OTAs

Thaiphoon

10 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This topic was all turtle for two pages in a month 10 and going for Ryan Anderson and not even a mention of Sweat ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Shhhh...we'll get to him! We first have to talk about our backup OLB for another 10 pages.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Shhhh...we'll get to him! We first have to talk about our backup OLB for another 10 pages.

Redskins post to back to relevance!!! Itโ€™s a bold strategy cotton letโ€™s see how it pays off for them๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Now the Redskins are the only team who miss on picks!

You asked how any of usย will respond if Anderson makes the team as a backup(*). I said it would be sad that our 2017 2nd round pick would only be a backup. I never said anything about them missing on picks or that "only the Redskins!" or some such.

You seem to enjoyย reading into things that aren't there.

We have twoย 1st round picks on the team who were drafted by teams in our same division.

One of whom (Flowers) should never have been here to begin with and the other may beย directly competing with Anderson for a job.

That all said, your point is ... what, exactly? That they've picked up a pair of rehab projects on the chance they give the team something and that means ... what for Anderson? That they're bad at judging talent (which extends to Anderson)? Is that where you're going with that? I'm honestly confused.

So while it may be sad it happens and not just here so deal with it.

"Oh lord ... my life is shook!! They'll keep Anderson?! NONONONONONONOOOOOOooooooooo!!!"

Is that how you think I'm reacting here?

It's more: "Don't get why a guy who has underperformed for two years is letting a chance at a starting role slip through his fingers because he didn't think it necessary to show up to voluntary organizations. Oh well. They'll likely replace him in a year or so."

ย 

ย 

Oh, one other thing:

Dude get out of here!

I cannot leave. It is my lot in life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woz said:

You asked how any of usย will respond if Anderson makes the team as a backup(*). I said it would be sad that our 2017 2nd round pick would only be a backup. I never said anything about them missing on picks or that "only the Redskins!" or some such.

You seem to enjoyย reading into things that aren't there.

One of whom (Flowers) should never have been here to begin with and the other may beย directly competing with Anderson for a job.

That all said, your point is ... what, exactly? That they've picked up a pair of rehab projects on the chance they give the team something and that means ... what for Anderson? That they're bad at judging talent (which extends to Anderson)? Is that where you're going with that? I'm honestly confused.

"Oh lord ... my life is shook!! They'll keep Anderson?! NONONONONONONOOOOOOooooooooo!!!"

Is that how you think I'm reacting here?

It's more: "Don't get why a guy who has underperformed for two years is letting a chance at a starting role slip through his fingers because he didn't think it necessary to show up to voluntary organizations. Oh well. They'll likely replace him in a year or so."

ย 

ย 

Oh, one other thing:

I cannot leave. It is my lot in life.

You want another 10 pages I guess. Once again blame the Skins for selecting Anderson that high while still having Galette and Smith on the team when Anderson was 1st drafted. Both those guy got more time on the field than him. His second year he was behind Smith and only saw the field I believe 16% of the time the D was on the field. Give Andserson some credit for his ability to play on the offense and Special Teams as well. He missed Voluntary Activities but participated in eveything else this offseason. You saying he should be worried about the former Eagles 1st round pick is like saying Wes Martin should be worried about Flowers. Obviously we disagree so let it go. All will be proven when he actaully does make the team and is right behind Kerrigan and Sweat as I have said all along. You have 2 former 1st round picks fighting for just a roster spot on the team but are so down on Anderson because he might not be a Starter in the league. He at least has contributed more as a 2nd round pick than both Flowers and Smith as 1st round picks. Also again with Sweats ability to rush from the inside you could make a package with Anderson, Sweat, Shawn-Hamilton, and Kerrigan all on the field together.

Last thing let's make sure Sweat actually beats Anderson in Training Camp and Preseason and isn't just handed the job to save Gruden like what might happen with Haskins.ย 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Once again blame the Skins for selecting Anderson that high while still having Galette and Smith on the team when Anderson was 1st drafted.

I don't blame Washington for selecting Anderson when there were other guys in front of him. That's call thinking ahead and establishing a pipeline so that if/when those players go, you won't be forced to pay them.

Iย doย blame them for selecting Anderson over Zach Cunningham, a much better prospect (and now shown to be a much better player).

Give Andserson some credit for his ability to play on the offense and Special Teams as well.

A handful of snaps as a fullback and an okay ST guy. Okay. Clap.

You have 2 former 1st round picks fighting for just a roster spot on the team but are so down on Anderson because he might not be a Starter in the league.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up Flowers, as he plays on the other side of the ball. He's a bum and shouldn't be here.

