2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If we are talking about speed... the Raiders need to get faster on defense. KC is running a track meet on Sundays for the next decade with Mahomes at QB. The Raiders better get a defense that can defend against them or the Gruden reboot won't amount to much of anything.  

agree 1000%, and mayock talking about us needing is true, but he also said a lot about taking a wr in the first. this part of the year is misinformation,lies and BS time to the nth degree.lol everything said has to be taken with a grain of salt. im not saying anything that's a big revelation here,lol. but it is amazing after going through this drill last year how many people (media, fans,experts etc.) cling to, drum up, ride like seattle slew any and all stories rumors etc about our QB situation. LMFAO! its like deja vu....I mean deja vu. sorry but I aint sipping that kool aid....fastest way to 10+ wins and respectability IMHO?.....defensive improvement asap. 

42 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree with mike may I’m not really liking any first round wrs 

kj hill and devonte smith really have my eye at wr

edit

devonte going back to bama

I agree with this pretty much, tons of talent and depth...yes. any prospects like j jones, megatron, moss? nope. are there a cpl worth the #12? yeah sure. but ive already stated id be ok with going defense in the first and finding wr talent later .

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mock Drafts will be easier after FA. Will we go after CB in FA and not WR? Will we go after WR and not CB? Will we make a play for Brady? Etc. 

I like doing a pre combine/pro day and a post combine/pro day mock to see how the eye test compares to how they test in shorts

4 hours ago, doctordeath said:

I don't think it affects our chances of getting them or makes it any more difficult to add whoever, whatever speed to WR, or any of the positions we're slow at. 

The lack of speed was and is PAINFULLY obvious. Everyone knows. 

Hiding the obvious and playing smoke and mirrors when the cats was never in the bag to begin with, now that would make for greater difficulty, because you just look desperate.

I appreciate his honesty and forwardness; if I were a GM I'd know he's not as easy to push over as Raiders GMs of past. This man means business.

Not saying anything is not smoke and mirrors--it's just not saying anything.

I figure it may fractionally affect the Raiders acquiring the type of player because any agent worth his salt is going to bring up that comment up in negotiations, and any GM worth his salt is going to trade up ahead of the Raiders if there's a speed receiver they want.

Like I said, it only fractionally affects the Raider's chances, but I would have preferred he hadn't said anything.

And I don't see how previous GMs have been pushovers or that Mayock is some sort of tough guy. I don't think his comment says anything about either.

• Like 1

Watched a few LSU games (defense only) past couple days including Jordan Love so I could watch Fulton/Love/Queen. My analysis on Fulton has largely soured. Fulton got beat consistently in these games. And almost all of Loves completions were against Fulton. 

However I did notice the other corner, Stingley. Holy c**p. Best corner I’ve seen in college, although small sample size. He is 100% glue and has ball skills. 

• Like 1

Tee Higgins is growing on me if the other three are gone by Pick 19 and we choose Simmons or Kinlaw at 12. The problem is I don’t think Higgins is Carrs type of WR. Hs separation is not going to be huge, but he will absolutely be open with a tight throw. And he is a jump ball master. This just doesn’t sound like Carr. A receiver needs to be wide open for him. The WR that fits Carr best is Jeudy. 

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree with mike may I’m not really liking any first round wrs 

kj hill and devonte smith really have my eye at wr

edit

devonte going back to bama

I like Hill too, what round do you think he goes though? I don’t think he’ll last to our 3rd. Wouldn’t mind trading down to late first/early 2nd to take him though. 

5 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I like Hill too, what round do you think he goes though? I don’t think he’ll last to our 3rd. Wouldn’t mind trading down to late first/early 2nd to take him though. 

In my mock I’m trading down and picking up a 2nd

also trading carr for a 2nd

getting hill in the 2nd

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1