Raiders sign G Richie Incognito (One year deal)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Well, if they're void of talent and depth, it's because the Gruden got rid of it all last year.  And being 35 at guard may not be the end of the world, but it's certainly still standing at the edge of it with half of each foot off of it.  Being 35 at any position other than QB, in most situations, is just hanging on by a thread.  And for a guy who already appears to have been hit in the head too many times in his life probably should have quit at 32.    

You mean the abundance of incredible talent Reggie McKenzie accumulated over his tenure? I'm much happier with the state of our franchise with Mayock and Gruden at the helm than McKenzie and Del Rio, that's for sure.

You can't compare this year's projected roster to last and say we aren't substantially better. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Incognito, Burfict, Brown...Gruden's probably upset Pacman retired.     

Jonathan Martin signing would complete the rivalry angle lol.  

I’ll give Gruden credit - he’s unafraid to take character risks.   Instead of trying to build a super team he’s going Suicide Squad.   Hopefully for him it does better than with DC movies.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What do they all have in common? They've been damn good players in recent history. When you're void of talent and depth like the Raiders are, you take risks to compete.

I'm all for this signing. He's in amazing shape and is a major upgrade at LG for us if he keeps his head on straight.

Not saying you're wrong...just that Gruden doesn't seem to be worried about character issues.

25 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not saying you're wrong...just that Gruden doesn't seem to be worried about character issues.

As far as FA and trades go, absolutely. But most of the acquisitions with issues (Brown, Burfict, Incognito) are viewed as short-term fixes more or less. Where as the draft we took purely high character guys to be long-term players and foundational pieces.

Essentially I think Mayock wants good character guys above anything else, and Gruden is willing to roll the dice on questionable talents to simply win now.

This is a return to the Silver and Black of old.  The ol' Just Win Baby, Raiders.  Incognito fits that bill perfectly.  Will Raiders once again be the most penalized team in the league like they used to be? It probably will fail miserably, but if you're Jon Gruden and Mark Davis why not try what worked before. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Please please please be on hard knocks.

yeah, this was my first thought as well. They just locked themselves into Hard Knocks.

@RaidersAreOne there is more risk with this signing than you are saying. He is psychotic and could easily cause some problems in the locker room that last longer than his tenure with the Raiders. That is the risk with signing him, not the money or anything along those lines. 

EDIT: I mean, look at what happened in Miami. (To be fair I read their text messages and it did seem like the two guys were friends on some level, but those are texts)

Edited by N4L