How are your rookies looking?

RaidersAreOne

I’ve heard good things about Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, our 4th round pick. There’s a chance he’ll work his way into the starting slot gig, I think his aggressiveness gives him an edge over PRob 

• Like 1

DeAndre Baker was the best looking rookie by far at rookie mini camp. He's the favorite to start alongside Jackrabbit. He looks great. Surprisingly, the 2nd best looking rookie has been LB Ryan Connelly. Bettcher has broken his own rule and shown practice tape of Connelly to the LB room at OTAs to show what a textbook rep looks like. He may take over BJ Goodson's starting role. 

Everyone says Max Scharping is looking more ready than anticipated. He could start D1. 

Tytus Howard is still learning, but everyone is thinking his athleticism is going to get him into the competition at both T and G spots. LT would be the ideal spot for him to win out at, but we'll see.

Kahale Warring is really good. Really good.

UDFA Johnnie Dixon has a really good shot to make the 53 man roster.

Lonnie Johnson is bigger than you'd expect, and he's having a tough go out there - he's really going to need some seasoning before he's lined up against NFL WRs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Bosa hurt. Everything is doomed. 

To be fair, it seems like a trend for Bosas to get hurt quite often. Not to say his hammy isnt serious--because it is--but after watching both they strike me as the type that will never play through something and if they are not 100% they will not be on the field. I remember Julius Thomas being that way, if his finger was hurting he was not on the field until it was fully healed.

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Everyone says Max Scharping is looking more ready than anticipated. He could start D1. 

Tytus Howard is still learning, but everyone is thinking his athleticism is going to get him into the competition at both T and G spots. LT would be the ideal spot for him to win out at, but we'll see.

Kahale Warring is really good. Really good.

UDFA Johnnie Dixon has a really good shot to make the 53 man roster.

Lonnie Johnson is bigger than you'd expect, and he's having a tough go out there - he's really going to need some seasoning before he's lined up against NFL WRs.

Thats because he is a monster. He is perfect slot weapon and I have no idea how someone didnt take a shot in the 6th/7th rounds on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats because he is a monster. He is perfect slot weapon and I have no idea how someone didnt take a shot in the 6th/7th rounds on him.

Given that the Texans had to rely on Joe Webb in the playoffs to take snaps at WR, I'm certain Dixon has a role on this team.

HE's probably be a lock if he can play ST gunner - get on the field for ST, eventually play some WR once Fuller or Coutee get hurt.

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given that the Texans had to rely on Joe Webb in the playoffs to take snaps at WR, I'm certain Dixon has a role on this team.

HE's probably be a lock if he can play ST gunner - get on the field for ST, eventually play some WR once Fuller or Coutee get hurt.

You will like Dixon. He was held back by JT Barrett and injuries at OSU.

• Like 1

I haven’t heard a whole lot about the Browns rookies.

UDFA David Blough has looked good at times and I expect him to be a long term backup. Another UDFA Jhavonte Dean has made plays at CB. In regards to draft picks, Drew Forbes from Southeast Missouri State might beat out Austin Corbett for RG. 

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

To be fair, it seems like a trend for Bosas to get hurt quite often. Not to say his hammy isnt serious--because it is--but after watching both they strike me as the type that will never play through something and if they are not 100% they will not be on the field. I remember Julius Thomas being that way, if his finger was hurting he was not on the field until it was fully healed.

I think it's definitely a business to them first and foremost

• Like 1