2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Again, a #1 CB >>> a dynamic off ball LB that doesn't really rush the passer. Simmons will be awesome with his range and coverage ability. We just signed Cory Littleton, one of the best linebackers in the league who will provide the exact same value as Simmons would. 

If the bolded statement are REALLY your view then there is really nothing else to talk about until after these guys are on the field. I could really breakdown how you are completely wrong but why do that when you are just gonna hold to the same tired assumptions.

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I remember when he played against Fresno State a few years back, WTF Winfield. Dude is a baller

If we didn’t just sign Randall, and didn’t just have a short safety already, I’d want him at 19 as our pick. Lot of Earl Thomas in his game. There is no weakness to this guys game at all. Just the 5’9” height. 2 inches taller and perhaps a Top 15 pick. 

I’ve had him locked in at 36 to the Giants in 90% of my mocks since January (just one of those picks that makes sense you don’t wanna change) but now I think 27 to Seattle or even 21 to Philadelphia if the Top 3 WRs are off the board. 

Edited by BayRaider

I’m not trading up for any player at 12 or 19. Only Tua with the 12 pick if Mayock/Gruden are in love with him. Not advocating that, but would be ok with it. 

Corner class is deep, as much as we all like Okudah. 19 has some very solid guys that will be available. Simmons I’m down to pick at 12, but not a trade up. 

I’m starting to like the 12 and 19 slots the more we approach draft day. I really like Jeudy at 12 and Jaylon Johnson, Ross Blacklock, or AJ Terrell at 19, preferably Jaylon. 

I still am open to trading down either pick. Also very content with 12/19. The worst value of the draft is 14-18 imo. 

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

If the bolded statement are REALLY your view then there is really nothing else to talk about until after these guys are on the field. I could really breakdown how you are completely wrong but why do that when you are just gonna hold to the same tired assumptions.

Simmons is supposed to someone that takes away opposing offenses best players. Chase, Jefferson, CEH, and Moss wrecked Clemson in that title game. Simmons upside is what? Darius Leonard a 120+ tackle, 5-6 sack, 3-4 INT type player at his peak. If you asked any team in the league if they'd rather have Leonard or Gilmore, all 32 teams take Gilmore without hesitation. A legitimate #1 CB does so much for your defense and allows you to get creative with coverage. 

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Maybe but what is it supposed to mean? You wouldn't draft him?

Why would I draft a WR that is basically going to be the same as a player I already currently have on the roster? Especially a guy on a cheap contract, going into year two in the system, who has produced at a decent level in the past? 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why would I draft a WR that is basically going to be the same as a player I already currently have on the roster? Especially a guy on a cheap contract, going into year two in the system, who has produced at a decent level in the past? 

Because that's life in the NFL. Average players coming to the end of their contract are replaced with rookies.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Winfield is a baller. If he were like 3 inches taller he'd be the #1 S in the class. 

He probably is the #1 S on a lot of boards. #2 for me behind Delpit but razor close at the moment. 

3 inches taller and he’s a Top 10 Pick. Actually, ehhh maybe Top 15 Pick. He did play at Minnesota. 

No weakness to him, straight dog. Ball Hawk, Instincts, and Physical. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Simmons is supposed to someone that takes away opposing offenses best players. Chase, Jefferson, CEH, and Moss wrecked Clemson in that title game. Simmons upside is what? Darius Leonard a 120+ tackle, 5-6 sack, 3-4 INT type player at his peak. If you asked any team in the league if they'd rather have Leonard or Gilmore, all 32 teams take Gilmore without hesitation. A legitimate #1 CB does so much for your defense and allows you to get creative with coverage. 

And what if you could get Simmons and Johnson, Terrell or Diggs to pair with Mullen...That is the scenario I hope for. Far fetched, yes but so is getting Okudah.