Actually, @MikeT14 listed names: 

Specifically (the others are more likely ILBs):

• Andrew Ankrah
  • BJ Blunt
  • Jordan Brailford
  • Marquis Flowers
  • Cassanova McKinzy
  • Marcus Smith

Marcus Smith would be the one I would be watching out for if I were Ryan Anderson. Interesting aside about him: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/marcus-smith-got-kind-raw-deal-eagles

That sounds like a familiar story ...

Keep in mind Smith was a former first round draft pick. At the same time, in limited playing time, he managed 6.5 sacks in three years (two with Philadelphia, one with Seattle). That would be 4.5 more than Anderson has in his career.

The other two I would be worried about (but to a lesser extent) would be Cassanova McKinzy (was on the practice squad and briefly on the active roster) and Jordan Brailford (Washington under Allen likes to have his draft picks make the roster(*)).

(*) Only draft picks not to make the Opening Day roster since 2015:

• 6.06 (182) Tevin Mitchel (they tried to get him through waivers to IR, but the Colts claimed him)
    • 6.11 (187) Even Spencer (they did get him through waivers to IR, but then cut him with an injury settlement)
    • 7.05 (222) Austin Reiter (signed to practice squad a month in)
    • 7.11 (232) Steven Daniels (tore his labrum in training camp and was put on IR)
    • 7.21 (242) Keith Marshall (put on IR before season began)
    • 6.25 (209) Robert Davis (cut before season, put on practice squad)
    • 2.27 (59) Derrius Guice (placed on IR)

So, only Austin Reiter and Robert Davis didn't make the roster for a reason other than injury. Now, Brailford's a late pick, so it's no guarantee, but at the same time, they've seemingly tried to keep their guys from hitting the waiver wire and having them poached.

Ok you worry about the Eagles 1st round bust, I won't. He's basically another Flowers IMO. 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. It is his choice.

But you're still focused on the starting job.

He needs to worry about being replaced as a backup by those who might be coming in and showing out. And doing it with the reps he wouldve taken.

We're saying its not smart.

You guys are saying "well it's voluntary". As if that absence is gonna protect him from getting Pipped

Replaced by someone you can't name!!! What Backup is taking Anderson current backup role? Give me a name. The Eagles former Busted 1st round pick isn't a threat to Anderson nethier is Brialford at this momment! 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, Thaiphoon said:

You literally arent understanding the point we are making. And you're erecting a strawman in the process.

@Wozand my entire point isnt the one youre complaining about above...that

"he didnt come to voluntary workouts...so cut him."

We never said that.

Our position is; 

"uh...guy...you are already on thin ice as it is. We already wanted to move on from you because youve shown us jack squat. So if you choose to not be here and cede playing to to other guys, then you're taking the chance that those other guys are gonna show up and THEY...through their play...put you out of a job. So if you're comfortable taking that chance, then dont complain if you do lose your job to the guy who took your reps during voluntary meetings and showed out."

In essence...Anderson is potentially Wally Pipping himself.

He's on Thin Ice in your book, but not from anyone who is making actaul roster moves for the organization! 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Ryan's contract puts him in a position to stay because of the low hit. A chance to prove himself. Let's see if he does it.

giphy.gif

Ryan Anderson has the fourth highest cap number of all of the linebackers on the roster:

1. Ryan Kerrigan = $13.950M
  2. Mason Foster = $4.250M
  3. Montez Sweat = $2.117M
  4. Ryan Anderson = $1.452M
  5. Reuben Foster = $1.286M
  6. Marquis Flowers = $0.805M
  7. Marcus Smith = $0.805M
  8. Josh Harvey-Clemsons = $0.666M
  9. Shaun-Dion Hamilton = $0.608M
  10. Cassanova McKinzy = $0.570M
  11. Cole Holcomb = $0.554M
  12. Jordan Brailford = $0.514M
  13. Bryan "BJ" Blunt = $0.500M
  14. Andrew Ankrah = $0.495M

With Jon Bostic's cap number unknown, but probably vet min (or possibly a vet min special deal). That would likely put him in the 6-8 range.

