Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I haven't played much the last two days or so, but I got on today and finally maxed out my MP5.  My AUG is at level 37, but I'm going to try a new SMG.  I'll eventually level them all up anyways.

FTniCru.jpg

I tried the MP5 but all it did for me was notify them of my presence, whilst I unloaded the mag on them, enough for them to turn round and pwn me. Obvs it's the standard MP5, should I just persist?

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I tried the MP5 but all it did for me was notify them of my presence, whilst I unloaded the mag on them, enough for them to turn round and pwn me. Obvs it's the standard MP5, should I just persist?

IMO, the MP5 is the best SMG in the game.  I started playing with it as soon as I unlocked it, so at the time I didn't know that.  After going with the MP5 for so long to now using guns like the Uzi and PP Bizon, I can see clearly how superior the MP5 actually is.

That MP5 is god-like. Using the barrel version of the monolithic suppressor bodies anybody. Well, when the host and lag is on your side anyway. I'm about to unlock that Subsonic intregal Suppressor for the barrel as well. Looks like a beast mode attachment.

And for the record again, Kilo was crafted by God himself and presented to all who played Call of Casual. That gun is so pure. Don't see why everyone so hyped off that young M4A1.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

That MP5 is god-like. Using the barrel version of the monolithic suppressor bodies anybody. Well, when the host and lag is on your side anyway. I'm about to unlock that Subsonic intregal Suppressor for the barrel as well. Looks like a beast mode attachment.

And for the record again, Kilo was crafted by God himself and presented to all who played Call of Casual. That gun is so pure. Don't see why everyone so hyped off that young M4A1.

I have some Qs for you.

What's your KDR?

Is this different from previous CODs? If so, how?

What's your internet speed?

The reason I ask is because in previous CODs I'm like at least 2.0 KDR. In BO1, I was well over that for some reason. THIS time, I'm lucky if I break even. I find this game a death simulator. Go inside and get killed, go outside and get killed. It COULD be my internet speed (which is poor) it could be that I now suck or it could be that this game is just.....hard. Wherever I go, done from behind. Whenever I get into a 1v1 I'm losing it. Can't get people at range. Can't get people up close.

:D 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I have some Qs for you.

What's your KDR?

Is this different from previous CODs? If so, how?

What's your internet speed?

The reason I ask is because in previous CODs I'm like at least 2.0 KDR. In BO1, I was well over that for some reason. THIS time, I'm lucky if I break even. I find this game a death simulator. Go inside and get killed, go outside and get killed. It COULD be my internet speed (which is poor) it could be that I now suck or it could be that this game is just.....hard. Wherever I go, done from behind. Whenever I get into a 1v1 I'm losing it. Can't get people at range. Can't get people up close.

:D 

1. My KDR fluctuate between 1.45 and 1.50 in this game. In Black Ops 4, KDR was 2.20. So I'm about an average player. Not great, but not a scrub lord either.

2. It feels different or rather, it feels more like MW2 with the lag comp and hit detection. Getting hit around corners and when aiming and shooting to kill. Like I said, the Kilo is my favorite gun. I have 1300 kills with that gun alone. So when I hit someone, sometimes its a beam and I get the kill in the time its actually supposed to take. Then in other times, it feels like i have to empty half a clip or more. Or sometimes I'll just flat out get hitmarkers while getting merked by a sub machine gun from range.

3. Back in August I "upgraded" my internet package to the 1 gig package. On PS4 my connection download speed is between 300mbps and 450mbps with my upload speed at 9-10mbps. And that's being hardwired and not even 5 feet from the router. Ping sits between 30-60 on console

However, on PC, I get between 800mbps - 950mbps with a 9 or 10 ping. Before I upgraded, my maximum speed was 99-110.

This game is a death simulator with the camping and the lag comp. Which is why I said sometimes you just gotta be lucky. You'll see the kill cam and on your screen you shot dead to rights. On your enemies screen, you're still running before you shot or aimed down sights. The game is pretty wild with the connections. I can really feel the lag when I'm aiming down sights and the aim-assist is literally pulling my gun to another spot where in my screen, the guy is still in one place. It's sick, especially on a gig connection or alleged. 

What's your tag? We may can run a set. I'd say 50% of the time my friends and I get a lobby that's supposed to be a ping of 25 or less. I think they're bluffin' on that, but that's what the game says.

7 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

1. My KDR fluctuate between 1.45 and 1.50 in this game. In Black Ops 4, KDR was 2.20. So I'm about an average player. Not great, but not a scrub lord either.

2. It feels different or rather, it feels more like MW2 with the lag comp and hit detection. Getting hit around corners and when aiming and shooting to kill. Like I said, the Kilo is my favorite gun. I have 1300 kills with that gun alone. So when I hit someone, sometimes its a beam and I get the kill in the time its actually supposed to take. Then in other times, it feels like i have to empty half a clip or more. Or sometimes I'll just flat out get hitmarkers while getting merked by a sub machine gun from range.

3. Back in August I "upgraded" my internet package to the 1 gig package. On PS4 my connection download speed is between 300mbps and 450mbps with my upload speed at 9-10mbps. And that's being hardwired and not even 5 feet from the router. Ping sits between 30-60 on console

However, on PC, I get between 800mbps - 950mbps with a 9 or 10 ping. Before I upgraded, my maximum speed was 99-110.

