Raiders sign G Richie Incognito (One year deal)

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If Richie is like, on medication for his personality disorder then maybe this could work. But if he isn't, or if he goes off his meds? All it takes is one incident.

I'm picturing a 3 stooges episode where Jon Gruden starts slipping clozapine into the Chinese food in the facility and Mark Davis ends up running around naked trying to dodge the rain cloud that won't stop following him.

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Interesting signing. Guy has plenty of talent but seems to be a bit of a headcase. We'll have to see how it pans out.

Hopefully, it pans out to him not snapping on the field or in the Raiders weight room

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/05/bills-richie-incognito-psychiatric-hold

Edited by nflfbjunkie

While it's a no-risk move financially (as any suspension/penalty, the $ is returned to the team for the prorated portion), it's worth noting even Mayock acknowledges that Incognito could face league discipline for last year's events (drug testing or personal conduct given the arrests, the one that's notable for personal conduct where he threatened to shoot staff at a funeral home last year).

Edited by Broncofan

59 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm picturing a 3 stooges episode where Jon Gruden starts slipping clozapine into the Chinese food in the facility and Mark Davis ends up running around naked trying to dodge the rain cloud that won't stop following him.

So you picture dudes running around naked in your mind.... okay buddy 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You mean the abundance of incredible talent Reggie McKenzie accumulated over his tenure? I'm much happier with the state of our franchise with Mayock and Gruden at the helm than McKenzie and Del Rio, that's for sure.

You can't compare this year's projected roster to last and say we aren't substantially better. 

I'd certainly have more faith in Mayock than Gruden.  Gruden has always been a mess and has never shown to be a good judge of talent no matter where he's been and gets worse the longer he is there.  Mayock, at least to me, is far more objective and able to see the big picture.  If Gruden can stick to just coaching, maybe he'll be okay.  But, that's a big maybe, because he tends to annoy players the longer he's there too.  

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Who's this meatball?

Best to ignore him. Raider homer who's been banned several times and changed user names.

I honestly just hope for Richie's sake, he's in a good place with his mental health. It's no laughing matter and hopefully he's gotten it sorted out.

• Like 1