Jags sign WR Terrelle Pryor

TheKillerNacho

16 hours ago, bomont said:

He and the Jags are going to crash and burn but good. He's being way (way) overrated based on an improbable SB run and has little to work with on the Jags. The D will help them win a few they shouldn't, but I see a high draft pick next year and a good chance it's spent on a QB.

You say crash and burn as if last season wasnt already a dumpster fire

And the “good” comment just makes you sound salty though as if Foles is some arrogant prick writing up headlines about himself. Sure he’s was overrated in Philly as some God but considering 95+% of people expect him to fail in Jacksonville I’m not sure how he is still overrated 

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It wasn't just his SB run though, it was his entire tenure as a Eagle running the RPO type offense. However you are correct that the limited weapons he is working with will most likely hold him and the Jags back from being successful. 

Let's be real. If Terrell Pryor has a chance to step on the field and actually become Nick Foles #1 WR, that should speak volumes about the rest!!!

Pryor at this point is basically an UDFA...just because we sign him doesnt mean he makes the team or starts. 

Pryor doesn't have a chance even if our WRs arent good. His best chance is our WR group gets crushed with injuries and if that’s the case on any team, he could see the field and be a contributor in garbage time 

I understood the fascination when we had him in Cleveland a few years ago. 27, an athletic freak, and a cheap roll of the dice.

What are teams expecting from a 30 year WR who’s never really figured the position out?

Seems like a waste of a roster spot/reps at this point tbh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

How different would Pryor's career be if he switched to WR as soon as he got into the league?

Given the QB's Cleveland had, doubt there be any difference really. He doesn't strike me as a Hines Ward Julian Edelman type. Especially given his apparent hands of stone.

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Given the QB's Cleveland had, doubt there be any difference really. He doesn't strike me as a Hines Ward Julian Edelman type. Especially given his apparent hands of stone.

It would have been Oakland (which didn't exactly fare well either at QB during that time) but I get it. I think he would have been a competent #2/#3 at worst - think Eric Decker, stat-wise, a guy who could do great things with an elite QB, but then fall off the map when the QB situation sinks.

• Like 1

I forgot he had a 1000 yard season in 2016.

He had 16.8 ypc with the Jets last year in limited action.

• He did nothing in Buffalo but their QB was almost exactly like Josh Rosen as a passer + also a good runner

This is not exactly like trying out Tebow at WR.

5 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

There was some article that we offered 3-4 years at 10 mil but he turned it down. 

Dude really made a bad decision 

I think that's the biggest narrative for his career as a whole - he bet on himself in Washington, and he busted out. 

He's probably made some good money - but he could have made very good to great money if he stayed with the Browns.

Edit: Spotrac has him at $14mm. He made very good money, actually.