2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's criminally underrated in the WR conversation, I agree. Heck of a player, shame Patterson was just so bad for Harbaugh.

I remember seeing Patterson as a high first round pick in some mocks two years ago.  How disappointing has Patterson been versus the hype he once had!

Firm believer in addressing CB in FA. Got 3 young guys Nixon,Mullen and Johnson. Go add experience to that list of guys to go with Lawson. 

Cameron Dantzler is a CB that I really like. Will need to improve his jam at the LOS but he has the size that the Raiders love from their DBs. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Raiders go after Xavier McKinney from Bama. He’s a dawg and he would pair great with Abram. 

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Firm believer in addressing CB in FA. Got 3 young guys Nixon,Mullen and Johnson. Go add experience to that list of guys to go with Lawson. 

Cameron Dantzler is a CB that I really like. Will need to improve his jam at the LOS but he has the size that the Raiders love from their DBs. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Raiders go after Xavier McKinney from Bama. He’s a dawg and he would pair great with Abram. 

Yup I'm in the same boat. The staff has been jamming it down our throats how much they love those young guys for a year now. Upgrade front 7. Bring in at least one top notch vet corner, maybe two and let the young guys sink or swim. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah I definitely think we need a vet to bring the young guys along. I don’t think we can say Johnson or Nixon have done enough to say we shouldn’t draft a CB though. 

A lot depends on Joyner though as if he stays as nickel back then a vet CB will problem suffice. 

Agreed on McKinney. 

Edited by Dessie

14 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Anybody else think we drafting a guard this year. I think ritchie and gabe both got two years tops left here. I think I would consider taking a 3rd rounder this year for gabe if we could get it. Probably be a 4th or 5th though. 

I believe we will see the Raiders move on from Gabe. So I do believe they will draft a OG with one of the third or 4th round picks. 

definitely agree, vet corner makes good sense, jones or bradberry preferably. then gimme pride jr. or maybe Darnay holmes later, and see who outta be in the slot come season time(Lawson,nixon,johnson, rookie) don't know about pride but holmes sounds like he could be a decent guy for the slot.

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I believe we will see the Raiders move on from Gabe. So I do believe they will draft a OG with one of the third or 4th round picks. 

Whether we release/trade Jackson or keep him, we should use a 3/4 on a G.  Incognito only has this year and maybe next year left in him.  Jackson is a 50/50 to make it this year and prolly a 25%
chance he’s on the team in ‘21.  Good is a capable full-in but we need to think about the future and add depth.  I always like the idea of using mid round picks to add depth year 1 and then move them into the starting line-up year 2.  
Netane Muti (Fresno St) is highly talented but injury prone and would be a great value #91.

Solomon Kindley (Georgia) could make it to #80/81 and would be a great pick.

Shane Lemieux (Oregon),   Logan Stenberg (Kentucky),  Jonah Jackson (Ohio State) are other fall back good options for #91 or our 4th (#118, after compensatory picks are included).

Im not a big Ben Bredson (Michigan) fan unless it’s 4th round or later.  Bredson, John Simpson (Clemson) and Calvin Throckmorton (Oregon) are 4-5th rounder IMO who will be good but have limited development potential.  Nonetheless, their replacement level starting players by year 2. Louisiana’s Robert Hunt (4-5th) and Kevin Dotson (5-6) are intriguing.

There is definitely going to be several good options for us in rounds 3-5 and we should absolutely look to add a future starter to the team this year.  Even just from a money stand point, you can replace a 8-10m dollar player for 3rd round pick.  That’s a very good value.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Whether we release/trade Jackson or keep him, we should use a 3/4 on a G.  Incognito only has this year and maybe next year left in him.  Jackson is a 50/50 to make it this year and prolly a 25%
chance he’s on the team in ‘21.  Good is a capable full-in but we need to think about the future and add depth.  I always like the idea of using mid round picks to add depth year 1 and then move them into the starting line-up year 2.  
Netane Muti (Fresno St) is highly talented but injury prone and would be a great value #91.

Shane Lemieux (Oregon),   Logan Stenberg (Kentucky),  Jonah Jackson (Ohio State) are other fall back good options for #91 or our 4th (#118, after compensatory picks are included).

Im not a big Ben Bredson (Michigan) fan unless it’s 4th round or later.  Bredson, John Simpson (Clemson) and Calvin Throckmorton (Oregon) are 4-5th rounder IMO who will be good but have limited development potential.  Nonetheless, their replacement level starting players by year 2. Louisiana’s Robert Hunt (4-5th) and Kevin Dotson (5-6) are intriguing.

There is definitely going to be several good options for us in rounds 3-5 and we should absolutely look to add a future starter to the team this year.  Even just from a money stand point, you can replace a 8-10m dollar player for 3rd round pick.  That’s a very good value.  

LSU has the best iol don’t sleep 

even at the sr bowl they were the only ones to stop Kinlaw 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

good breakdown, I really want Muti but he might be a 1st rounder. Why don't you like Bredson?