2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, G said:

Which would you rather...

A) DT Brown & WR Higgins

or

B) Wr Lamb & Kinlaw

I went 'A' in a fanspeak and wondered what ya'll would do.

I'd go with B. 

Kinlaw and Brown are closer in talent and impact than Lamb and Highins. Id be delighted with Kinlaw and Lamb. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, G said:

My instincts say I go with Jeudy but Okudah might get the nod because of WR depth and I don't like any other CB in the 1st...Lamb looks great but has me worried on and off field but is probably a baller. DT not as much of a need is why I'd pass on Brown with those above. Simmions and Jeudy I keep 'flip flopping' over. Add Simmions to that and I have a 3 way problem and look to trade up to 14 before making the pick .LOL

Good problem to have, imagine the situation where Brown, Okudah, Simmons, Kinlaw, Jeudy and Lamb are all gone by 12. Not sure what Id do then, probably try and trade down.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Good problem to have, imagine the situation where Brown, Okudah, Simmons, Kinlaw, Jeudy and Lamb are all gone by 12. Not sure what Id do then, probably try and trade down.  

6 players gone. Add in Burrow, Tua and Young. So only 2 OL in the top 11. That would crazy. I highly doubt that's the board at 12. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

6 players gone. Add in Burrow, Tua and Young. So only 2 OL in the top 11. That would crazy. I highly doubt that's the board at 12. 

True, but stranger things have happened and Id guess one of those guys would be available. We've got a poor run if picks prior to us before though so I wouldn't count anything out.

13 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Sign -Corey Middleton 4 years 55 million and some others, but this is the big one.

Resign Dion Jordan and Karl Joseph (KJ only at a reasonable price)

Draft -

#12 Javon Kinlaw DT

#19 CB CJ Henderson 0R Jordan Love (QB 1st option)

#80 WR  Denzel Mims

#81 Cameron Dantzler CB

#90 WR Tyler Johnson if we get CJ Henderson/ Troy Pride Jr. if we get Love.

#111 S Kyle Duggar 

#140 WR Isaiah Hodgins

We roll with Carr into the season and develop Love if we can get him at #19. Or we trade Carr and sign a vet like Dalton or Brady. I would take any pick under #65 for Carr. 

The receiver class is awesome. There are so many good ones I don't think you need to pick one in the first to get a difference maker. Lets pick up two or three a little later and see which one steps up.

KInlaw takes our Dline to another level. Combined with a pro bowl caliber MLB and a couple high end CB we can be a top ten Defense; certainly, a significantly improved one.  

Isn't 3 WR's over kill?

10 hours ago, G said:

My instincts say I go with Jeudy but Okudah might get the nod because of WR depth and I don't like any other CB in the 1st...Lamb looks great but has me worried on and off field but is probably a baller. DT not as much of a need is why I'd pass on Brown with those above. Simmions and Jeudy I keep 'flip flopping' over. Add Simmions to that and I have a 3 way problem and look to trade up to 14 before making the pick .LOL

Sheessh I'd go bonkers if that Simmons/brown becomes a possibility. Holy moly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Sign -Corey Middleton 4 years 55 million and some others, but this is the big one.

Resign Dion Jordan and Karl Joseph (KJ only at a reasonable price)

Draft -

#12 Javon Kinlaw DT

#19 CB CJ Henderson 0R Jordan Love (QB 1st option)

#80 WR  Denzel Mims

#81 Cameron Dantzler CB

#90 WR Tyler Johnson if we get CJ Henderson/ Troy Pride Jr. if we get Love.

#111 S Kyle Duggar 

#140 WR Isaiah Hodgins

We roll with Carr into the season and develop Love if we can get him at #19. Or we trade Carr and sign a vet like Dalton or Brady. I would take any pick under #65 for Carr. 

The receiver class is awesome. There are so many good ones I don't think you need to pick one in the first to get a difference maker. Lets pick up two or three a little later and see which one steps up.

KInlaw takes our Dline to another level. Combined with a pro bowl caliber MLB and a couple high end CB we can be a top ten Defense; certainly, a significantly improved one.  

I am still trying to figure out whoe Corey Middleton is?

I love Kinlaw but it would be hard for me to pass on Jeudy or Lamb for him. Would consider it if they were able to get Robby in FA. 

Definitely could see Kinlaw going in the top 10. Baalke just got hired by the Jags. Kinlaw is in the same mold as Armstead who Baalke drafted. 

I would love either scenario honestly. I think the gap between Lamb and Higgins (my number 2 WR) is bigger than the gap between Brown and Kinlaw so I would probably go with that scenario, but I don't think either is realistic. I don't think Brown makes it to 12 and I dont think Kinlaw makes it to 19. 

I have read that Kinlaw lost significant weight in between last season and this one. Does anyone know why he was so heavy previously? Was it what the coaching staff wanted or was it a lack of discipline on his part? 

I'm liking Kinlaw more and more. He has some games where he is dominant, and some games where he isn't, but the traits are there. Super explosive, long, lean, strong, active. Coming out with him and Higgins would be a damn good first round IMO. The idea of Kinlaw on the line with Crosby and Ferrell for the next 5 years is exciting. The best way to build a dominant defense is to have a dominant front line with guys that can get pressure. Having three guys with their skills and Hurst and Hankins also in the fold should keep everyone fresh and put all of them in positions to take advantage of matchups. Of the guys that are likely to be there Kinlaw is inching closer and closer to the top. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The more I see Kinlaw, the better he projects to me. He is a little raw and he'll need to work on pad level and technique but I honestly see a higher ceiling than Brown and a guy who could be an elite disrupter.