Raiders sign OG Richie Incognito

agarcia34

I wanted us to sign a Guard and DE before camp. Richie is low risk and proven vet. He signed for cheap so If he is a headcase we can move on... Good could still win the job if he is good enough.. competition is good.. we never replaced KO in the draft, so this is a good stop gap/or competition 

Edited by Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

You need a coherent, consistent vision/direction from leadership 

Gruden has shown an inability to say something and stick to it.  I did not pay attention to the off the field stuff the last time he was here so I do not know if this is something we should have expected.

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Gruden has shown an inability to say something and stick to it.  I did not pay attention to the off the field stuff the last time he was here so I do not know if this is something we should have expected.

Guards aren’t usually leaders... Carr is the leader in the huddle, Hudson is the leader of the offensive line. I’m sure they want Kolton and T Brown to be leaders too.. not everyone has to be a leader.. like my high school football coach said , just do your job 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tired of the double speak. Honestly drives my interest in the team down. You can’t go around saying you want high character guys with Incognito and Burfict on your roster.

I kind of agree, but I think the difference might be that they want to draft the high character guy's who will be with the team long term, and then these guy's are 1 year rentals to teach younger guy's and may not even make it through cuts.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I kind of agree, but I think the difference might be that they want to draft the high character guy's who will be with the team long term, and then these guy's are 1 year rentals to teach younger guy's and may not even make it through cuts.

Yeah, if these guys were signed in the beginning of FA then I would be more in @Silver&Black88 boat, but these are cast off, last minute guys we signed as fill in because we weren't able to address the positions like we wanted. Don't get me wrong, I' don't like them in general but it is what it is with team needs and 1 year deals.

Edited by NightTrainLane