2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I am pro marijuana. But you smoke to much if you think this is accurate. Best MLB in this draft. Lightyears better then Devin Bush. Less polished but just as talented as Devin White.

Light years better than Devin Bush lol. Let's put up a poll and find out who really smoke too much marijuana. There is no planet where Queen is better than Bush coming out, at least in this universe. I also thought Bush would have the better career over White so Queen might be better than him in the NFL still not a 1st rounder.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

Just now, raidr4life said:

Light years better than Devin Bush lol. Let's put up a poll and find out who really smoke too much marijuana. There is no planet where Queen is better than Bush coming out, at least in this universe. 

Bush definitely was my fav lb

queen vs white that’s a toss up 

rather have bush tho

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bush definitely was my fav lb

queen vs white that’s a toss up 

rather have bush tho

Wait wait wait... Queen v. White is a toss up prospect wise?  If that is the case, why are people doubting him being a first rounder?  Honest question.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’d sign Mariota 

This. Especially considering his play and benching will most likely drive his price down. I imagine (and hope nothing but the best for any player) he signs on for a prove it contract and with a team akin to the Tannehill situation. It'd be poetic if it played out that way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We haven’t seen much of Peterman, had mental issues on the Bills but looked great in Raider TC/Pre Season. Mariota is a Bottom 3 starter in the NFL. Well, he’s more of a backup. Mariota was terrible for four years. Dumb as rocks. Doesn’t go through progressions. No pocket presence. And absolutely one of the most inaccurate throwers I’ve ever seen. JaMarcus level throws at least 4-5 times per game. 

Even if Mariota is a bottom 3 starter that’s better than Peterman has even been or ever will be. Not worth arguing about as neither can help this team in the future. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yeesh... I need to go back and watch Queen I guess. Because White and Bush were two guys I liked and both had an impact their rookie seasons. 

At first glance, I like Queen. I just see him get stuck on blocks a lot. Reminds me some of Roquan Smith in that he's undersized and will need a good Dline to keep him clean to make plays.

Very accurate analysis.

21 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

This. Especially considering his play and benching will most likely drive his price down. I imagine (and hope nothing but the best for any player) he signs on for a prove it contract and with a team akin to the Tannehill situation. It'd be poetic if it played out that way. 

Even with his benching Mariota, by most people’s estimates, is going to get 7mil per year.  
I know I keep saying it but.... we don’t have a ton of cap space. (Cutting Jackson and Whitehead would give us 15-16M more.) After adding the cost of current draft choices and Richard’s re-signing... were at $41.6M.  We have a few of our own free agents to re-sign.  
Personally, that $7M could go much longer ways then a backup QB, IMO.

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Wait wait wait... Queen v. White is a toss up prospect wise?  If that is the case, why are people doubting him being a first rounder?  Honest question.

imo For one he’s a mlb for two he’ll rise after the combine for 3 he declared late

i think queen has better coverage skills than white but white is better vs the run

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Kenneth Murray. 

Queen is a solid prospect, I like him a lot, and would be 100% on board with taking him at 19 or with a trade down. However, I think Murray is the superior LB prospect (2nd to Simmons) in this class. And I'm not sure why so many have cooled on him, not anyone here specifically but in general. 

I think after the combine he's a guy that everyone will think is worth a top 15-20 pick in this class. Hes a superior athlete, seems to be a good leader, has terrific sideline to sideline range, good in zone coverage. I don't think he's gotten the greatest coaching to really tap into his full potential. He's played on a very poor defense, and that probably doesn't help his stock, but I can't attribute that to him. He's one of the only defenders on that team that stands out when you watch their defense. He does tackle a little high for my liking at times. But I believe thats an issue that can be corrected with coaching and hard work. I think he has a lot of skills that you can't teach and fits the mold of the current NFL linebacker that has a lot of range and ability to cover. He possesses some real pop when he hits people. I think he has good instincts as well. He's one of my top prospects for pick 19 or a small trade down depending on what we do with pick 12. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 2

I am making a Top 60 list and at around 45. Have a few things that surprised even myself. Not gonna share it til next Tuesday or Wednesday but I’m pretty high on the other Ohio State corner now. Damon Arnette Jr. 

CB Rankings:

1) Jeffery Okudah, by far. 

2) CJ Henderson

3) Trevon Diggs

4) Damon Arnette Jr. 

5) Kristian Fulton

Diggs doesn’t fit our system at all. He’s better for a zone scheme or man coverage on big WRs or TEs. Henderson is an excellent cover corner but he’s extremely non-physical. Won’t tackle much, very thin frame, and not great in press coverage. Excellent coverage though. 

Arnette is our corner if we want one. Physical in the run game, aggressive, very very solid press and man coverage, and good enough speed. 

Fulton should be a pure nickel corner IMO. Although he has potential to be a Top 3 dominant Nickel Corner. His game is similar to AJ Bouye. Fulton gets abused left and right on the outside, even against bad teams. He gets destroyed when he plays off and also not physical enough for these outside WRs. 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Even with his benching Mariota, by most people’s estimates, is going to get 7mil per year.  
I know I keep saying it but.... we don’t have a ton of cap space. (Cutting Jackson and Whitehead would give us 15-16M more.) After adding the cost of current draft choices and Richard’s re-signing... were at $41.6M.  We have a few of our own free agents to re-sign.  

Man we are top 10 in cap space.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I am making a Top 60 list and at around 45. Have a few things that surprised even myself. Not gonna share it til next Tuesday or Wednesday but I’m pretty high on the other Ohio State corner now. Damon Arnette Jr. 

CB Rankings:

1) Jeffery Okudah, by far. 

2) CJ Henderson

3) Trevon Diggs

4) Damon Arnette Jr. 

5) Kristian Fulton

Diggs doesn’t fit our system at all. He’s better for a zone scheme or man coverage on big WRs or TEs. Henderson is an excellent cover corner but he’s extremely non-physical. Won’t tackle much, very thin frame, and not great in press coverage. Excellent coverage though. 

Arnette is our corner if we want one. Physical in the run game, aggressive, very very solid press and man coverage, and good enough speed. 

Fulton should be a pure nickel corner IMO. Although he has potential to be a Top 3 dominant Nickel Corner. His game is similar to AJ Bouye. Fulton gets abused left and right on the outside, even against bad teams. He gets destroyed when he plays off and also not physical enough for these outside WRs. 

Arnette is good supposedly he has character issues tho 

super sleeper is Robinson from Tulsa 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Unless you trade Carr....