OTAs

Thaiphoon

On 6/15/2019 at 6:19 PM, mike23md said:

Absolutely. People have forgotten about Ryan Anderson, because he is forgettable. And if the FO thought that Anderson was the next guy up, then they would not have traded BACK into the first round to grab Sweat. If you are that confident in Anderson, then you don't trade up to get Sweat. 

Well obviously they needed an upgrade at ROLB after losing Preston Smith. Anderson isn't a good fit at ROLB where he’d have to beat LTs regularly.

I don't think he's ”forgetable” though. Anderson will make the team and be a core part of the special teams. I think he’ll have more of an impact this year than he did his first two when he was stuck behind two established vets.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:04 PM, turtle28 said:

Who else did the Redskins sign/draft high profile this offseason but Montez Sweat - which was a no brainer move w/ top 5 talent - who could beat out Ryan Anderson for a roster spot?

What load of players?

Marquis Flowers and UDFA in 2014 who's done a little in the NFL in 4 years but mostly is just a special teams guy ? A 7th round pick in Brailford or an UDFA from 2016 in Mckinzy?

Not exactly a load of talent/players who could keep Anderson from making the team except Sweat who may keep Anderson from starting or at least keep Anderson from getting most of the reps on passing downs.

Asked and answered.

Literally a dozen times already. 

Go back through the threads. I'm not going to rehash the rehash of the repeat of the saying-again of the restatement.

I'm.just.not

Oh...and just by asking the question above, you've revealed that you've completely missed the point we are making.

But, please. By all means, engage in "Groundhog Day" all by yourself. I won't join you.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 8:04 PM, turtle28 said:

Who else did the Redskins sign/draft high profile this offseason but Montez Sweat - which was a no brainer move w/ top 5 talent - who could beat out Ryan Anderson for a roster spot?

What load of players?

Marquis Flowers and UDFA in 2014 who's done a little in the NFL in 4 years but mostly is just a special teams guy ? A 7th round pick in Brailford or an UDFA from 2016 in Mckinzy?

Not exactly a load of talent/players who could keep Anderson from making the team except Sweat who may keep Anderson from starting or at least keep Anderson from getting most of the reps on passing downs.

They hate Anderson or think he's underperformed as a 2nd round pick but forget the lack or real opportunity he's had to contribute. Also the contribution he gives when in games. As of now Our list of OLB ranking would be Kerrigan, Sweat, than Anderson. While he might not live up to a 2nd round starter pick, he could be a great situational guy IMO. Espeically with the job maybe just being given to Sweat oppose to a real competition bewtween Sweat and Anderson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

They hate Anderson or think he's underperformed as a 2nd round pick but forget the lack or real opportunity he's had to contribute. Also the contribution he gives when in games. As of now Our list of OLB ranking would be Kerrigan, Sweat, than Anderson. While he might not live up to a 2nd round starter pick, he could be a great situational guy IMO. Espeically with the job maybe just being given to Sweat oppose to a real competition bewtween Sweat and Anderson.

I agree but I still think that if we didn't have Kerrigan that Anderson would be our starting LOLB. I'm not shocked that they don't view him as a starting ROLB, but I think he fits as a LOLB pretty well as he's more of a force in the run game than the passing game. Anyone who's being honest knows when we drafted him he wasn't going to get many snaps behind Kerrigan and Smith and then we had the opportunity to get Sweat which was a no brainer bc we got a top 5 pass rushing talent - probably a better pass pure rusher than anyone we’ve had since Bruce Smith, just talent wise - with the 26th pick, that was too good to pass up.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree but I still think that if we didn't have Kerrigan that Anderson would be our starting LOLB. I'm not shocked that they don't view him as a starting ROLB, but I think he fits as a LOLB pretty well as he's more of a force in the run game than the passing game. Anyone who's being honest knows when we drafted him he wasn't going to get many snaps behind Kerrigan and Smith and then we had the opportunity to get Sweat which was a no brainer bc we got a top 5 pass rushing talent - probably a better pass pure rusher than anyone we’ve had since Bruce Smith, just talent wise - with the 26th pick, that was too good to pass up.

When they drafted Anderson, they also had Galette on the team. I don't care if he starts or not but I would like to see him get more opportunities now with Smith and Galette gone. Also Sweat and Anderson should battle it out in Training Camp and Preseason to see who actually starts opposite of Kerrigan. I don't want any Rookie just handed a job. 

14 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

In what situation would it be better to have Ryan Anderson on the field over Montez Sweat?  That's not meant as a joke either.  Like I legitimately can't think of a situation where I would want Ryan Anderson on the field over Sweat.   

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

In what situation would it be better to have Ryan Anderson on the field over Montez Sweat?  That's not meant as a joke either.  Like I legitimately can't think of a situation where I would want Ryan Anderson on the field over Sweat.   

There’s not one!!!!!

• Like 3

“Practices there are a little bit rougher than here. We do a lot of banging around there, so it definitely prepared me physically and mentally for this grind that I’m doing now.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/washington-redskins-rookie-linebacker-ryan-anderson-training-camp-alabama-football-nick-saban

with his limits athletically- he needs more intense preparation and training he won’t get in Camp Gruden. He’s a depth guy and special teamer which = bust for where he was drafted 

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

“Practices there are a little bit rougher than here. We do a lot of banging around there, so it definitely prepared me physically and mentally for this grind that I’m doing now.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/washington-redskins-rookie-linebacker-ryan-anderson-training-camp-alabama-football-nick-saban

with his limits athletically- he needs more intense preparation and training he won’t get in Camp Gruden. He’s a depth guy and special teamer which = bust for where he was drafted 

Shhhh...he's fantastic! He definitely will always have his spot locked up for as long as he wants.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Sweats skills to rush from the Inside (Standing Up) adds versatility to how he can be used. 

RLOB- Anderson, ILB Sweat, ILB Hamilton, LOLB Kerrigan

RDE Allen DT Payne LDE The Greek Freak

This is a situational formation where the offense doesn't know where the blitz could come from and would really need excellent pass protection to stop all that pass rush coming their way. How are you stopping that rush? 

Edited by Skins212689

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Shhhh...he's fantastic! He definitely will always have his spot locked up for as long as he wants.

No one ever said that. Once again blame who ever drafted him in the 2nd round, but you don't just let the talent he does possess go to waste. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 7:57 PM, Skins212689 said:

Sweats skills to rush from the Inside (Standing Up) adds versatility to how he can be used. 

RLOB- Anderson, ILB Sweat, ILB Hamilton, LOLB Kerrigan

RDE Allen DT Payne LDE The Greek Freak

This is a situational formation where the offense doesn't know where the blitz could come from and would really need excellent pass protection to stop all that pass rush coming their way. How are you stopping that rush? 

That’s not the situational defensive line up we should use.

It should be moving Kerrigan to DE in our nickel/dime defense next to 2 of our DL - Allen/Payne/Ioannidis. Then,  Anderson in at LOLB, LILB - JH Clemons, RILB - SDH, ROLB - Sweat.

Edited by turtle28