2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'd go with B. 

Kinlaw and Brown are closer in talent and impact than Lamb and Highins. Id be delighted with Kinlaw and Lamb. 

That might be true and I would not have a problem selecting Kinlaw but if Brown is there at 12 he has to be #1 on the board.  Kinlaw is a powerful disruptive 3T that can collapse the pocket.  All things we want and need.  Brown is all that at the nose plus is an immovable object against the run.  He alone would change or D and allow for us to hide deficiencies all over the field.  I really like Lamb also but think the impact made by the top WRs are not going to impact this team like Brown.  Brown would line up next to Hankins as a 3T, he would be amazing there also and can even play on the edge some, to form a dominant d-line that could pressure the QB and stonewall the run game.  If Mayock and Gruden choose wisely this team will be greatly improved next year.

• Like 1

Brandon Aiyuk is becoming a Top 3 WR for me behind Jeudy and Ruggs. People become to “normalized” with rankings, so if they see something extreme like this, they naturally dispute it. But I’m not going super against the grain. He’s DJ’s WR4, and he’s BrownLeaders WR3 also in the Draft Section. 

Aiyuk has all the tools to be a stud in this league. He’s absolute deadly on short routes, especially that short post. If you play Off Coverage, you are basically dead. He’s also a fantastic deep threat. 4.3 speed and 6 foot tall. Great elusiveness. Very solid route runner. Great ball pinpointer. He’s the total package. Just needs to get stronger to defeat press coverage. That’s literally his only weakness, although it is a glaring one. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Brandon Aiyuk is becoming a Top 3 WR for me behind Jeudy and Ruggs. People become to “normalized” with rankings, so if they see something extreme like this, they naturally dispute it. But I’m not going super against the grain. He’s DJ’s WR4, and he’s BrownLeaders WR3 also in the Draft Section. 

Aiyuk has all the tools to be a stud in this league. He’s absolute deadly on short routes, especially that short post. If you play Off Coverage, you are basically dead. He’s also a fantastic deep threat. 4.3 speed and 6 foot tall. Great elusiveness. Very solid route runner. Great ball pinpointer. He’s the total package. Just needs to get stronger to defeat press coverage. That’s literally his only weakness, although it is a glaring one. 

I was hoping he would would be there in the 3rd but I doubt it. Aiyuk is better than Harry who went to the Pats in the 1st, he's more explosive 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was hoping he would would be there in the 3rd but I doubt it. Aiyuk is better than Harry who went to the Pats in the 1st, he's more explosive 

Aiyuk probably goes in the 1st. At the very latest, Early 2nd. 

If we want him, it’ll be Pick 19. Which isn’t really a reach. 

Warming up to the idea of taking a top defender at 12, and BWRA at 19. There’s so much WR available this year it’s crazy. Only thing I don’t like about not going WR at 12, is it exposes us to getting jumped by teams needing a WR.

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Warming up to the idea of taking a top defender at 12, and BWRA at 19. There’s so much WR available this year it’s crazy. Only thing I don’t like about not going WR at 12, is it exposes us to getting jumped by teams needing a WR.

You aren’t gonna see a crazy WR run in the teens... worst case scenario is a WR goes to the Jags, Jets, and Broncos or Cowboys. Worst case scenario is we’ll have 3 WRs off the board. And probably only two will be gone. 

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

this guy in the 3rd, would be fuego. Played QB last year because team need, but is a explosive playmaking WR

I think that year of playing qb set his development back as a wr. He was a solid er the year before tho. Interesting to see how he test

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You aren’t gonna see a crazy WR run in the teens... worst case scenario is a WR goes to the Jags, Jets, and Broncos or Cowboys. Worst case scenario is we’ll have 3 WRs off the board. And probably only two will be gone. 

Still gotta worry about teams jumping us

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think that year of playing qb set his development back as a wr. He was a solid er the year before tho. Interesting to see how he test

Could also help with his feel for the game and understanding routes/coverages. 

Just now, Geezy said:

Could also help with his feel for the game and understanding routes/coverages. 

He played qb in high school but was more of a running qb in hs. I thought he needed to work on his craft more as a wr (foot work, hand usage) but the starter went down so he became the qb. He’s still fairly new at the wr position. Just getting by on pure athletic ability imo super raw.