Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yea ok, We've heard nothing about this dude in OTAs! Now if Anderson was a CB with the news about Moreland making a name for himself I'd agree, but as stated we've heard nothing about Brialford. 

Still someone got the reps and got a bit better and showed in front of the coaches.

 

It's the same philosophy as with Jordan Reed and Paul Richardson: they might be the most talented at their position, but if they are not on the field, all of their talent is meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Anderson was supposedly dominating Flowers in OTA's so good luck keeping Flowers over Anderson! O yea I forgot Flowers showed up to Voluntary activities so he deserves a spot more than Anderson! 

Don't go putting words in my mouth. Flowers should not be anywhere near a NFL roster. At the same time, he showed up. While he should be out of the league, the coaching staff will remember that he was there.

Also, with regards to Anderson, here's the full quote: https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-observations-the-deep-ball-is-back-in/article_487838aa-86db-11e9-a986-6b9cf85de59d.html

Quote

--It's possible nobody is having a worse minicamp than Ereck Flowers. After getting manhandled by Sweat last week, Flowers, playing at the left tackle position, was picked up and moved around like a piece of unwanted furniture throughout Tuesday's drills. Ryan Anderson will look like a Pro Bowler in the film room when the tape is reviewed. The Redskins, hopefully, are coming up with starting five combinations that don't involve counting on Flowers.

That wasn't complimentary of Anderson, but more about how bad Flowers was (in the fact that he took a meh guy and made him look spectacular).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Still someone got the reps and got a bit better and showed in front of the coaches.

 

It's the same philosophy as with Jordan Reed and Paul Richardson: they might be the most talented at their position, but if they are not on the field, all of their talent is meaningless.

Anderson has been getting these reps Brialford is just getting. 3 year's ahead of him, so it would be a bad look for Anderson IMO if Brailford didn't need those more than Anderson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Don't go putting words in my mouth. Flowers should not be anywhere near a NFL roster. At the same time, he showed up. While he should be out of the league, the coaching staff will remember that he was there.

Also, with regards to Anderson, here's the full quote: https://www.richmond.com/sports/redskins/redskins-observations-the-deep-ball-is-back-in/article_487838aa-86db-11e9-a986-6b9cf85de59d.html

That wasn't complimentary of Anderson, but more about how bad Flowers was (in the fact that he took a meh guy and made him look spectacular).

It was to a degree complementary of Anderson because he did his freaking job and showed why he deserves a spot! Is Brailford doing these samethings against Flowers or any other competition? Once again I've heard nothing about Brialford. 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Anderson has been getting these reps Brialford is just getting. 3 year's ahead of him, so it would be a bad look for Anderson IMO if Brailford didn't need those more than Anderson. 

Well, we'll never know now.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

It was to a degree complementary of Anderson because he did his freaking job and showed why he deserves a spot! Is Brailford doing these samethings against Flowers or any other competition? Once again I've heard nothing about Brialford. 

*shrugs* okay then. If Anderson's okay with being a backup/role player and not a starter, that's his choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Woz said:

He made his choice. That's his right. It might matter, it might not.

In your book it matters that's why we're conversing about this topic. It won't matter to the Skins and why Anderson will make they 53 man Roster without question oppose to injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Well, we'll never know now.

*shrugs* okay then. If Anderson's okay with being a backup/role player and not a starter, that's his choice.

What's wrong with that? You need that if Sweat or Kerrigan where to go down right? I'm sure your not saying he is better than Kerrigan or Sweat are you? 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

In your book it matters that's why we're conversing about this topic. It won't matter to the Skins and why Anderson will make they 53 man Roster without question oppose to injury. 

I just think if he wants to advance when there's an opening in front of him, sitting back and not showing up isn't going to help his cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Woz said:

I just think if he wants to advance when there's an opening in front of him, sitting back and not showing up isn't going to help his cause.

There's not a opening when Sweat was just drafted! If any, its a slight one that We all would like to see Sweat close very quickly being a 1st round pick and costing the team two 2nd round picks. Anderson knows that as well! Once again he showed up when he was suppose too! 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

What's wrong with that?

Well, I would hope the team would get more out of a former 2nd round pick (one entering his third season) than just a backup. However, like I said, I called it a wasted pick at the time. I'm not liking that I'm turning out to be right.

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You need that if Sweat or Kerrigan where to go down right?

