Some Divisions have a Dynasty team & some Divisions are completely open for the taking!

aceinthehouse

AFC East= Patriots are the obvious Dynasty. Until Brady (Belicheat) hang it up, they are going to own this Division like they already have. Now the Jets, Dolphins & Bills are rolling with 2nd yr QB's who will want to change this, but neither of these teams are ready yet. Some believe the Jets have the players now for the building blocks to make that happen. But I believe Rosen will be the best QB of these 3 QB's in waiting. I don't see Josh Allen as the Bills future franchise QB.

AFC North= The Steelers & Ravens have traded punches over the years in winning this Division. The Bengals have had good teams, but been unable to have success in the Playoffs & the Browns have been horrible. Do we see a shift in Dominance now with the changes made in Cleveland? Or are we simply going to see the Ravens & Steelers continue to Duke it out for the Division? Some believe the Browns are on the verge of greatness & a surefire Dynasty in the making. I must see something else...I probably wouldn't have fired the only coach to muster 7 wins in a season, when they couldn't win that many in 3. But hey, they are loaded with talent. Maybe the coach won't matter? But if your a betting man? I would stay the course with Pitt or Baltimore. At least for now.

AFC South= No Dynasty's here, but is Andrew Luck back to form. Can he take the Colts to the next level? I don't think anyone doubts his talent. I think his injuries has been what has derailed him from great success. Can Foles duplicate with Jacksonville, what he did for Philly? Can Marcus take Tennessee further than he has? Can Houston be the powerhouse? These are all questions we don't know, which is why this Division is up for grabs. I think the Colts have the best shot, but I wouldn't make any guarantees.

AFC West= I think the Chiefs & P. Mahommes is your Dynasty here. Yeah, they're having there own problems but with Andy Reid & Patrick there? They should own own this Division for some time. I think the Chargers & Broncos will trade punches for 2nd place & the occasional playoff birth. But it's the Chiefs Division for now. I think the Raiders will be bad, until they dump Carr. Only then, will they resurface as contenders again. At least VS Denver & Chargers. They will be bottom dwellers for now.

NFC East=Completely wide open, like it is every year it seems. Did the Eagles trade the right QB? Did the Giants draft the right QB? Did the Redskins finally find a QB? Does Dallas even have a QB? Lol, joking aside, this Division is no joke. Every team is capable of beating the other any day on any given year, it seems. And no matter who's in the Playoffs, you never want to be the team facing these battle tested teams in this black & blue Division. It's why this is the best Division in football, it's why all 4 of them make up the best rivalry games, it's why they always get primetime games on tv and it's why they rarely present Dynasty teams. You let any of them in the Playoffs, they end up holding the Lombardi Trophy. This year, will be no different than the rest. Some believe the Eagles are the best team. Some believe Dallas is the best team. Nobody believes the Giants are the best team. And I put $500.00 on the Redskins to win the Super Bowl at 200-1 odds. Will I win? Probably not, but if your gonna pick a team in a Division for this to happen? There ain't no better Division than the NFC East. 

NFC North= Completely up for grabs now. With Rodgers injuries & Head Coach change? I see this Division being a 3-team race between Packers, Bears & Lions. 2 of them with great QB's & 1 with an elite Defense. I honestly think any of these 3 could win the Division. Vikings have no shot with Cousins at QB. They won't even surpass a .500 record, although they have a talented roster. This Division is eerily similar to the NFC East.

NFC South= I consider the Saints a Dynasty. 2nd best QB in the League & a long lasting Head Coach, much like the Patriots. Now the Falcons & Panthers are very good teams who certainly can & will challenge for this Division. But both are 2 inconsistent, to be considered Dynasty's. The Bucs are simply rebuilding. But you know Drew Brees is always gonna be there in the end.

NFC West= The Rams are your Dynasty now, surpassing the Seahawks who were. Goff & McVay are gonna be nightmare's for NFC at large. Seattle is hanging on by a thread, as far as being a legit contender. The Niners & Cardinals are a long, long ways from competing for this Division.

So to make your playoff predictions based off what I have layed out?

AFC East= Patriots

AFC North=Open?

AFC South=Open?

AFC West= Chiefs

Possible playoff teams? Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jags, Broncos, Chargers 

NFC East= Open?

NFC North= Open?

NFC South= Saints

NFC West= Rams

Possible playoff teams? Dallas, Philly, Washington, Packers, Bears, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks

Because the Patriots, Chiefs, Saints & Rams are Dynasty's? That should be the only 4 teams guaranteed on anyone's playoff format.

All 4 have All Pro/HOF QB play

All 4 have HOF type coaching

And all 4 are guaranteed at worst, to be a wildcard contender. But most likely, will win their Division.

All the other teams have too many question marks, to be a guarantee for anything. Whether it's QB play, coaching, roster makeup or consistency.

That's why those 4, are the best teams in football.

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

I wouldn't quite call the Saints a dynasty and this is not because their not good i think they are usually damn good which coming from a Falcon fan says alot lol.    But since 2008 (last decade) they don't have the most winning seasons.  This is still not to say they can't or won't win the nfc south this year it's just i wouldn't put anyone in the nfc south as a dynasty as we trade championships to often and each team goes up and down in wins and records to much to be considered as much. 

This is winning/losing/tied record seasons.
Saints        6-4-1
Panthers   4-6-1
Falcons     7-3-1
Bucs          3-8-0

Falcons have the most winning seasons in the last decade but i wouldn't say we were better than the Saints as they won a SB where we didn't although we should have lol.  They might have a little better record as well over the last 10 years although i doubt by much if they do.  But still theirs no clear run away in this division ever and no dynasty thats for sure.  

