OTAs

Thaiphoon

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Discuss our OTAs and minicamps here.

1) Sweat signed his deal today.

2) Only Mclaurin remains unsigned. Which is a bad thing considering he has a golden opportunity given who our #1 & #2 are.

Someone posted something on twitter about it's always 3rd rounders that seem to be last because there is more flexibility in their contract language to work through. 

• Like 1

I've been hearing good things about Moreland, I think he had 3 picks and a pick 6 one day.

Also, our young WRs seem to be impressing. McLaurin has looked good and all the best reporters are saying that Can Simms continues to impress like he did last camp and preseason - he caught a 50 or 60-yard pass from Keenum today. I haven't heard who they've been matched up against while they are making these plays.

The front 5/7 is dominating our OL which is to be expected with most of our starting OL missing, but it's not a good sign for depth. The QBs apparently are having a hard time even running the offense bc the DL/OLBs have been so dominant. Again, good sign for our DL but an awful sign for our OL and passing game bc of that.

From what I've heard, Keenum is winning the QB battle early but while Haskins has been up and down - like most rookies - he has shown tools and natural throwing ability that no Redskins QB has shown in a long, long time.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41066552-4 

Leftover observations from minicamp: 1) The Redskins absolutely need Trent Williams back, which should be obvious. It's very hard to measure the play of the OL or DL without pads, but it's hard to imagine Ereck Flowers being a viable option at this point. I'm not sold on him as a LG, but we'll see more in camp; poor technique at one spot doesn't turn into good technique at another. But we'll learn more in August. 2) Rookie QB Dwayne Haskins makes some throws that reveal his special arm talent; and then other times he'll fail to get his feet turned to make a throw under duress, leading to poor throws. The key for him will be quickening his reads to give his feet more time to turn. Sometimes those throws, even with his feet turned elsewhere, work. Sometimes. But the talent is obvious. 3) Trey Quinn didn't practice Thursday, but overall seems to have had a good spring. He'll be a factor; he's tough. But they will need to see who can back him up. They have young options, but all unproven. 4) I've enjoyed watching Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. He's a smart, savvy vet who will make others better. If a receiver does not sell a certain route, he will not bite. That's good for the young wideouts, such as Terry McLaurin. Coaches will focus on his ability to change speeds to con the corner. Rodgers-Cromartie isn't easily fooled. Entering camp, he appears to be someone who can have a range of value – as a mentor and someone who shares information with offensive guys (including Haskins). He can play slot corner and outside and will rotate to safety in various coverages (no, not full-time).

• Like 3