2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

On 2/1/2020 at 5:02 PM, BayRaider said:

PFF is way too high on Shenault for my liking. He’s my WR7 behind Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Aiyuk, Higgins, and Hamler. I understand he’s more of a project WR but I just don’t see his skillset, and potential skillset, as something worth that risk. 

He’s perfect for Carr. Most of his catches were less than 10 yards.

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Matt Miller mock

Jerry Jeudy WR

Patrick Queen LB

Trevon Hill EDGE

Terrell Burgess CB

Jalen Hurts QB

Leki Fotu DT

Cam Brown LB

Raiders were the first team to take a WR and went Jeudy over Lamb which I agree with. 

I'm not a huge fan of Hurts but I like that draft overall. 

• Like 1

3-C995-D2-E-EED5-4-C0-A-AC4-F-52-D80-E53

I really don’t think this is a smokescreen. WR/CB is a strange position where the 1st Round has tons of busts and the 2nd Round has almost the same success rate. I really don’t think we pick a WR in the 1st. Well... at least not at 12. 

I think Simmons, Kinlaw, and possibly even a QB like Love will all be higher on Mayocks board than any WR. 

I see that as a smoke screen. Raiders can’t take advantage of this deep WR group cause they were dumb and sent their second round pick to the Bears. They need to do their home work on the WRs and take the best one they feel comfortable with if that is at 12 or 19. They don’t have the ability to wait unless we want to continue to deal with this WR issue going into next years draft. Getting Robby in FA and pair him with Tyrell takes the urgency away a little, but still playing with fire with that position group. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I see that as a smoke screen. Raiders can’t take advantage of this deep WR group cause they were dumb and sent their second round pick to the Bears. They need to do their home work on the WRs and take the best one they feel comfortable with if that is at 12 or 19. They don’t have the ability to wait unless we want to continue to deal with this WR issue going into next years draft. Getting Robby in FA and pair him with Tyrell takes the urgency away a little, but still playing with fire with that position group. 

Agree.  No more messing around.  It is our biggest need by far and needs addressed now.  LB is a close second and in a similar position, but the difference there is we can easily address LB in free agency before the draft and add to it.  WR is very limited in free agency.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:20 AM, NYRaider said:

Using TDN's tool: 

12 - Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

19 - Henry Ruggs | WR | Alabama

80 - Netane Muti | OG | Fresno State

81 - Darnay Holmes | CB | UCLA

91 - Evan Weaver | LB | California

111 - Trevon Hill | Edge | Miami (FL)

141 - Lamical Perine | RB | Florida

I like this mock quite a bit, only thing I might change is the muti pick for possibly another wr depending on FA and who`s on the board. or if dugger was  available at #80.

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

We have three thirds. Could easily get into the 2nd m. Could also trade down 19 to 26-28 range and get a 2nd. 

So the starters going into the offseason, and where open slots for new starters 

• QB: Carr (28)
  • RB: Jacobs (22)
  • FB: Ingold (23)
  • WR: T Williams (28)
  • WR: ?
  • Slot: Renfrow(24)
  • TE:  Waller (28)
  • LT: K Miller (24)
  • LG: Richie (37)
  • C: Hudson (31)
  • RG: Jackson (29)
  • RT: T Brown (27)
  • Defense 
  • DE: Ferrell (23)
  • UT: Hurst (25)
  • NT: Hankins (28)
  • DE: Crosby (23)
  • WLB: ?
  • MLB:  ?
  • SLB:  Whitehead- if we keep him, I suggest moving him over to a 2down LB (30)
  • CB: Mullens (23)
  • CB: ?
  • Slot: Lawson (29)
  • FS:  Joyner. (29)
  • SS: J Abram (24)
Edited by Humble_Beast

I mentioned Logan Wilson before the senior bowl. He is a very intriguing LB. Can’t wait to see what he runs at the combine hopefully it’s under 4.6. You watch him play and he plays fast he’s always moving. Would put him under Brooks right there with Dye from Oregon. 

• Like 1