While we don't know about Sweat, Kerrigan hasn't missed a start in his career. So, while they need backups, counting on developing when you have a guy who rarely comes off the field isn't a way to get ahead.

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm sure your not saying he is better than Kerrigan or Sweat are you? 

Kerrigan? No. But there was an opportunity to lock up the starting ROLB position and have Sweat be a rotational player this year. Now, he might have to fight for a starting role instead of having the inside track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Well, I would hope the team would get more out of a former 2nd round pick (one entering his third season) than just a backup. However, like I said, I called it a wasted pick at the time. I'm not liking that I'm turning out to be right.

While we don't know about Sweat, Kerrigan hasn't missed a start in his career. So, while they need backups, counting on developing when you have a guy who rarely comes off the field isn't a way to get ahead.

Kerrigan? No. But there was an opportunity to lock up the starting ROLB position and have Sweat be a rotational player this year. Now, he might have to fight for a starting role instead of having the inside track.

He will still fight for those reps just during Training Camp and Preseason not during Voluntary Minicamp Sir! 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

There's not a opening when Sweat was just drafted! If any, its a slight one that We all would like to see Sweat close very quickly being a 1st round pick and costing the team two 2nd round picks. Anderson knows that as well!

Even a slight opening is an opening. If he wanted the job, he needed to show the staff that he wanted the job. He chose to stay home. That was his prerogative.

 

While I was still young in my career, my boss asked me to do some technical screens for candidates. I had no idea how to interview people to find out things. So I called my dad. He said something that sticks with me today:

"At the end of the day, when interviewing a candidate, you want to answer three questions: 1. Can they do the job? 2. Will they do the job? and 3. Will they fit in with the rest of your team? If the answer to any of those questions is no, then you should pass on them."

By not showing up, it's possible that Anderson put a strike next to his name on question 2 and left question 1 unanswered beyond his spot play to date. Even question 3 is at risk since the coaching staff could not see how the defense would operate with him on the field with the guys who did show up.

 

Again, his choice. If I'm a coach, I have to evaluate what I see on the field of the players to know if they are a fit or not. If someone doesn't show up, their evaluation is empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He will still fight for those reps just during Training Camp and Preseason not during Voluntary Minicamp Sir! 

Okay then.

Of course, maybe a guy like Brailford, who didn't make any impact that we know of, learned something. Something that he won't have be told in training camp/preseason, and thus will be a step closer. We don't know. Leaving your job up to fate is a risky proposition, though.

We're not going to agree. That's fine, and I understand it's entirely his choice not to show up. It just doesn't look all that good from where I sit. *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Woz said:

Even a slight opening is an opening. If he wanted the job, he needed to show the staff that he wanted the job. He chose to stay home. That was his prerogative.

 

While I was still young in my career, my boss asked me to do some technical screens for candidates. I had no idea how to interview people to find out things. So I called my dad. He said something that sticks with me today:

"At the end of the day, when interviewing a candidate, you want to answer three questions: 1. Can they do the job? 2. Will they do the job? and 3. Will they fit in with the rest of your team? If the answer to any of those questions is no, then you should pass on them."

By not showing up, it's possible that Anderson put a strike next to his name on question 2 and left question 1 unanswered beyond his spot play to date. Even question 3 is at risk since the coaching staff could not see how the defense would operate with him on the field with the guys who did show up.

 

Again, his choice. If I'm a coach, I have to evaluate what I see on the field of the players to know if they are a fit or not. If someone doesn't show up, their evaluation is empty.

Once again your only concerned about You and Your values nothing about your player or employee. Your Franchise has turf issues and other issues witch is why my client would like to train elsewhere doing Voluntary Activities. Also the League ALLOWS me or my client to not participate in Voluntary Activities. Cut me or Him if you like, there are another 31 teams he can make! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay then.

Of course, maybe a guy like Brailford, who didn't make any impact that we know of, learned something. Something that he won't have be told in training camp/preseason, and thus will be a step closer. We don't know. Leaving your job up to fate is a risky proposition, though.

We're not going to agree. That's fine, and I understand it's entirely his choice not to show up. It just doesn't look all that good from where I sit. *shrugs*

This is Anderson's 3rd season here, while its Brailford 1st! He's just learning the playbook, Anderson knows it. Redskins aren't teaching him nothing new IMO. Anderson himself has said practice at Alabama was harder than with the Skins. Your shrugs again say you care nothing about those who work for or with YOU. Not a good look even if you are the Boss! 

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×