Raiders sign OG Richie Incognito

agarcia34

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

K.O had the same mentality, not getting your point.

Incognito has it and is getting paid about 10 million less than KO.

I'm fine with this pickup as long as he just plays the game and nothing else.  If he goes the entire season without one off-field issue, and he plays great, then this was a great signing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm fine with this pickup as long as he just plays the game and nothing else.  If he goes the entire season without one off-field issue, and he plays great, then this was a great signing.

Be a bonus if he mentors Kolton 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I'm' fine with Incognito, my issue is with him insinuating that K.O didn't have a mean streak or was allowing cheap shots on Carr.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I'm' fine with Incognito, my issue is with him insinuating that K.O didn't have a mean streak or was allowing cheap shots on Carr.

Alright. Yeah KO was a mauler too. I don't agree with him losing weight though. 

I'm fine with the signing but fall under SB88's posts about leadership. I've read all 5 pages and see everyone's point. Even EA, I mean HB's points about mentoring and having Carr's back. Doubt Richie pulls a Barrett Robbins during the season so 1 year rental is fine by me...Gruden really isn't a LEADER in by my definition even if he is our HC. Taking RESPONSIBILITY is #1 trait in leadership so if it blows up in his face and Burfict and Iggycog start throwing haymakers in practice and Carr jumps in to break it up and gets killed, I'm sure Gruden will blame Reggie for drafting Carr and signing him when Murray was HIS GUY. LOL 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 10:38 AM, raidr4life said:

K.O had the same mentality, not getting your point.

KO was soft during his last two years here, lost all of that weight and wasn't the same player. Incognito was a Pro Bowler in 2015, 2016, and 2017. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

KO was soft during his last two years here, lost all of that weight and wasn't the same player. Incognito was a Pro Bowler in 2015, 2016, and 2017. 

I could be wrong but he was asked to loss the weight to fit our scheme.  Taking square pegs and trying to put them in round holes.  I am not happy about changing the blocking but hopefully they can get and coach up players that can excel in it.  I have limited knowledge about blocking and schemes but this I believe is similar to what we did with the DBs under Allen and JDR.

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I could be wrong but he was asked to loss the weight to fit our scheme.  Taking square pegs and trying to put them in round holes.  I am not happy about changing the blocking but hopefully they can get and coach up players that can excel in it.  I have limited knowledge about blocking and schemes but this I believe is similar to what we did with the DBs under Allen and JDR.

Yeah you are wrong. The coaches didn't ask him to lose the weight. He did it for for himself starting last offseason and keep going this offseason. Last year they were raving about him being in great shape. This off season there were grumbles that he might be too lite.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/7/28/17626170/while-rookie-kolton-miller-is-packing-on-weight-his-all-pro-linemate-kelechi-osemele-taking-it-off

18 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah you are wrong. The coaches didn't ask him to lose the weight. He did it for for himself starting last offseason and keep going this offseason. Last year they were raving about him being in great shape. This off season there were grumbles that he might be too lite.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/7/28/17626170/while-rookie-kolton-miller-is-packing-on-weight-his-all-pro-linemate-kelechi-osemele-taking-it-off

Looks like you are correct.  You would imagine a player like him discussing with the coaching staff and trainers before doing something like this.  If I have $10 million on the line I am not changing my toothpaste brand without getting an okay from my boss.

• Like 2

Osemele making a quality of life choice that will probably prolong his career. It was good to trade him to save cap and make a statement about performing up to pay. A move needed to be made for signing TB. Trent has two years before he finds out about that but next season is his big payday. 21 mil then more reasonable 13/15 numbers w/zero dead cap. Hopefully he's a wall that stonewalls the pass rush and pancakes on the run. Iggycog pay is the opposite of Browns so hopefully he's motivated but his weight loss/physical conditioning is applauded once on the team while KO's is frowned upon?!? Mirror mirror on the wall, no wonder other fans hate us all. LOL 

1 hour ago, G said:

Osemele making a quality of life choice that will probably prolong his career. It was good to trade him to save cap and make a statement about performing up to pay. A move needed to be made for signing TB. Trent has two years before he finds out about that but next season is his big payday. 21 mil then more reasonable 13/15 numbers w/zero dead cap. Hopefully he's a wall that stonewalls the pass rush and pancakes on the run. Iggycog pay is the opposite of Browns so hopefully he's motivated but his weight loss/physical conditioning is applauded once on the team while KO's is frowned upon?!? Mirror mirror on the wall, no wonder other fans hate us all. LOL 

The team only frowned on KO's this last offseason when his weight cut continued and went passed the point the team thought he would be effective and he balked at them asking him to put on weight. The season before when he came in between 307 and 315 they said he looked great and were happy he kept his strength.

Obviously, he went past that this year or proved during the year that the weight cut didn't help keep him healthy and conditioned to the teams standards.

Ritchie is a totally different scenario.

42 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Bottom line, KO was just average the last 2 years. That's the reason he's not here anymore.

This.

Guys didn't perform up to his contract the last two years plain and simple.

The compensation we received in return for him is all anyone needs to see for his value on the market.

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Bottom line, KO was just average the last 2 years. That's the reason he's not here anymore.

Very true, his play dropped off tremendously over the last 2 seasons.  His first few seasons were good but then average at best.  Incognito if he remains healthy and on the field will play at a pro bowl level.  I really like this move as he has been one of the top guards in football the last few years.

If he shows in camp that he is a distraction or if he is a shell of his former self he will be gone.  I highly doubt his game has fallen off much but you never know until he takes the field.