This game is a death simulator with the camping and the lag comp. Which is why I said sometimes you just gotta be lucky. You'll see the kill cam and on your screen you shot dead to rights. On your enemies screen, you're still running before you shot or aimed down sights. The game is pretty wild with the connections. I can really feel the lag when I'm aiming down sights and the aim-assist is literally pulling my gun to another spot where in my screen, the guy is still in one place. It's sick, especially on a gig connection or alleged. 

What's your tag? We may can run a set. I'd say 50% of the time my friends and I get a lobby that's supposed to be a ping of 25 or less. I think they're bluffin' on that, but that's what the game says.

OK, makes me feel a bit better.

My internet is 30mbps. Not 300, 30 :D. Not sure what the ping is. I may get an ethernet cable, that should help somewhat. 

Did you play MW3 online? It kind of reminds me of that. A 1:1 kdr, whereas before was a bit easier. I'd love to know the reasons for the differences between the games.

25 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

OK, makes me feel a bit better.

My internet is 30mbps. Not 300, 30 :D. Not sure what the ping is. I may get an ethernet cable, that should help somewhat. 

Did you play MW3 online? It kind of reminds me of that. A 1:1 kdr, whereas before was a bit easier. I'd love to know the reasons for the differences between the games.

30 isn't bad, but not ideal. And if you can, definitely get an ethernet cable. These shooters today are dependent on connection. Being hardwired is the best option if possible. If not, you can still do well, just gotta pick your spots I guess. I used to have a 3m (yes 3) back in the MW2/MW3 days with Verizon DSL. And yeah, I played every COD online outside of World at War. (Not a fan of WWII games. Was begged buy friends to by WWII that came out 3 years ago) And yeah, the 1 to 1 is definitely there. Couldn't begin to understand why there is differences between games. I wish Activision would stop being lames and just give us full dedicated servers. You're making billions and won't lose any sleep or bottom line giving us dedicated servers.

Edited by RavensfanRD
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

30 isn't bad, but not ideal. And if you can, definitely get an ethernet cable. These shooters today are dependent on connection. Being hardwired is the best option if possible. If not, you can still do well, just gotta pick your spots I guess. I used to have a 3m (yes 3) back in the MW2/MW3 days with Verizon DSL. And yeah, I played every COD online outside of World at War. (Not a fan of WWII games. Was begged buy friends to by WWII that came out 3 years ago) And yeah, the 1 to 1 is definitely there. Couldn't begin to understand why there is differences between games. I wish Activision would stop being lames and just give us full dedicated servers. You're making billions and won't lose any sleep or bottom line giving us dedicated servers.

Thanks bro. Will do.

• Like 1

@Hunter2_1 @RavensfanRD - Just as a clarification, your connection "speed" (bandwidth) has no effect on latency in online games. A game like COD uses a negligible amount of data. The two things that matter are your ping to your server, and packet loss. A 5 Mbps connection with 20 ping will be far better than a 100 Mbps connection with 50 ping (assuming there aren't other people on your network sucking up all the bandwidth). 

Switching to a gigabit connection will make a difference not because of the extra bandwidth, but because you are switching from a copper/coax wire, to a fiber optic line which has far less latency.

Having a wired connection as opposed to wifi generally doesn't have a huge impact on your ping (unless you have a really slow wireless router), but it will improve connection consistency. You won't drop packets like you do on a wireless connection.

You also need to consider other things like display lag and input lag. Most TV's will have 100-150 ms of display lag when not in gaming mode, meaning even though the game isn't lagging, what you are seeing and reacting to could be 150 ms behind. In a fast game like COD that is massive, and even more important than your ping. A gaming monitor will be 10-15 ms.

Also, COD uses dedicated servers, but right now it seems like there are issues with people being put on sub-optimal servers (such as US players occasionally on EU servers) due to the skill-based matchmaking, but I expect that will be adjusted soon. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

@Hunter2_1 @RavensfanRD - Just as a clarification, your connection "speed" (bandwidth) has no effect on latency in online games. A game like COD uses a negligible amount of data. The two things that matter are your ping to your server, and packet loss. A 5 Mbps connection with 20 ping will be far better than a 100 Mbps connection with 50 ping (assuming there aren't other people on your network sucking up all the bandwidth). 

Switching to a gigabit connection will make a difference not because of the extra bandwidth, but because you are switching from a copper/coax wire, to a fiber optic line which has far less latency.

Having a wired connection as opposed to wifi generally doesn't have a huge impact on your ping (unless you have a really slow wireless router), but it will improve connection consistency. You won't drop packets like you do on a wireless connection.

You also need to consider other things like display lag and input lag. Most TV's will have 100-150 ms of display lag when not in gaming mode, meaning even though the game isn't lagging, what you are seeing and reacting to could be 150 ms behind. In a fast game like COD that is massive, and even more important than your ping. A gaming monitor will be 10-15 ms.

Also, COD uses dedicated servers, but right now it seems like there are issues with people being put on sub-optimal servers (such as US players occasionally on EU servers) due to the skill-based matchmaking, but I expect that will be adjusted soon. 

nerd

• Like 1