2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Kizer as a draft prospect was intriguing, but he is 0-15 as a starter (i know its not all his fault. the browns were terrible that year). I just dont see him as much of an upgrade over Glennon. However, Gruden promoted him to 2nd string over both Glennon and Peterman, so Gruden must see something in him. Maybe he sparks the team but I don't know.

Oh yeah hopefully no one expects to have found the answer. Putting him in is just to see how the offense performs with a change or spark. Trying desperately for a win

After today we are trading up for Tua. Super deep WR class and can get one in the 3rd. We don’t need a true #1 (most teams don’t have one) we just need a starting WR. Also can trade our other 2 3rds’s maybe trade up to the 2nd and land a solid ILB. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

After today we are trading up for Tua. Super deep WR class and can get one in the 3rd. We don’t need a true #1 (most teams don’t have one) we just need a starting WR. Also can trade our other 2 3rds’s maybe trade up to the 2nd and land a solid ILB. 

I’m all in for getting Tua if the situation makes sense.  If our pick is right around 10-12 there is a chance he could be there for us.  I would love to get him but I don’t think it makes sense to trade too much to move up for him.  We have many holes on D that we also need to address.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

I’m all in for getting Tua if the situation makes sense.  If our pick is right around 10-12 there is a chance he could be there for us.  I would love to get him but I don’t think it makes sense to trade too much to move up for him.  We have many holes on D that we also need to address.

Yes, we do have a lot of holes, but Tua is a rare QB prospect that we have to take advantage of. He is Russell Wilson 2.0 (although probably never THAT good, Wilson is a HoF lock). Burrow and Tua are both my two favorite QB prospects since Carson Wentz in 2016. These type of prospects don’t come around often. After Burrow/Tua, no QB is worth drafting, at all. Eason/Herbert/Fromm imo are not franchise QBs. 

If we trade both 1sts we still have a full draft. And Mayock is a great draft guy. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, we do have a lot of holes, but Tua is a rare QB prospect that we have to take advantage of. He is Russell Wilson 2.0 (although probably never THAT good, Wilson is a HoF lock). Burrow and Tua are both my two favorite QB prospects since Carson Wentz in 2016. These type of prospects don’t come around often. After Burrow/Tua, no QB is worth drafting, at all. Eason/Herbert/Fromm imo are not franchise QBs. 

If we trade both 1sts we still have a full draft. And Mayock is a great draft guy. 

If Tua falls into our lap, then I might not mind it. But he is WAY too injury prone for my liking. I WOULD NOT trade up for him.

• Like 1

Raiders will get a top 10 pick. Chargers and Broncos next two teams who are picking ahead of the Raiders.Once they lose to them that will move the Raiders up. Would also help if the Jets can win another game. 

A top 10 pick and if the Bears lose out which they should could have a top 15 pick to go with it. 

I would prefer a QB with a stronger arm than Tua, but I would really like that pick. Accurate and is a playmaker at QB. Put him on ice his rookie year and put that bad boy on the road his second year. Tua and Herbert will be two QBs who we will hear a lot about. I like Herbert than most do.

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I doubt that we'd trade up for him. To be honest I don't see us investing in another QB this offseason unless Mayock/Gruden fall in love with either Tu'a or Herbert. Get a #1 WR and improve the defense this offseason, give Carr one more year, and then leverage all of our draft assets to move up for Fields or Lawerence in 2021. 

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt that we'd trade up for him. To be honest I don't see us investing in another QB this offseason unless Mayock/Gruden fall in love with either Tu'a or Herbert. Get a #1 WR and improve the defense this offseason, give Carr one more year, and then leverage all of our draft assets to move up for Fields or Lawerence in 2021. 

What draft assets? This will be the last year we can maneuver for a Franchise QB without breaking the farm. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What draft assets? This will be the last year we can maneuver for a Franchise QB without breaking the farm. 

We can afford to break the farm for a franchise QB if we have a strong draft. With the young guys we brought in last year and 5 top 100 picks (including 2 firsts) this year, we could have a strong enough core that we could afford to give up the farm to move up for a guy like Lawerence or Fields. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We can afford to break the farm for a franchise QB if we have a strong draft. With the young guys we brought in last year and 5 top 100 picks (including 2 firsts) this year, we could have a strong enough core that we could afford to give up the farm to move up for a guy like Lawerence or Fields. 

I don’t like sacrificing the future. Some teams are gonna offer something like three years of 1sts, two seconds, and two thirds for both Lawrence and Fields. Which is ridiculous. 

Tua is a Top 3 player this year and probably falls to 4 or 5 due to injury. We can use both 1sts and maybe a 4th and easily move up 5-6 spots. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

giphy.gif

Dude... you were hyping Eason for months lol

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t like sacrificing the future. Some teams are gonna offer something like three years of 1sts, two seconds, and two thirds for both Lawrence and Fields. Which is ridiculous. 

Tua is a Top 3 player this year and probably falls to 4 or 5 due to injury. We can use both 1sts and maybe a 4th and easily move up 5-6 spots. 

No one has ever gotten that for a rookie. Maybe it’ll take 2 firsts and a second which depending on the state of this team I’d be 100% for. Having a great rookie QB on that contract will help the team weather through those first few years giving the team versatility in FA. 

• Like 1