Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Is 6v6 the max players?

I'm not sure.  I think 6v6 is typically the max players for the normal game modes.  Black Ops 4 made it 5v5, which was even worse than I thought it would be.  Call of Duty is supposed to be an arcade type game with all types of madness going on (killstreaks, grenades, people running around, etc).  It's not a tactical game or any of the crap they're going to make it into.

I'm just personally hoping for Ground War.  I loved playing that in Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 2.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I'm not sure.  I think 6v6 is typically the max players for the normal game modes.  Black Ops 4 made it 5v5, which was even worse than I thought it would be.  Call of Duty is supposed to be an arcade type game with all types of madness going on (killstreaks, grenades, people running around, etc).  It's not a tactical game or any of the crap they're going to make it into.

I'm just personally hoping for Ground War.  I loved playing that in Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 2.

Agreed. If the max is 6v6 I may skip it. I'm ok with the tactical game approach provided the maps aren't all tiny and there's enough players to fill it.

17 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed. If the max is 6v6 I may skip it. I'm ok with the tactical game approach provided the maps aren't all tiny and there's enough players to fill it.

I still think they will (and need to) cater to the casual crowd as well, meaning having Ground War and some public matches that are faster paced. The majority of players play public matches.

I prefer to play the competitive or league play option anyway, and I don't like the jetpack games for the most part, so I'm happy with these changes. I liked Advanced Warfare a lot, mostly because it was fresh and new, but it got old quick for me. 

TDM and Domination will still make up 80%+ of the player base. They haven't confirmed if it'll be 5v5 or 6v6, but I'd expect 6v6. All the 2v2 and competitive stuff is completely separate from the usual multiplayer.

Ground War is more of a party mode. It is always just a hot mess. It is fun but it has never been one of the staple modes. 

There is a rumor that War (from WW2) will be returning. I really hope so because that was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

TDM and Domination will still make up 80%+ of the player base. They haven't confirmed if it'll be 5v5 or 6v6, but I'd expect 6v6. All the 2v2 and competitive stuff is completely separate from the usual multiplayer.

Ground War is more of a party mode. It is always just a hot mess. It is fun but it has never been one of the staple modes. 

There is a rumor that War (from WW2) will be returning. I really hope so because that was a lot of fun.

I recall seeing that 5v5 is already locked in for the new Call of Duty League, which is the new professional scene, so I would expect 5v5 to be the core gameplay as well. It's probably difficult to make the core maps play well for both 5v5 and 6v6. 

6 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

As long as HC S&D is still there, I'm in. There was no better feeling in the earlier iterations of the game than clutching a 1v4+ while all of your teammates are watching.

With how fast TTK looks, idk how fun hardcore will be 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

The amount of weapon customization looks pretty cool. There was a short video teaser today, I can't link while at work

It is interesting that they have multiple types of different attachments. I forget what the actual names were, but there were 3-4 different Stock attachments shown in the gameplay so far.

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I recall seeing that 5v5 is already locked in for the new Call of Duty League, which is the new professional scene, so I would expect 5v5 to be the core gameplay as well. It's probably difficult to make the core maps play well for both 5v5 and 6v6. 

I don't think there is really much of a difference between 5v5 and 6v6 anyway. If the maps are like 10% smaller it'll feel the same.

A public match is always just 1-2 really good players on each team with garbage players rounding out the rest, so who cares.

I saw a video where someone leaked the game modes in this game and pretty much everything is going to be in, including Ground War.  That huge list of game play modes looked great and with cross play they should all be packed.

• Hardpoint
  • Search & Destroy
  • Capture The Flag
  • Domination
  • Infection
  • Gunfight
  • Cyber Attack
  • Kill Confirmed
  • Headquarters
  • Ground War
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Gun Game
  • War

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I saw a video where someone leaked the game modes in this game and pretty much everything is going to be in, including Ground War.  That huge list of game play modes looked great and with cross play they should all be packed.

• Hardpoint
  • Search & Destroy
  • Capture The Flag
  • Domination
  • Infection
  • Gunfight
  • Cyber Attack
  • Kill Confirmed
  • Headquarters
  • Ground War
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Gun Game
  • War

Looks good but I'm still curious on players per game. Also hoping for a good gun game. I haven't played one of those in ages.

15 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Looks good but I'm still curious on players per game. Also hoping for a good gun game. I haven't played one of those in ages.

The regular game modes would probably be 5v5 or 6v6, I'm assuming.  I saw a chart that had something about the pro league, but I'm not sure if that's a different play list or what.  Maybe that play list will be 5v5 and then normal one would be 6v6.  If the ground war thing is true, I'm assuming that would be 9v9, like it traditionally was.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The regular game modes would probably be 5v5 or 6v6, I'm assuming.  I saw a chart that had something about the pro league, but I'm not sure if that's a different play list or what.  Maybe that play list will be 5v5 and then normal one would be 6v6.  If the ground war thing is true, I'm assuming that would be 9v9, like it traditionally was.

Wasn’t it like 12v12 in MW2? It’s been a while and I quit playing COD around BO3. I got AW but absolutely hated it. 

24 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Wasn’t it like 12v12 in MW2? It’s been a while and I quit playing COD around BO3. I got AW but absolutely hated it. 

I'm not sure.  MW2 and Black Ops 1 was so long ago haha.

I'm fairly certain it was always 9v9 in Ground War for those two games and the two game modes played without Ground War was only Team Deathmatch and Domination.