2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

What’s everyone’s QB rankings for this class? Curious to what everyone has, even if you think we should just roll with Carr. 

QB1 Joe Burrow 97.4

QB2 Tua 96.8

QB3 Jordan Love 89.6

QB4 Jake Fromm 84.8

QB5 Jacob Eason 83.2

QB6 Justin Herbert 81.5

I made grades so you can see how much I separate some from the others. One rank isn’t enough for some. 

Since 2013, Burrow and Tua are the best QBs I have scouted since Wentz. I have both a hair behind Wentz. 

Love is an exceptional project with many great traits. Laser arm, pinpoint accuracy, A+ pocket presence, good mobility, great touch. He needs to learn how to read defenses better and study more. He gets fooled easily at the moment. 

Eason has the dream tools basically. Always loved his intangibles and traits. He has always been extremely erratic and inconsistent though throughout his entire college career. 

Fromm on the Pats, Saints, or WCO could actually end up being a real stud on those teams. He’s extremely accurate, excels at timing and rhythm passes, very very smart, a gamer, a leader, and supreme pocket presence. 

Herbert has a laser arm and solid mobility, alas Josh Allen. Except Herbert has major accuracy issues throughout his entire career, has very poor pocket presence similar to Carr, had the best OL in college football history masking his poor pocket presence, doesn’t use his laser arm very much to be honest, and I really question his passion for football in interviews. 

Edited by BayRaider

I have to see more of Love throughout the draft process to be our pick at Pick 12 but at the moment I really want one of these four at 12: Love, Kinlaw, Jeudy, or Ruggs. Obviously I value the possible franchise QB the most, but I also want to build a bully on defense and value Kinlaw right now over Jeudy and Ruggs. Would be thrilled with Jeudy and Ruggs though, absolutely love both of them. 

I wonder how lucky we are going to get with the board falling this year. There are going to be a lot of QB's and T's in the top 12 imo. Burrow and Tua are locks, potentially Love and Herbert. Then Thomas, Wills, maybe Wirfs and Becton. Young and Okudah are locks too. How wild would it be to land one of Simmons or Brown at #12. A definite long shot but we've seen crazier stuff happen.

41 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Since 2013, Burrow and Tua are the best QBs I have scouted since Wentz. I have both a hair behind Wentz. 

Stop saying "scouted"? You watched games just like everyone else here. Saw some yoututbe videos and highlight packages. You didn't "Scout" anything.

How many games you been too? Practices? Coaches you've talked to about the player? 

Just a pet peeve of mine. Everyone with an internet connection and an opinion is a scout now. Worse, they pretend to watch a lot of tape when reality is... they haven't.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Stop saying "scouted"? You watched games just like everyone else here. Saw some yoututbe videos and highlight packages. You didn't "Scout" anything.

How many games you been too? Practices? Coaches you've talked to about the player? 

Just a pet peeve of mine. Everyone with an internet connection and an opinion is a scout now. Worse, they pretend to watch a lot of tape when reality is... they haven't.

Where does it say professionally scouted? What we are all doing, watching game tape, evaluating players, seeing what players fit what systems, is called scouting. It is the literal definition. I never once claimed to be a “scout”. Look up the word scouting in the dictionary. Everyone you see on Youtube, Blogs, and many Forum members also use the term “scouted” and “scouting”. 

Your obsession with me lately is hilarious. And this one is the most nitpicky of all. Just grasping at this point. If you have a problem with the way I post, report me (which will be laughed at) instead of quoting me over non sense. Quote me for a debate, agreement, disagreement, analysis, etc. You’ve been following me around for four weeks now in every thread, quoting me about not the actual discussion of the post, basically your agenda is trying character assassinate me on a free football forum which is hilarious, we are not running for political office. Find something better to do with your time tough guy. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Where does it say professionally scouted? What we are all doing, watching game tape, evaluating players, seeing what players fit what systems, is called scouting. It is the literal definition. I never once claimed to be a “scout”. Look up the word scouting in the dictionary. Everyone you see on Youtube, Blogs, and many Forum members also use the term “scouted” and “scouting”. 

Your obsession with me lately is hilarious. And this one is the most nitpicky of all. Just grasping at this point. If you have a problem with the way I post, report me (which will be laughed at) instead of quoting me over non sense. Quote me for a debate, agreement, disagreement, analysis, etc. 

Naw usually I agree cause bp is crazy but bp been hating on the term “scouting” in reference to posters here for years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

QB1 Joe Burrow 97.4

QB2 Tua 96.8

QB3 Jordan Love 89.6

QB4 Jake Fromm 84.8

QB5 Jacob Eason 83.2

QB6 Justin Herbert 81.5

I made grades so you can see how much I separate some from the others. One rank isn’t enough for some. 

Love is an exceptional project with many great traits. Laser arm, pinpoint accuracy, A+ pocket presence, good mobility, great touch. He needs to learn how to read defenses better and study more. He gets fooled easily at the moment. 

Eason has the dream tools basically. Always loved his intangibles and traits. He has always been extremely erratic and inconsistent though throughout his entire college career. 

Fromm on the Pats, Saints, or WCO could actually end up being a real stud on those teams. He’s extremely accurate, excels at timing and rhythm passes, very very smart, a gamer, a leader, and supreme pocket presence. 

Herbert has a laser arm and solid mobility, alas Josh Allen. Except Herbert has major accuracy issues throughout his entire career, has very poor pocket presence similar to Carr, had the best OL in college football history masking his poor pocket presence, doesn’t use his laser arm very much to be honest, and I really question his passion for football in interviews. 

There’s big question marks on every QB in this draft and Wentz could be done as well.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw usually I agree cause bp is crazy but bp been hating on the term “scouting” in reference to posters here for years. 

What we are all doing is scouting. Scouting, the term, is not reserved for the professional occupation of Scout. Many throughout the community use the terms scouting and scouted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

There’s big question marks on every QB in this draft and Wentz could be done as well.

Oh I agree. Even Luck had questions. Manning too. Lawrence next year as well, especially after his National Title game. There will never be anything close to a flawless QB prospect. It’s an interesting position to look at. So many variables. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Oh I agree. Even Luck had questions. Manning too. Lawrence next year as well, especially after his National Title game. There will never be anything close to a flawless QB prospect. It’s an interesting position to look at. So many variables. 

You have a one-year wonder and injury prone quarterback, it doesn’t get worse than that.

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What we are all doing is scouting. Scouting, the term, is not reserved for the professional occupation of Scout. Many throughout the community use the terms scouting and scouted. 

Oh I agree 

different people have different interpretations just saying it’s not personal 

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh I agree 

different people have different interpretations just saying it’s not personal 

And he is trying to project his perception of it onto all of us like it is law. What we are doing is the definition of scouting. A professional scout would look at BPs post and be like “what in the world are you talking about? They are technically scouting. Just not professionally.”