Just messing around on TDN Mock Draft

12. Javon Kinlaw IDL

19. Patrick Queen CB

80. Chase Claypool WR

81. Cameron Dantzler CB

91. Quintez Cephus WR

111. Nate Stanley QB

141. David Woodward LB

I would be pretty happy with that draft, though I'm not sure Queen would be lining up at CB 😀. There are other receivers Id prefer but at keadt you double dipped. Don't think Woodward lasts past about 4 but who knows this early in the draft.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You, me, and OGX are in the Kinlaw/Queen camp for 12/19. Sign Byron Jones in FA and we could, emphasis on could, have a Top 10 Defense. 

Kinlaw and Queen are definitely a couple selections I could get on board with, though Jones is a decent CB for our system but I think he'll be overpaid considering his lack of big plays and turnovers, doesn't seem to gave a feel for playing the ball and it concerns me he'd be a flag magnet in Silver and Black. That said, there doesn't seem to be a sure fit at CB in FA right now.

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Kinlaw and Queen are definitely a couple selections I could get on board with, though Jones is a decent CB for our system but I think he'll be overpaid considering his lack of big plays and turnovers, doesn't seem to gave a feel for playing the ball and it concerns me he'd be a flag magnet in Silver and Black. That said, there doesn't seem to be a sure fit at CB in FA right now.

Bradley Roby?

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

I really don't like Jeudy as much as the rest of the draft community does. I think he's a first round prospect, and in a stacked class like this that's something, but I don't think he's the blue chip WR prospect in this class as some have him. I have him behind Lamb and Higgins (that will be unpopular I know). 

I just fail to see the dominant traits. He's a very good route runner, but I rarely see him make contested catches, I don't think hes overly explosive, I think his hands have some serious question marks (whether its concentration or a lack of natural hands is up for debate), he's not a great redzone threat, played with elite QB play, RB play, and 3 other fantastic wideouts. For someone that wins on routes and separation the hands worry me a lot. I love his routes and his ability with the ball in his hands. Which makes him a good fit for our offense, but I dont see top 5-10 WR potential. I think he's one of those top 12-15 guys for a decent stretch. 

I think Lamb is the blue chip guy, he has more elite traits. He has ridiculously good hands, body control, contested catch ability, YAC ability, redzone threat. He doesn't have burner speed, but I don't think thats a requirement. 

I also think Higgins is being slept on in a major way. In a normal draft he's the cream of the crop IMO. The more I watch him the more I believe he's the WR number 2 in this class. Fantastic hands, size, makes a lot of circus catches, good enough speed, comes from a program known for players translating. I see elite traits. 

I'll probably get a lot of flack for this because Jeudy has 2 years of a lot of hype, but if I'm given the choice of any WR in this class im definitely taking Lamb over him, and by the time the draft rolls around I'll probably prefer Higgins as well. But I fully acknowledge I'm higher on him than most. 

You get it. Good traits, not dominate traits. I agree on Higgins as well. Big catch radius and dominate at high pointing the ball. Will be a great red zone target. He's like a bigger, better Crabtree. Throw it up and he'll go get it. Would fit with Carr.

• Like 1

If we miss out on Kinlaw at 12/19 thoughts on Blacklock at 19 or maybe a small trade back for him? He’s quickly becoming one of my favorite players in this class. Injury history scares me a little but he’s fully recovered it seems. Would love to slide back to the mid-late 20’s and pick up an extra 2/3rd and grab this guy. 

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We need an outside corner badly. Harris and Roby are bad fits here. Worley can kick inside. Hes an ok nickel corner. Nothing special but he can hold his own. Hes awful on the outside though. 

They played on the same team two years ago, how can they both be Slot corners? I agree Harris is a Slot corner. But Roby is not a slot corner. When he was the CB3 in Denver Harris would go inside and Roby would play opposite of Talib. He is an outside corner. I wanted him last offseason.

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jeudys dominant trait is his change of direction ability. It’s maybe the best I’ve ever seen.

He scored tons of 60+ yard touchdowns in the sec. He’s explosive and fast.

Correct, it’s amazing. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Also there is plenty of WRs that are successful with a 4.5 to 4.55 40 but once you get to the back range hovering from 4.56 and onwards, the list becomes very very short. Not jus todays NFL but in the history of the sport. You will find names that have had great success but percentages are ridiculously low. 

Recent 4.56+ guys having major success. Key here is they are great route runners, which is why I don't worry about Lamb's speed as he's a great route runner.

Brown 4.56

Adams 4.56

Thomas 4.57

Robinson 4.60

Allen 4.71

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Recent 4.56+ guys having major success. Key here is they are great route runners, which is why I don't worry about Lamb's speed as he's a great route runner.

Brown 4.56

Adams 4.56

Thomas 4.57

Robinson 4.60

Allen 4.71

I believe in track speed and game speed but good route running helps a whole lot especially with longevity because over time the speed fades away. For example Allen has game speed that 40 time was so odd to me cause I remember he played like a 4.5 guy through my eyes watching him at cal. 

“NFL Network's Mike Mayock made a great point about Allen's playing speed following the private workout (via NFL.com). 

Three months ago, I said -- if you watch this kid on tape -- if you like him, he's Anquan Boldin. If you don't like him, he's speed-deficient. So I don't really care what he runs in the 40. On tape, to me, he's a 4.55 guy all day long.

• Like 1