That said, I'm down on Anderson because A) he's a 2nd round pick and isn't living up to anywhere close to that billing, and B) he doesn't seem to care about that.

He at least has contributed more as a 2nd round pick than both Flowers and Smith as 1st round picks.

Smith = 4.5 sacks (3 years in PHI)
Anderson = 2.0 sacks (2 years in WAS)

So, not quite. Yes, Anderson has more tackles, but as you pointed out, he plays on special teams.

Also again with Sweats ability to rush from the inside you could make a package with Anderson, Sweat, Shawn-Hamilton, and Kerrigan all on the field together.

That's an incredibly unlikely lineup.

Last thing let's make sure Sweat actually beats Anderson in Training Camp and Preseason and isn't just handed the job to save Gruden like what might happen with Haskins.

Oh, so now Anderson is going to be competing for the starting gig again? I thought he was just going to be a backup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

ย Also again with Sweats ability to rush from the inside you could make a package with Anderson, Sweat, Shawn-Hamilton, and Kerrigan all on the field together.

I hope Manusky is smarter than to take Payne, Allen, OR Ioniaddis (I know I destroyed the spelling) off the field for Ryan Anderson.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I don't blame Washington for selecting Anderson when there were other guys in front of him. That's call thinking ahead and establishing a pipeline so that if/when those players go, you won't be forced to pay them.

Iย doย blame them for selecting Anderson over Zach Cunningham, a much better prospect (and now shown to be a much better player).

A handful of snaps as a fullback and an okay ST guy. Okay. Clap.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up Flowers, as he plays on the other side of the ball. He's a bum and shouldn't be here.

That said, I'm down on Anderson because A) he's a 2nd round pick and isn't living up to anywhere close to that billing, and B) he doesn't seem to care about that.

Smith = 4.5 sacks (3 years in PHI)
Anderson = 2.0 sacks (2 years in WAS)

So, not quite. Yes, Anderson has more tackles, but as you pointed out, he plays on special teams.

That's an incredibly unlikely lineup.

Oh, so now Anderson is going to be competing for the starting gig again? I thought he was just going to be a backup.

Just agree to disagree.

21 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

You want another 10 pages I guess. Once again blame the Skins for selecting Anderson that high while still having Galette and Smith on the team when Anderson was 1st drafted. Both those guy got more time on the field than him. His second year he was behind Smith and only saw the field I believe 16% of the time the D was on the field. Give Andserson some credit for his ability to play on the offense and Special Teams as well. He missed Voluntary Activities but participated in eveything else this offseason. You saying he should be worried about the former Eagles 1st round pick is like saying Wes Martin should be worried about Flowers. Obviously we disagree so let it go. All will be proven when he actaully does make the team and is right behind Kerrigan and Sweat as I have said all along. You have 2 former 1st round picks fighting for just a roster spot on the team but are so down on Anderson because he might not be a Starter in the league. He at least has contributed more as a 2nd round pick than both Flowers and Smith as 1st round picks. Also again with Sweats ability to rush from the inside you could make a package with Anderson, Sweat, Shawn-Hamilton, and Kerrigan all on the field together.

Last thing let's make sure Sweat actually beats Anderson in Training Camp and Preseason and isn't just handed the job to save Gruden like what might happen with Haskins.ย 

Ryan Anderson is what this thread has become?ย 

Image result for madea gifs

There are much more interesting people to talk about in this thread about OTA's than our star FB Ryan Anderson. He was drafted way too early and will likely be a career back up. So what. I am glad that the Skins let Smith walk at 10M a year for the Packers. Sweat is more dynamic and quicker. He should get over 10 sacks this year.ย 

Move on to more pressing matters than Ryan Anderson. Montez Sweat is miles ahead of Anderson and should be the starter whether earned or given.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Ryan Anderson is what this thread has become?ย 

Image result for madea gifs

There are much more interesting people to talk about in this thread about OTA's than our star FB Ryan Anderson. He was drafted way too early and will likely be a career back up. So what. I am glad that the Skins let Smith walk at 10M a year for the Packers. Sweat is more dynamic and quicker. He should get over 10 sacks this year.ย 

Move on to more pressing matters than Ryan Anderson. Montez Sweat is miles ahead of Anderson and should be the starter whether earned or given.ย 

So with that opinion please don't Tell Me or Him HE MUST SHOW UP FOR VOLUNTARY ACTIVITIES. Wether or not he does the extra work or not you've made your mind up as to who will Start and who will be Given more opportunities to start.ย