Titans acquire DE David King

ttitansfan4life

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

He plays DL so more than likely taking Blackson's spot.

I had Blackson already gone.

But keep in mind, it might not be an outright replace player. Maybe add to the DL at the expense of another position. OL, LB's are where we have a "little" excess. 

Strange move this late into everything. Without any practices or games in between the trade and cut, one'd have to think he has a roster spot.

DL is already one of our deeper units and there's going to be a couple hard cuts here. 

Blackson is about as good as gone. I thought he was having a good off season and had forced him into my projected 53 as a 7th DL... Which I mentioned was in and of itself a stretch. But he had a good camp... Is King an upgrade here?

But if they go with 6 DL, there'll be another surprise cut... Casey is a guarantee... Williams is close to a guarantee as well with his 7M 1st year money... Johnson is as well as a 2nd year 2nd rounder... Jones is a fine starter, and would be a very good backup/rotational... Woods has been splitting at NT and has played well, pushing Williams to a good battle.

If they decide to go with 6 DL, fan favorite Klug would be the odd man out. Outside of Casey, Klug has been our best an most consistent interior rusher... So why bring in a journeyman with the same kinda game who's been less effective?

Strange move, but we'll see at who's expense it comes at in a few hours.

Archived