2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

He's better than Ruggs and Jeudy imo.

Najee Harris would have also been my RB1. Crazy talent on that offense.

The level of talent that Tua had around him at Alabama was absolutely ridiculous. He played with Josh Jacobs (1st round RB), Damien Harris (3rd round RB), Najee Harris (1st/2nd round RB), Irv Smith (2nd round TE), Jerry Jeudy (1st round WR), Henry Ruggs (1st round WR), Jaylen Waddle (1st round WR), Devonte Smith (1st round WR). While also having two top 15 picks at OT in Jonah Williams and Jedrick Willis. 

Obviously they're much different players/prospects. But I could see Tua being the next Matt Leinart where he was great in college playing with a super team and then goes to a struggling franchise and busts. 

If I'm Tua I'd be calling the Chargers and telling them to come get me.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lamb would probably amount to more wins a season to Simmons for this team, but if we can acquire Simmons at 12 and trade up for a top 3 receiver, I'd be very happy with it.

That’s the draft move that immortalizes Mayock.  If we landed Simmons and Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs is turn the tv off and careless what else happened lol.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s the draft move that immortalizes Mayock.  If we landed Simmons and Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs is turn the tv off and careless what else happened lol.

I'd be estatic. 

• Like 1

One of the things I’m really curious about is whether Mayock really has a hard on for Clemson specific players or is it National Championship teams.  I think we’ll learn quite a lot  about his preferences this year based on the scouting handicaps with Covid.

There’s rumbling of something I’ve long thought about this years WR prospects:  

while the draft has 30 good WR prospects and goes 15+ deep in the top 100... some GMs are starting To think there might only be a handful of starters and a ton of 3-4 WR types.  This might cause teams to value the top guys a little more and be willing Trade up for one.  Example of this is Denver is apparently trying to move to 10 and get Ruggs or Jeudy.

42 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

One of the things I’m really curious about is whether Mayock really has a hard on for Clemson specific players or is it National Championship teams.  I think we’ll learn quite a lot  about his preferences this year based on the scouting handicaps with Covid.

Been really curious about this as well. I've also seen how he liked captains and leaders of teams (Ferrell, Abrams, Renfrow wearing 13). Also Mullen balled out in the National Championship game and Terrell didn't. I wonder if performance in big games is any factor to him also. Although the LSU prospects are really intriguing anyway: Jefferson, Chaisson, Fulton, Queen, Delpit and I even like Edwards-Helaire as a spell back in the 3rd round if he is still there. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This what I've been saying, alot of those guy's people saying will be there in the 3rd are still going to need to develop, some might and some won't, no pick is 100%, but if a speed guy is what we want we better figure out how to get one of the top projected starters within the first 2 rounds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Lamb is going to make you look stupid and I am here for it.

Being "physical" and being "strong" are not the same thing. Physical means he can get position on contested catch. Means he's hard to bring down in the open field. Lamb is physical. He doesn't go down on first contact and doesn't drop the ball when contested like Jeudy.

All college players need to gain functional "strength" in the NFL. Being physical is a mindset. Jeudy doesn't have that. He drops balls when contested and hears footsteps.

You basically repeated everything I said. Kind of confused. Physical is indeed a mindset. Which I’ve said several times. It also requires strength in the NFL. Lamb is far from a plug and play in the NFL and needs to add a lot more strength. I’d say Jeudy and Jefferson are the main plug and plays with their polished skillset and technical prowess, and you have Ruggs who will still require DCs to gameplan around his speed. 

Lamb is not going to make me look “stupid” unless he has the best Rookie Year out of all the 1st Round WRs, which he won’t. He could put on muscle mass in year two and achieve his potential. Never once denied that or said it won’t happen. Although that’s no sure thing what so ever. It’s a gamble. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Ive always thought it was the quality of the coaching staff. Top tier staff that coaches up top recruits the right way. Tough and fundamentally sound. No doubt strong corelation with successful teams as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You basically repeated everything I said. Kind of confused. Physical is indeed a mindset. Which I’ve said several times. It also requires strength in the NFL. Lamb is far from a plug and play in the NFL and needs to add a lot more strength. I’d say Jeudy and Jefferson are the main plug and plays with their polished skillset and technical prowess, and you have Ruggs who will still require DCs to gameplan around his speed. 

Lamb is not going to make me look “stupid” unless he has the best Rookie Year out of all the 1st Round WRs, which he won’t. He could put on muscle mass in year two and achieve his potential. Never once denied that or said it won’t happen. Although that’s no sure thing what so ever. It’s a gamble. 

You already know this? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You already know this? 

How is a Lamb an effective plug and play? His game is based off being physical and contested catches. Yes, he's a solid route runner with ok speed, but that's not the primary asset of his game, and Jeudy and Jefferson do that way, way better than him with more speed. The main selling point on Lamb is his physicality and contested catch ability. He doesn't have the strength for that in the NFL yet. He's not even as strong as guys like Shenault, Reagor, or Mims with similar strength as Jeudy, Jefferson, and Ruggs III.

Not saying Lamb can't add mass, the only thing I was saying is he is the least plug-and-play guy of the 1st Round WR's.