2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This is a deep Wr class and I think the value drops off more sharply after the top 4 OT's are gone.  I would say protecting Darnold is more important than landing him a WR when their Oline is in shambles.  They very well could go WR though as there is no telling what the Jets front office is thinking.  

Darnold was seeing Famously ghosts because his oline couldn’t protect him now because WRs were not getting open.  They kept Enunwa and Crowder and can easily find a starting WR (Higgins, Aiyuk, Mims, Reagor) at 48.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

How about this wildcard? Denver trades up with the Jets to jump us for the best WR on their board.

Working on a mock myself, and I was thinking about this scenario being likely. DEN has two 3rd rounders so they can spare at least one (and them some) to go get their guy. Would help Lock immensely. 

Edited by Justwinning
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

This will never happen. But I am going to ask anyway because I'm interested what everyone's take will be. The Raiders get Lamb at 12. Then for 19, Jeudy or Ruggs are still available. Do the Raiders take a 2nd receiver?

I think Ruggs could be there at 19, it’s definitely unlikely but I’d say it’s closer to potentially happening then not possible.

And if Ruggs is there at 19 I’d take em.  If Jeudy was there somehow I’d absolutely take him.  
My reasoning is we can address S/CB with the round 3 picks, possibly trading up. And the value Ruggs gives the offense and ability to stretch the defense, Along with a high target WR like Lamb, would be tremendous.  I’d also assume in that scenario there wasn’t any great options at CB/S we passed up on.

• Like 1

Allbright been pretty steady on how the Broncos would take Ruggs so the liklely hood of him being there at 19 is slim. Cause the Niners pick after the Raiders at 13 who could very well pick Ruggs also if the Raiders go elsewhere at 12 aside from WR the big three will be gone without a doubt. Then you're in the Tamaurice Higgins, Justin Jefferson category and while Higgins gets a lot of hate for really no reason I would be in favor of him at 19.

Edited by agarcia34

40 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

This will never happen. But I am going to ask anyway because I'm interested what everyone's take will be. The Raiders get Lamb at 12. Then for 19, Jeudy or Ruggs are still available. Do the Raiders take a 2nd receiver?

I think you take Ruggs and then a bigger WR with one of our 3rds, Edward's, Pittman, Claypool, People Jones..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I think you take Ruggs and then a bigger WR with one of our 3rds, Edward's, Pittman, Claypool, People Jones..

I get it if he's clearly BPA at that spot, but to then take another WR in the 3rd seems a bit like overkill to me, even if he is great value. We would then have Lamb, Ruggs, Williams, Renfrow, one of the above, Jones, Ateman and Doss. I guess we'd be trading Williams in that scenario and cutting the lower guys? 

WR is one of those positions where you can never have enough of them. You can play 3-5 of them at once. Injuries happen and you would basically get yourself ready to move on from Williams after this year if he doesn't perform up to his contract. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I get it if he's clearly BPA at that spot, but to then take another WR in the 3rd seems a bit like overkill to me, even if he is great value. We would then have Lamb, Ruggs, Williams, Renfrow, one of the above, Jones, Ateman and Doss. I guess we'd be trading Williams in that scenario and cutting the lower guys? 

Agholor as well.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He ran a 4.42 no?

did he ? I thought it was slower, lol. happy to be wrong. either way, he was an interesting prospect. and yes he did , happy to be wrong.lol mustve been an old time I saw, either way he`s another swiss army knife on defense and id be happy taking him later in the draft.

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1