So, while it isn't a large contract, there are cheaper options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok you worry about the Eagles 1st round bust, I won't. He's basically another Flowers IMO. 

One would think Smith might serve as a warning sign, but ... *shrugs*

If nothing else, Smith understand the importance of voluntary OTAs first hand.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Let's focus on something else.

Any word on Parham? I'm intrigued by this guy.

giphy.gif

(yes I went and looked him up ... going to have a bit of a tough climb with Flanagan and Holtz nominally ahead of him in terms of them having been around Ashburn the past couple of years)

28 minutes ago, Woz said:

giphy.gif

So, while it isn't a large contract, there are cheaper options.

Sure, and good post, but in and of itself, his hit on it's own isn't bad. So they could conceivably keep him to see if he takes the next step.

Replaced by someone you can't name!!! What Backup is taking Anderson current backup role? Give me a name. The Eagles former Busted 1st round pick isn't a threat to Anderson nethier is Brialford at this momment! 

Asked and answered...multiple times.

It's amazing that you still dont have any inkling of actually understanding the point that I, @Woz and @MikeT14 are saying.

We've explained it over 10 times now. And so far not even a wisp of a shadow of understanding of our point from you.

Do yourself a favor and google Wally Pipp. 

Here's a bit of help since you cant be bothered to use Google...

He was a pretty darned good baseball player who rarely missed a game in 10 years. 

Until he sat out a game and some guy named Gehrig, who nobody saw coming (sound familiar?), started his position one day. And all Gehrig did after that day was to go and set a MLB record for consecutive games started...2,130 games. Pipp never got his starting job back. Because he missed ONE game and Gehrig (who again, no one saw coming) played well in his absence.

There...now, I'm done spoon feeding. If you dont understand the point by now...

He's on Thin Ice in your book, but not from anyone who is making actaul roster moves for the organization! 

At this point, I'm convinced Imperial Stormtroopers miss less in the entire SW trilogies than you have here while missing our point.

Asked and answered.

If you dont understand the point, re-read the posts over the last few days.

I'm done spoon feeding and wasting time on a circular argument that is the equivalent of talking to "5 Second Bob" from "50 First Dates"

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Exactly. It's why we didn't go and trade a future pick to move up to dra-

Crap.

Sweat is the Starter, Anderson is the backup!!! Damn what's so hard about that. Bridgewater had a opportunity to Start for the Dolphins but choose to stay Brees backup so understand everyone doesn't think like YOU. No one on this team currently is a threat to Andersons backup role. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Sweat is the Starter, Anderson is the backup!!! Damn what's so hard about that. Bridgewater had a opportunity to Start for the Dolphins but choose to stay Brees backup so understand everyone doesn't think like YOU. No one on this team currently is a threat to Andersons backup role

1) Wasting a 2nd round pick on an under-performing player who is a backup.

2) Thankfully not everyone thinks like you too.

3) Probably not, but then again, Wally Pipp xD

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Asked and answered...multiple times.

It's amazing that you still dont have any inkling of actually understanding the point that I, @Woz and @MikeT14 are saying.

We've explained it over 10 times now. And so far not even a wisp of a shadow of understanding of our point from you.

Do yourself a favor and google Wally Pipp. 

Here's a bit of help since you cant be bothered to use Google...

He was a pretty darned good baseball player who rarely missed a game in 10 years. 

Until he sat out a game and some guy named Gehrig, who nobody saw coming (sound familiar?), started his position one day. And all Gehrig did after that day was to go and set a MLB record for consecutive games started...2,130 games. Pipp never got his starting job back. Because he missed ONE game and Gehrig (who again, no one saw coming) played well in his absence.

There...now, I'm done spoon feeding. If you dont understand the point by now...

When Anderson is the Backup, what will you say then?