OTAs

Thaiphoon

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So with that opinion please don't Tell Me or Him HE MUST SHOW UP FOR VOLUNTARY ACTIVITIES. Wether or not he does the extra work or not you've made your mind up as to who will Start and who will be Given more opportunities to start. 

Absolutely. People have forgotten about Ryan Anderson, because he is forgettable. And if the FO thought that Anderson was the next guy up, then they would not have traded BACK into the first round to grab Sweat. If you are that confident in Anderson, then you don't trade up to get Sweat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

Absolutely. People have forgotten about Ryan Anderson, because he is forgettable. And if the FO thought that Anderson was the next guy up, then they would not have traded BACK into the first round to grab Sweat. If you are that confident in Anderson, then you don't trade up to get Sweat. 

They also don't load up at that position outside of the draft either. 

Like I said, right now this is an intelligence test. Will Ryan make the 53 man roster? I dunno. I don't have a crystal ball. But the fact that the team thought so highly of him that they literally brought a load of players in at his position doesn't engender confidence. And given that, voluntarily giving up reps to the guys they are bringing in to potentially take your job, isn't a smart thing to do.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, Woz said:

Oh, so now Anderson is going to be competing for the starting gig again? I thought he was just going to be a backup.

He's gonna do everything. Start, backup, 3rd string, cut/traded. He's an everyman who doesn't need to worry about giving up reps to the young guys coming for his spot. He's got that thing all locked up and has had it all locked up since he was drafted in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's gonna do everything. Start, backup, 3rd string, cut/traded. He's an everyman who doesn't need to worry about giving up reps to the young guys coming for his spot. He's got that thing all locked up and has had it all locked up since he was drafted in the 2nd round.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

21 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The interesting thing about that throw is his feet were wrong there. That was all arm and torso. Once this guy fixes his feet, wow...(*)

(*) yes I know not all throws can be made with perfect form

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

The interesting thing about that throw is his feet were wrong there. That was all arm and torso. Once this guy fixes his feet, wow...(*)

(*) yes I know now all throws cant be made with perfect form

Scouting him like I’m a huge believer in feet god this guys feet are frustrating and then he’d still wow you!!! Or you’d be like please just fix that. This guy has a huge tool box it seems but those feet bother me!! But Terry is going to be fun to watch here I think Harmon shines too. I’m not talking early but I think these guys both shine

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I hadn't noticed it until you said it, but the fact that the video image is paused with him looking like a toddler that needs to go to the bathroom ... (*)

(*) and yes, I realize that's just an artifact of when it was paused, but still funny :D

3 hours ago, Woz said:

I hadn't noticed it until you said it, but the fact that the video image is paused with him looking like a toddler that needs to go to the bathroom ... (*)

(*) and yes, I realize that's just an artifact of when it was paused, but still funny :D

I've seen it mentioned that he has a slight case of Knock Knees (or Inverted Knees).  Shouldn't affect him much physically. 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:36 PM, ripsean21 said:

Scouting him like I’m a huge believer in feet god this guys feet are frustrating and then he’d still wow you!!! Or you’d be like please just fix that. This guy has a huge tool box it seems but those feet bother me!! But Terry is going to be fun to watch here I think Harmon shines too. I’m not talking early but I think these guys both shine

Whatever floats your boat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsNMPsVjIbYM_wMy2x5Eb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Whatever floats your boat

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsNMPsVjIbYM_wMy2x5Eb

I guess but I don't get the foot thing -- all those other interesting .... things .

But we digress ! Heck, Mahomes looks and faces right and throws blindly across his body to back to the left .  I hate messing with natural ( things 9_9 ) err, tendencies.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:21 PM, Thaiphoon said:

They also don't load up at that position outside of the draft either. 

Like I said, right now this is an intelligence test. Will Ryan make the 53 man roster? I dunno. I don't have a crystal ball. But the fact that the team thought so highly of him that they literally brought a load of players in at his position doesn't engender confidence. And given that, voluntarily giving up reps to the guys they are bringing in to potentially take your job, isn't a smart thing to do.

Who else did the Redskins sign/draft high profile this offseason but Montez Sweat - which was a no brainer move w/ top 5 talent - who could beat out Ryan Anderson for a roster spot?

What load of players?

Marquis Flowers and UDFA in 2014 who's done a little in the NFL in 4 years but mostly is just a special teams guy ? A 7th round pick in Brailford or an UDFA from 2016 in Mckinzy?

Not exactly a load of talent/players who could keep Anderson from making the team except Sweat who may keep Anderson from starting or at least keep Anderson from getting most of the reps on passing downs.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Most impressive things continues to be Terry McLaurin. What a grab!

• Like 1