm not impressed with them at all.

Like I said he didn’t have a great year this year. A lot of that had to do with a coaching change. You can’t judge him on those stats. With a QB like Love you have to look at his traits and look his games and look for the NFL type of throws and he made plenty of NFL throws where his arm talent just jumps off the screen.

I used Mahomes name as a reference because Gruden gushes over him and you would be crazy to not think Gruden doesn’t sit back and say He doesn’t want a QB with that type of ability. Love has that raw ability. 

Watch him at the senior bowl

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

His main cause of his picks is throwing it to his first read. I’m not sure if it’s the change of offense that makes him read the defense more this year? Other than that though I like what he has to offer. I wouldn’t be against taking him and having him sit behind Carr a year. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Like I said he didn’t have a great year this year. A lot of that had to do with a coaching change. You can’t judge him on those stats. With a QB like Love you have to look at his traits and look his games and look for the NFL type of throws and he made plenty of NFL throws where his arm talent just jumps off the screen.

I used Mahomes name as a reference because Gruden gushes over him and you would be crazy to not think Gruden doesn’t sit back and say He doesn’t want a QB with that type of ability. Love has that raw ability. 

Watch him at the senior bowl

He lost his top 3 weapons from last year.  Easiest explanation for the stat drop imo.