Saints fans don't hate me and take as this me attacking you i still love yall it's more so of me defending the rest of the NFC south and saying it's always competitive and anyone can win it at any time instead of having a dynasty.

There's  not a Single Dynasty or Potential  Dynasty you have listed outside of the Patriots.  Not one!!!

Closest would actually  be the Eagles who have actually won a SB in the past 3 years. Not been constantly bounced from the Playoffs or lost in a SB.

Patriots.....

Every other Organization need apply!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's  not a Single Dynasty or Potential  Dynasty you have listed outside of the Patriots.  Not one!!!

Closest would actually  be the Eagles who have actually won a SB in the past 3 years. Not been constantly bounced from the Playoffs or lost in a SB.

Patriots.....

Every other Organization need apply!!

Eagles aren't even close to a Dynasty. They won the SB with their backup QB.

Who btw, their starter hasn't won 1 single playoff game for that organization. Not to mention being injured the last 2 seasons. 

We don't even know, if he'll be the same QB pre injuries.

As said before, only team that is an actual dynasty is the Patriots. It's the only division where you can call who will win it with 98% certainty before the season starts. Every other division there is at least some debate. 

16 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Some believe the Browns are on the verge of greatness & a surefire Dynasty in the making. I must see something else...I probably wouldn't have fired the only coach to muster 7 wins in a season, when they couldn't win that many in 3. But hey, they are loaded with talent. Maybe the coach won't matter? But if your a betting man? I would stay the course with Pitt or Baltimore. At least for now.

Gregg Williams wasn't the reasons the Browns magically figured out how to win. 

1. Dorsey knows how to evaluate talent. The talent he brought in last year that went along with the young talent from previous years, greatly played a role. I can't remember the total percentage but he changed something like 60-65% of the roster. But that roster turn over and the overall increase of talent was huge for the turnaround
  2. Baker Mayfield, enough said
  3. Firing Hue. That dude was total cancer to the team and was mainly the reason the Browns went 1-31. Browns had the talent the previous two years to win at least 2-3 games but he was cost the team wins. Once he was fired to go along with Haley. When the firing was made, the offense to a huge step forward. I know they played some bad defenses after Freddie took over but just the way the offense ran and called and that Kitchens was actually properly utilizing the talent. 
  4. Promoting Kitchen. A lot of reports and tweets came out from the Cleveland beat writers that the offensive players starting with Baker truly improved under Kitchens. Hue and Haley came across as fake and acting like they were truly superior. Hue never lost an ounce of his ego, dude had no problem throwing players and coaches under the bus. Haley prolly carried himself like an a-hole cause of his past success with the Steelers. Everyone says Kitchen comes off very genuine and the offensive players really bought into that.  

NFC East is a 2 team race this season. Redskins may be able to make a run in 2020 depending on Haskins' progression. 

Eagles and Cowboys are the only two teams that should have realistic playoff aspirations. Wonder how you could've spent $500 better. Probably would have been better to bet on Guice rushing for 2000 yards.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Who btw, their starter hasn't won 1 single playoff game for that organization. Not to mention being injured the last 2 seasons. 

This ignorance is hilarious. 

The Eagles were a divisional dynasty in the early 2000s. They aren't right now. It's been quite some time since any team has very concretely dominated a division besides the Patriots.

19 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

NFC North= Completely up for grabs now. With Rodgers injuries & Head Coach change? I see this Division being a 3-team race between Packers, Bears & Lions. 2 of them with great QB's & 1 with an elite Defense. I honestly think any of these 3 could win the Division. Vikings have no shot with Cousins at QB. They won't even surpass a .500 record, although they have a talented roster. This Division is eerily similar to the NFC East.

You had me up until the point where you said the Lions, not the Vikings, were one of the 3 teams in the mix.

• Like 2

This doesn't include last 2 years.

BDNRdZIinnPWO5HVZFvvwOEjuvYGQla06_wfr9zj

Seems Packers and Broncos had some good dominance for a while, but as of the last few seasons there's been some significant parity.

2017-2018

Patriots-Patriots
Jaguars-Colts
Steelers-Ravens
Chiefs-Chiefs (I guess the Chiefs are actually starting a run, but the Chargers were hardly a slouch of a team last year.)

Eagles-Cowboys
Vikings-Bears
Saints-Saints
Rams-Rams

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think you missed the premise and point of my post but I'll give you a pass since you're obvioysly distracted with Guice's upcoming 2,000 yd campaign. 

On 5/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Is Cousins really that bad?  The Vikings won the division and went 13-3 with the likes of Case Keenum at QB.  I find it very difficult to believe that Cousins is much of a difference than Keenum was.  In fact, from what I saw last year, I think he is better.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, aceinthehouse said:

NFC West= The Rams are your Dynasty now, surpassing the Seahawks who were. Goff & McVay are gonna be nightmare's for NFC at large.

Not sold on Goff at QB. SF could be a challenger with Jimmy G, Kittle, and co.

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is Cousins really that bad?  The Vikings won the division and went 13-3 with the likes of Case Keenum at QB.  I find it very difficult to believe that Cousins is much of a difference than Keenum was.  In fact, from what I saw last year, I think he is better.

It's ace, he used to be in love with Cousins but as soon as it was evident Cousins was leaving it quickly turned into a hate boner.

Also to put it into perspective. He bet $500 on the Redskins winning the Super Bowl. and....

On 5/1/2019 at 12:21 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Throw him in there, while our team is healthy on the field.

It's the only way we're going to get a good look of what we have in our new Franchise QB.

Not late in the year, when half our team is injured.

Which means he plays week 1 vs Eagles.

Edited by Danger