Todd Gurley's future

MightyMouse07

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Is his knee stable or degenerating is the factor that you are missing.

I agree and the thing is we will know over time because the Rams will keep track of that and Im sure they already know. Thats why I said they are good at managing their players. Why do you think over the past I dont know many seasons, the Rams have the least amount of guys on the IR or in general just missing games due to injury? Its not all luck its the Rams have a great medical staff, strength and conditioning coach, and the McVay knows how to push his players and back off of his players in terms of practices and in games. 

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree and the thing is we will know over time because the Rams will keep track of that and Im sure they already know. Thats why I said they are good at managing their players. Why do you think over the past I dont know many seasons, the Rams have the least amount of guys on the IR or in general just missing games due to injury? Its not all luck its the Rams have a great medical staff, strength and conditioning coach, and the McVay knows how to push his players and back off of his players in terms of practices and in games. 

They could have the best drs and training staff, but osteoarthritis doesnt have a cure as far as I know. They might get every drop of football left in Gurley better than others but that's it.

Gurley is great but I’m not too worried about him from a Rams perspective even assuming the worst.  I think they’d be fine if he never played another down, but I’m pretty high on his backups.  

It is very possible I’m undervaluing his affect on play action, but I think Goff building off of last year is much more important.

As a Rams fan hoping for the best but still being realistic, let me just say that I'll be trying to get Darrell Henderson in all of my fantasy football leagues this year. Take that however you will..

Edited by jjab360

1 hour ago, Malik said:

Future? They're going to run that man in the ground for the next 2 season then cut him.

You mean like the Cowboys are about to do with Zeke? Steelers planned on doing with Bell? Wouldn't be the first time.

I tore a ligament in my ankle and got early arthritis from it. It's no joke but he has world class trainers and doctors to help him. I can see him sharing carries but he's going to be worn down by the end of the season. Honestly, as mentally tough as it would be, he should retire with the money he's made and let the Rams move on.

7 hours ago, Malik said:

Future? They're going to run that man in the ground for the next 2 season then cut him.

8 million dead cap in 2021 and 4 million in 2022. So one of those 2 years he'll get cut. Still think he needs serious load management even if they intend to only have him for 2-3 more years. I don't think he can even hold up for 1 full season anymore with a heavy workload.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:49 AM, game3525 said:

I wonder if that treatment Kobe got in Germany is legal in the NFL? Kobe's knee was pretty screwed up in 2011 and he got that treatment and squeezed out another couple of years of high level play before blowing out his achilles. It might be something Gurley should look into. 

Gurley has access to some of the best docs and best treatments in LA via the Kerlan- Jobe clinic. The NFL allows autologous cell therapies, not sure about some of the other treatments. In some cases, MDs can initiate the procedure even if it hasn't been approved in the US yet
With the autologous cell work: They take your own cells out, manipulate them to increase/stimulate healing powers and then re-inject at the site of injury

https://kerlanjobe.org/services/regenerative-medicine/

It does not matter how good the trainers are if he sees this a chance to get back at the establishment. (search YouTube for his own words on this)

• He has 22 million from last year, 5 million for this year, and 13 million for next year already guaranteed even if his knee hurts too much to ever play full time again.
    • 40 million for 1 year of play and another year or two of just not feeling right on IR is a pretty sweet deal.

His incentive to push himself past pain and to risk further injury is that he might not get cut before 2021 when the team again has the power over him?

He walks away with 50+ million earned before endorsements at age 26 or 27.

That 40 million is 100% earned right now. Any play time he puts in over the next 2 years is pretty much for free. He won't earn an extra cent until 2021.

Great contract

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1