2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, NYRaider said:

A lot of rumors that Jacksonville wants to move out of the 9th spot. They could get that done relatively cheap and move ahead of Cleveland and NY to get their OT. 

Hope they don’t trade up. That means Jets don’t get one of the four OTs and possibly go WR. And Mayock/Gruden don’t get their pick of the three. 

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Austin Jackson is pretty underrated imo.  He’s a reach but so is everyone else.  He’s like 20yo and has high upside.

no one (besides us) would take a 5’9 flat S in the top 15.  I think they go Delpit before taking a guy like Winfield.

I like Jackson a lot actually but TB needs to go “all in” for a Super Bowl this year. Otherwise what’s the point of signing Brady? He’s probably got one great year left and one good year. Then he’s done. Jackson needs a year to develop, more so than almost any OT in this class. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Hope they don’t trade up. That means Jets don’t get one of the four OTs and possibly go WR. And Mayock/Gruden don’t get their pick of the three. 

It makes sense for TB to jump up for a OT and Jax to fall back and get Kinlaw or Henderson.  
if nyg’s go Simmons (i think it’s 50/50 Simmons or a OT) then it’s likely All 4 OTs are on the board at 8.  NYJ could still get their OT at 11.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I still think the Jets are going WR at #11 regardless. They just gave George Fant a 3 yr/$30M deal in free agency and one of their beat writers said their staff likes Edoga and he's pretty much locked into that RT spot going into the year. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I still think the Jets are going WR at #11 regardless. They just gave George Fant a 3 yr/$30M deal in free agency and one of their beat writers said their staff likes Edoga and he's pretty much locked into that RT spot going into the year. 

I wouldn’t buy into that. Edoga is horrible. If Wirfs or Wills is on the board, and I think one of them will be, I think that’s the pick. 

I’d be more worried about Jags at 9 picking WR or Denver trading up to 10 for a WR than Jets at 11. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I like Jackson a lot actually but TB needs to go “all in” for a Super Bowl this year. Otherwise what’s the point of signing Brady? He’s probably got one great year left and one good year. Then he’s done. Jackson needs a year to develop, more so than almost any OT in this class. 

Jackson does need a year to develop but they have Joe Hoag at RT at the moment.  Anything better then him.  Josh Jones is more first year ready but Jackson has higher long term potential.  It’s a toss up.  I was just throwing out an idea, not advocating for Jackson.  It is narrow minded to draft a player whose slightly more ready for year 1 though.  I don’t think Jones is substantially or night and day more ready.

That’s what I currently have, but man, that’s such a bad value pick. 

Meh. Dane Brugler currently has him as his #22 prospect, PFF has him as their #14 prospect, and DJ has him as his #39 prospect but acknowledges he can be an early starter and at times looks like a top 15 player. It's a slight reach but he's a day one starter. 

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Jackson does need a year to develop but they have Joe Hoag at RT at the moment.  Anything better then him.  Josh Jones is more first year ready but Jackson has higher long term potential.  It’s a toss up.  I was just throwing out an idea, not advocating for Jackson.  It is narrow minded to draft a player whose slightly more ready for year 1 though.  I don’t think Jones is substantially or night and day more ready.

Oh I fully agree 99% of the time. But the Bucs have one great year of QB play. They need to be treating this like the top team in the MLB on July 31st selling their 3 Top Farm guys for a solid player. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t buy into that. Edoga is horrible. If Wirfs or Wills is on the board, and I think one of them will be, I think that’s the pick. 

I’d be more worried about Jags at 9 picking WR or Denver trading up to 10 for a WR than Jets at 11. 

They just invested a 3rd round pick into him last year and their staff reportedly likes him. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

They just invested a 3rd round pick into him last year and their staff reportedly likes him. 

That’s like us saying we used a 3rd Round Pick on Brandon Parker, started him at RT for 7 games, did absolutely horrendous, but we like him anyways and we just barely drafted him, so let’s give him another shot!

Actually, quite a few Raider fans were advocating giving Parker another shot. I thought they were insane. 

He wasn’t Parker bad but very, very close to it. Smells like smoke to me if Wirfs/Wills is there. 

Fants best at RT, and that’s really a 1yr deal with 2.0M dead cap in ‘21, if they want.  Edoga sucks.

They’d be best served going OT at 11 and WR in round 2.  Darnold has to stay alive to be good.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If TB is stuck at 14 with the 4 OTs gone, who you got for them? 

I’d give them 19 and 80 lol, let them take Jones at 19.  We can get Lamb and Jeudy/Ruggs/someone else.

(Just a joke)

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s the Jets we’re talking....but their horrible 3rd round OT and George Fant shouldn’t keep them from landing a franchise LT.