Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

35 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I caught a few minutes of the twitch reveal stream, it's still going on, and the movement is going waaaaaay back. Haven't seen this movement speed since pre-jetpacks, and it is a lot clunkier/realistic than ever

Not to say this is a bad thing. I began to lose interest in cod when it became so fast paced anyway. BO4 was a step in the right direction, we'll see if this is maybe too big of a step for most people. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I caught a few minutes of the twitch reveal stream, it's still going on, and the movement is going waaaaaay back. Haven't seen this movement speed since pre-jetpacks, and it is a lot clunkier/realistic than ever

I like the new super sprint that lets you sprint extra fast, but with terrible ADS and sprint out times. I did see some sliding but it isn't anything like sliding in the advanced movement games. 

Being able to mount on walls/ledges is interesting, I just hope it isn't overpowered in objective modes if you set up on a key power position.

TTK is also much faster than pretty much anything since MW3. Slower movement and fast TTK means this is going to be a very tactical game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I like the new super sprint that lets you sprint extra fast, but with terrible ADS and sprint out times. I did see some sliding but it isn't anything like sliding in the advanced movement games. 

Being able to mount on walls/ledges is interesting, I just hope it isn't overpowered in objective modes if you set up on a key power position.

TTK is also much faster than pretty much anything since MW3. Slower movement and fast TTK means this is going to be a very tactical game.

Watching the clips made me feel a bit better, I was worried about Siege 6 level tactics. Still looked like cod, albeit slower. I like that 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Watching the clips made me feel a bit better, I was worried about Siege 6 level tactics. Still looked like cod, albeit slower. I like that 

I don't think it'll be bad at all, especially not in pubs and normal games modes. S&D and the 2v2 mode are gonna be intense though.

You can really tell how much they worked on the graphics engine; this game looks gorgeous. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't think it'll be bad at all, especially not in pubs and normal games modes. S&D and the 2v2 mode are gonna be intense though.

You can really tell how much they worked on the graphics engine; this game looks gorgeous. 

It really does, and we were watching PS4. 

I'm pretty stoked for the 2v2 mode, I used to play a lot of 2v2 GBs back around Ghosts. The tournament sounds cool

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm pretty stoked for the 2v2 mode, I used to play a lot of 2v2 GBs back around Ghosts. The tournament sounds cool

WE GONNA DO THIS?? 2v2 is the perfect mode for non-professional competitive play. 

37 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:
43 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

WE GONNA DO THIS?? 2v2 is the perfect mode for non-professional competitive play. 

Not if we're playing hardcore you wiener 

I saw about 20 seconds of a clip where a guy was running around with a pistol and hiding.  Looked real tactical... kind of like CSGO in a way.  Also got one shot headshot.

The clip didn't look like a CoD game at all.  I'll watch some of the reveal trailer later.

I liked what I saw.  The 2v2 mode was a bad choice for the first gameplay to show the public, but otherwise it looked good to me.  I can't really comment on the CSGO comparisons because I've never played that game, but I don't really get the Siege ones.  A slower paced COD game is still way faster paced than Siege.  Siege is a great game and easily my favorite current FPS, but I wouldn't want COD to try to be like that anyway.

I hope the TTK isn't super duper fast, but it seems like it will be.  The high TTK of BO4 sucked, but I don't want it to be too low.

Edited by iknowcool

18 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The 2v2 mode was a bad choice for the first gameplay to show the public

Yeah, it was a strange choice. I know they are really trying to promote the competitive scene and CWL, but 99% of people that play COD aren't into super competitive/tactical play with no health regen, no streaks, no minimap, no custom classes and tiny maps. 

All the criticism I have seen on reddit, etc. is that "this doesn't look like COD", which it obviously doesn't because the public multiplayer that everyone plays is a completely different game from competitive setups like this. 

What they should have done is have someone like Scump play against full lobbies of devs so they can just dominate and show off the high streaks. That is the type of thing that most people want with COD, and that would get people hyped. 

• Like 1

Is Call of Duty as an eSport even all that big or successful?  I've never even heard of it in recent years and I'm really into the eSports scene of several games in different genres.  I remember back in the day when CoD was on top of the world there was the Optic clan (Nadeshot) and all those dudes.  I'm sure people still play, but it just doesn't even seem like something that's really all that massive.  I'm saying that because when they started to try to make CoD super competitive is when the game started sucking, IMO.

Like in Black Ops 4, the player count in that game sucks.  The maps suck because they had to make them smaller and 5v5 also sucks.  I'm not a competitive player and neither is 99.9% of the people who play this game.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Is Call of Duty as an eSport even all that big or successful?  I've never even heard of it in recent years and I'm really into the eSports scene of several games in different genres.  I remember back in the day when CoD was on top of the world there was the Optic clan (Nadeshot) and all those dudes.  I'm sure people still play, but it just doesn't even seem like something that's really all that massive. 

The prize pool for the next two COD World League events are something like $1M and $3M each, so they definitely are successful. Nowhere near the main eSports though.

18 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

The prize pool for the next two COD World League events are something like $1M and $3M each, so they definitely are successful. Nowhere near the main eSports though.

The growth of cod as a competitive esport has really failed. The move to 5v5 was a mistake. It is too fast paced to watch and keep up. In respawns it's hard to follow one person because the average life is so short.